***LAKERS @ BLAZERS 4/10 Game Thread***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 66, 67, 68  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wmason
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject:

Didn't have the energy on a back to back against 2 good teams to beat both Portland and the refs.

They shot 18 more freethrows than we did, mostly on bogus calls and it was a 1 point game at the end.

If this was the first game of the back to back, i think we would have won by 10, refs and all.
kok823
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Calm down guys, with all the Tim Donaghying calls, they barely beat us.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:09 pm    Post subject:

wmason wrote:
Didn't have the energy on a back to back against 2 good teams to beat both Portland and the refs.

They shot 18 more freethrows than we did, mostly on bogus calls and it was a 1 point game at the end.

If this was the first game of the back to back, i think we would have won by 10, refs and all.

That is probably the root cause of the failure tonite which why the Lakers let go of a 10 pt lead late in the first half and the reason why their defense was weak inside early in the 3rd quarter and WHY Kobe shot crappy jump shots late.
madmax1212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:09 pm    Post subject: hmm...Kurt Rambis...

that's y mr. rambus will never be the next head coach for the lakers:

1) fisher instead of brown or sasha in the final minutes? my man fish has made a total of 2 shots in the last two games i believe...read the stats plz!
2) no bynum in the last 6 minutes of the game, how many offensive rebounds did the blazers get? why don't you try the bynum-gasol-odom front line?
3) called two timeouts in the final couple of possessions -- then the results = kobe going 1 on 2, 1 on 3...where's your playbook?
4) luke played way too many minutes in the second half. no scoring (other than a freethrow), no assist, only turnovers

about the only thing i can agree with kurt was benching farmar -- com'on jordan! you are playing your way out of the rotation! ready to play in China with Smush?

1 more thought = referees in this game must be on the blazers' payroll...that monkey boy Oden traveled everytime he backed into bynum, yet no calls...

Last edited by madmax1212 on Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rsxtreme415
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:09 pm    Post subject:

trunkz550 wrote:
Let the piss and moan begin. Yall stop crying. I mean its a tough loss but we played them on the second night of a back2back. If portland thinks this game means ANYTHING come playoff time they are looking for fools gold. Playoffs is a new ball game. I'm sad we lost but we won 63 games AND have the best ROAD record. Calm down yall we'll be fine.

Teams play back to back all the time. Championship teams need to find ways. They dug themselvs out of a hole tonight were up 10 and coughed it up instantly. no excuses for the lakers especially this late in the season. this kind of crap worries me. you have your opponent down give them a little light in playoffs will bury us. believe that
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:10 pm    Post subject:

I hope Phil Jackson was taking notes tonight; just to avoid these mistakes in the future.
Vercetti
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Is HCA all that important anyway? Even if Cleveland gets by Boston (which I don't think the will), we've already proven we can win there. Its not like last year when Boston destroyed us twice during the regular season.
lil Pau Wow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Atleast his wife is best friends with Jeanie Buss.
j-Laker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Lets See we win out the 1st Half.. Playing agreesive and Lockdown D... Then I dont like blaming Refs but the proofs in the pudding...

3rd Quarter

5 fouls On Blazers 2 FT for Lakers

4th Qaurter

4 Fouls On Blazers 5 FT for Lakers

3rd Quarter

7 Fouls On Lakers 9 FT For Blazers

4th Quarter

7 Fouls in 3 Minutes On Lakers

8 Fouls Total before the Lakers Started fouling on Purpose .. That Gave Blazers 10 FT in the 4th Before .42 Seconds to Play...

Thats 19 FT in The Second Half before we purposely commited fouls

So 19 FT for Blazers Compared 7 FT for Lakers in the second half ..and this would not change your game and the way you can sub....

But Keeping the hot hand Brown in there would have helped...

Bynum will be Healthier if we do see them in the second round.. at least 6 Games and more practice as well as Brown more time to gel...

Last edited by j-Laker on Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject:

OregonLakerGuy wrote:
XTC wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
STAT OF THE NIGHT

Shannon Brown: 10 points

Derek Fisher: 2 points, Jordan Farmar: 0 points (Steve Blake: 16 points, Rodrigeuz: 10 points)

Who deserves starters minutes?

Gotta give it up for ShaBrown!

He is making his case. I look forward to seeing this develop.

You and me both, only positive from tonights game, in my opinion .
FBP Si 2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject:

Vercetti wrote:
Is HCA all that important anyway? Even if Cleveland gets by Boston (which I don't think the will), we've already proven we can win there. Its not like last year when Boston destroyed us twice during the regular season.

That's after being down double digits in Cleveland too in the 2nd half...w/o Drew!
Rsxtreme415
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject:

FBP Si 2000 wrote:
Vercetti wrote:

That's after being down double digits in Cleveland too in the 2nd half...w/o Drew!

Granted we could win on the raod. why resort that that situation when you can kick arse and take names at home?
FBP Si 2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:15 pm    Post subject:

Rsxtreme415 wrote:
FBP Si 2000 wrote:
Vercetti wrote:

Granted we could win on the raod. why resort that that situation when you can kick arse and take names at home?

