***LAKERS -vs- JAZZ 4/21 Game 2 Thread***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 69, 70, 71  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:56 pm    Post subject:

That's how the midgets Milsap and Boozer get offensive rebounds.
Lakers5150
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Won't get any better Thursday boys.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Are we playing in Salt Lake City or in Los Angeles?

postandpivot wrote:
82410 wrote:
SQUAD UP wrote:
Cause it sure seems like it's home cooking for the Jazz from the officials. Since when did these (bleep) were allowed to get away with moving screens and over the backs on the road? Oh yeah, the Jazz now all of a sudden out shoot teams from the free throw line too on the road. Both games here, they out shot us from the free throw line, you think were gonna get more free throws than them playing in Utah? I doubt it.

No (bleep) way we win this in a sweep or 5 games, this is going 6 possibly 7. No way stern lets a "tough, hard nosed Sloan coached Jazz team" get booted early, not if he has anything to say about it..Bynum was getting the royal shaft, as well as the rest of our team. (bleep) was sickening.

I agree and I called it. If Utah is allowed to initiate contact, rough up Kobe, hack at Gasol and Andrew and get away with it, this is going to be a brutal series. The NBA needs to send in a veteran respected crew to handle game 3. That young ref today was absolutely out of his mind bad.

come on fellas. wake up. they sent the ref crew on purpose. it worked as planned. did you watch a close game or what? yes you did. could this game have been a blow out just like game one if it wasn't for the officials? YOu betcha. so again, you got what they wanted to give to you. 2 close games.

I wouldn't put it past the league, but this was really 1 bad ref. A young guy with a clear issue with the Lakers (specifically Kobe) that ref was so bad he should lose his job...seriously.
vida24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject:

It was so bad especially at the end of the game...uhhh.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject:

Milsap and Boozer are taught to keep pushing and shoving on all rebound attempts because the idiot refs are not gonna call them all.
slippy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Reffing was atrocious last year too between the Lakers and Utah. Both sides complained about it.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject:

VonTrapp wrote:
On going to Utah and playing there:

"It's just noise... it's just noise."

- Mamba, cold blooded

Is he referring to the insane number of whistles he's gonna hear in favor of the Jazz?
Lakers5150
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject:

MilSLAP is allowed to get away with murder under the rim, it's pretty laughable at this point.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:02 pm    Post subject:

I think the saying "will get a lot worse before it gets better" is fitting since the Lakers are headed to Salt Lake.

Get ready for some serious atrocities.
SQUAD UP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject:

At least last year, the Jazz didn't get away with this (bleep) in LA, they did in Utah, but here we at least got to the line. This year, it seems like the Refs feel sorry for the " Sloan coached team" going up against the mighty talented lakers with too much size up front. They only reason we don't beat these clowns by 20 plus is because of the officials.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:04 pm    Post subject:

Mindripper2000 wrote:
I think the saying "will get a lot worse before it gets better" is fitting since the Lakers are headed to Salt Lake.

Get ready for some serious atrocities.

I'd say the Lakers are going to need to overcome a 20 pt FT attempt disadvantage. That's a massive number to overcome.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:04 pm    Post subject:

So what's the over/under on how fast the Lakers will be out of fouls for each quarter on ticky-tack bogus calls while the Jazz are allowed to push and shove their way to the basket?
k4lakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:05 pm    Post subject:

Phil Jackson post-game interview:

(Interview cut in after the question was asked...)
A:We were able to come out of that game with a win. It's a good win. It's hard to beat a team 3 times in succession, that was a trial for us out there tonight. They threw some new things at us and exploited us at times.

Q: Do you have any concerns that this team that was supposed to be built on defense this year is kind of forgetting about that, just trying to outscore?
A: As well as they shot 3 pointers, we tried to plug the lane a little bit, but I think it's the turn-overs more than anything else. There's not a whole lot of defense when you throw the ball away that many times, it does create open opportunities for them.

Q: You've lost big leads in the first two games, is it a lack of focus on your teams part?
A: No, I don't think so. I think it was my fault substitutions probably hurt us a little bit in the course of the game and I think I maybe tried to play too many players at that time in the game to get us going and it created a bit of a hesitancy in our game.

Q: Coach, is that to mean that you will shorten your bench for the rest of this series?
A: Maybe. I don't know, it depends on what we need. Obviously, we had good production from the bench and Lamar had a big game off the bench. I thought Shannon played fine. We need other guys to step in. Luke had some assists that were really nice tonight but we have to have a bench that supports the starters. I changed the rotation a little bit in the 3rd and 4th quarter. Kobe wanted to stay in the game so I left him in the game and it shortened our bench's time a little bit.

Q: You mentioned Deron Williams and you brought Derek Fisher in at the 5:13 mark of the 4th and D Will went 0 for 5 down the stretch. Did you notice something that Derek was doing or was it team defense that helped with that?
A: You know, Shannon is still kind of new in what we're doing team defense wise and I thought they were attacking us in a way that is difficult for Shannon to recover. They had a Boozer/Williams screen & roll set-up on the open side of the floor that caused us some problems and we were able to handle it with Pau and Derek. It was a little tough for both Shannon and Drew, they're a little bit new and feeling their way together and teamwork on the screen & roll defense.

Q: I know it's hard to stay at the level that they were at in the first but what did they do to take some of those things away as the game progressed?
A: I think it was high energy and they really cluttered the lane, they blocked shots in hands. Drew had almost everything early in the course of this game. I thought our penetration off of open floor opportunities was really good but whenever they get in a situation like the 4th quarter with all the fouls and them going to the line, we have to generate offense, things are going to change up, defense changes and that really took a lot of energy out of our game. It changed the game a lot.

Q: Is there enough defensive fury going into the hostile gym in Utah?
A: I don't know, I really don't know what to expect out of our team coming into Utah. We've won there before and we played well and we couldn't finish the regular season game but we feel like we can go in there and do the job and get a win. That's the important thing, we have the confidence to do that.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:06 pm    Post subject:

As bad as the refs were (and they were predictably awful) this game never gets down to single digits if Phil doesn't go brain dead and bench Kobe and Pau for more than half the 4th qtr while going for the Walton/Vujacic combo for extended minutes.

Ugly ugly sub pattern that needs to be cleaned up pronto.
SQUAD UP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:08 pm    Post subject:

I know one thing, were gonna have to hit our shots from distance like we've been doing in these home games to have a shot at winning in Utah, With Kobe in Mamba mode, otherwise were gonna come back to la tied 2-2. I can already see Bynum getting 2 quick fouls before the 8 minute mark of the first quarter and Gasol getting mugged with no Call, just like last year. If Dick Bavetta is part of the ref crew the next games, may as well chalk it up as a L.

Last edited by SQUAD UP on Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
DJ Qube
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:09 pm    Post subject:

if you watched 5 hours of basketball tonight like I did, you saw two extremes of officiating. Jimmy and the Cavs couldn't hit ANYTHING in the 4th and Detroit was making a monumental comback. But the refs kept the Cavs afloat with a parade to the free throw line, mostly from touch fouls 30+ feet from the basket. LeBron shot more free throws than the entire Pistons team, and the Cavs had a 43 to 16 free throw attempt differential. That is just ridiculous.
Then we play our game and we absolutely dominated the paint. We had so many more shots inside than they did, yet they shoot more free throws than us AGAIN! Kobe, Gasol, etc. was hacked so many times during Utah's "runs".
We're 2-0 this postseason, but I am beyond pissed that we are getting jobbed like this while Stern is rolling the red carpet out for the Cavs over on the east coast.
In the two games played so far in the Cavs - Pistons series, LeBron James alone has shot 31 free throws while the entire Detroit front court (Prince, McDyess, and Wallace) has shot 2.
slippy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:09 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

I'd say the Lakers are going to need to overcome a 20 pt FT attempt disadvantage. That's a massive number to overcome.

True
Shalashaska
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
As bad as the refs were (and they were predictably awful) this game never gets down to single digits if Phil doesn't go brain dead and bench Kobe and Pau for more than half the 4th qtr while going for the Walton/Vujacic combo for extended minutes.

Yep. Sasha, Farmar, and Walton will need to be on a very, very short leash. Especially on the road.

The time for letting guys "find themselves" and get a feel for pressure minutes is over. This is the postseason.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

It makes you wonder if Philsy has in his game plan to play the worst 2 players in crunch time to confuse the opposition to match up crap for crap. Sloan isn't gonna fall for that one.
kb243991
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:15 pm    Post subject: 2 down, 14 to go..

to the championship!

-Phil Jackson-
k4lakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject:

Trevor Ariza post-game interview:

Q: You shot 5 of 6 over 30 minutes with 9 assists, real efficient game for you all around.
A: Well, when players would close out on me, I'd just find open teammates. Pau had a lot of single coverage there and just give him the ball and he's gonna score.

Q: You know about playoff intensity, Game 1 had it, you guys held them off today, is this the most intense basketball game you've been in?
A: So far of these two games, this was definitely intense. They came here and played their hearts out and now we've got to go up there and do the same.

Q: You have home court advantage for a reason, nice though to go and take Game 3. If you take Game 3, you take their heart. What's it going to take to get that first one?
A: Playing hard for 48 minutes, no let-ups, just keep it up no matter what the score is, whether up or down you gotta keep playing.

Q: You obviously want to clean up some things, there were some turnovers that lead to some easy buckets and Deron Williams, defending him is a challenge. When you were successful against him, why do you think?
A: We kind of got him out of what he was comfortable doing. We took him out of spots were he was comfortable playing in and had to make other people make decisions.
VonTrapp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:24 pm    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
VonTrapp wrote:
On going to Utah and playing there:

"It's just noise... it's just noise."

- Mamba, cold blooded

Is he referring to the insane number of whistles he's gonna hear in favor of the Jazz?

hah probably

With regards the crowd, I'll be interested in seeing how Bynum and Brown respond to the crazy Jazz fans in the playoff setting. At home is one thing, but now they will have their mettle tested.
k4lakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:32 pm    Post subject:

Shannon Brown post-game interview:

Q: As far as this game, it took an effort from everyone, they gave you a hard fight down the stretch.
A: Yeah, they did, we know they're not going to go away at all. Utah's a good team that executes their game real well and they're a bunch of fighters and I think we've got to execute better on defense. We let Deron have his way a little bit out there and he's a good player.

Q: Phil just mentioned defending Deron Williams, how do you think you did and what is the best way to try and defend him?
A: I just try to execute the game plan. We've got certain coverages that we have to do, sometimes it works, sometimes it didn't. That's why we've got practice. When we get in tomorrow we'll practice, watch film and get better at it.

Q: What do you expect in Utah?
A: Oh man, I expect that crowd to be crazy. I expect them to have a lot of energy at home. I expect them to come out fighting and I expect us to come out and fight too.

Q: For you personally, what's it like to be the 1st guard off the bench, you're starting to hit those 3's, perhaps maybe they're giving you too many open looks that you're going to drain them?
A: My teammates have got a lot of confidence in me and I can't hit the 3's if they don't give me the ball, so they find me in good position while I'm wide open and I just try to knock them down for them.

Q: You got the crowd on their feet again, off the inbounds, you had a nice reverse dunk...almost lost the ball it looked like but you got it.
A: Yeah, Luke made a great pass and I caught it... I really couldn't see the rim (smiles) so I tried to just jump as high as I could and tried to throw it in there so it was a great pass and a great call by the coach.

Q: You couldn't see the rim because you were too high above right?
A: (Laughing) No, actually I couldn't see while I was on the ground.
k4lakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:44 pm    Post subject:

Pau Gasol post-game interview: (My Spanish isn't good enough to even try to attempt to translate the questions in Spanish...)

Q: In the 1st qtr, the team couldn't miss and then somehow all that offense, the Jazz were right there in the end.
A: Yeah, it was a great start on our part, our energy was excellent, we were playing really well, making shots and coming up with defensive stops so it was a good start. We needed that start to get ourselves going and make sure we got a nice early lead to avoid trouble down the stretch but we still had to fight all the way down and really earn the game.

Q: As well as you were scoring, was it hard to believe that they were within 3 pts with a couple of minutes to go there?
A: Games that are at this level can go either way and obviously it was a bit surprising to see