I know whatcha mean...but it looks like HCA is pretty much out of reach, so I have to have another reason!
Banzai
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject:

plato wrote:
He deserves to rot on the bench. Brown>>>Farmer.
I agree. Brown>Failmar.
Lakers For Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject:

We could face the blazers in 2nd round. Then we'll have to watch Kobe shoot homeruns instead of playing smart. I swear any future Kobe game winners will lose affect to me with all his dumb past mistakes like tonight. He gets lazy and settles for long jumpers time and time again.
j-Laker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
OregonLakerGuy wrote:
XTC wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
STAT OF THE NIGHT

Shannon Brown: 10 points

Derek Fisher: 2 points, Jordan Farmar: 0 points (Steve Blake: 16 points, Rodrigeuz: 10 points)

Who deserves starters minutes?

Gotta give it up for ShaBrown!

He is making his case. I look forward to seeing this develop.

You and me both, only positive from tonights game, in my opinion .

if we tighten down the rotation ...Lets go ahead an make that move now..

Brown
Kobe
Bynum
Gasol
Ariza

OFTB
Fisher
Sasha--Will see
Walton
Odom

And go back to the ODOM -GASOL -Bynum rotation so there is two of them on the floor the whole time...and who know maybe gett Bynum back to finishing the game...BUt they have to see FARMAR and FISHER are in shooting slumps... And Ariza is scared of the 3 ..he has lost some of his MOJO he had... so he needs to Drive with the two bigs clearing the lane
FBP Si 2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lakers For Life wrote:
We could face the blazers in 2nd round. Then we'll have to watch Kobe shoot homeruns instead of playing smart. I swear any future Kobe game winners will lose affect to me with all his dumb past mistakes like tonight. He gets lazy and settles for long jumpers time and time again.

Could be lazy and tired legs!
knhellesky
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: hmm...Kurt Rambis...

madmax1212 wrote:

1) fisher instead of brown or sasha in the final minutes?

I was wondering the same thing...Shannon had the hot hand and he was taken out?
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

its not like a hall of fame coach wouldnt have made the same mistakes.....

- Bottom line is you always wants your most clutch and experience players on the floor at crunch time that includes Fisher. Had Fisher not went it, we'd be complaining about how Rambis let an inexperienced guard play in crunch time.

- Having no Bynum wasn't so bad considering we replaced him with Gasol and Odom. IF we couldn't get any rebounds, dont blame that on the coaching. Even Phil never used a Odom-Bynum-Gasol front court.

- I have a hard time believing we came out of a timeout just so Kobe could launch a horrible contested 3 point shot. This isn't the first time, Kobe has tried to go for the tie or the kill in a close game and fail miserably.

- Again sounds like something a hall of famer coach would of done. Like it or not, Luke is an integral part of our team.
purple8goldvanessa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:19 pm    Post subject:

i thought only phil had hot love for luke, but i was wrong.
j-Laker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject:

Andf I do beleive we will not see this team again this year , and dont care if we do...but either way they are gone after houston or SA... Sorry but they are two young and 5 or 7 game series... HOU and SA got to take that
Goggles
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:23 pm    Post subject:

I was a little confused as to why Sasha and Bynum were on the bench when we were down by 3. Fisher shouldn't have been in. I realize Fisher's a good clutch shooter, but it didn't seem like he wanted to take the shot.

I don't really like that Kobe was taking nearly all of the shots down the stretch when he was struggling. I don't understand why we don't look to Gasol to either shoot or create something for another player.

The zebras didn't help our cause tonight either...

Last edited by Goggles on Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
SlickVic
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:24 pm    Post subject:

A series with the Blazers probably would be interesting. Yes there was some terrible decision making in the last 2 minutes but from what I saw the rest of the game, I think the Lakers have a shot at stealing a game at the Rose Garden come playoff time though I fully expect it to be a very tough game. Besides, it's not like the Blazers have done much at Staples.

Tonight's game is a heartbreaking loss and while it is concerning to see such bad decision making down the stretch this close to the playoffs, it's been a damn good season. Whenever you can finish a season with less than 20 losses, you've been doing something right.
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: hmm...Kurt Rambis...

madmax1212 wrote:

1) fisher instead of brown or sasha in the final minutes? my man fish has made a total of 2 shots in the last two games i believe...read the stats plz!
2) no bynum in the last 6 minutes of the game, how many offensive rebounds did the blazers get? why don't you try the bynum-gasol-odom front line?
3) called two timeouts in the final couple of possessions -- then the results = kobe going 1 on 2, 1 on 3...where's your playbook?
4) luke played way too many minutes in the second half. no scoring (other than a freethrow), no assist, only turnovers

Sorry, but Phil would have made virtually all these same "mistakes." There's no way he would have not put Fish back at the end of the game. There's no way he would have benched Luke. He would likely not have picked today to try a Pau-Bynum-LO frontcourt .

Who knows exactly what Phil would have done differently tonight, but these points probably aren't them.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:31 pm    Post subject:

This is troublesome if they meet in the playoffs. Blazers will have the confidence to know the Lakers cannot beat them at their place and the Blazers just need to steal one at Staples. Yet another Blazer game filled with free-throws for Portland. Lakers need to figure out a way to beat them on the road. Not happy with Kobe's shooting performance tonight. Gasol with only 9 shot attempts? That's not smart basketball.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 66, 67, 68  Next
Page 67 of 68
Jump to: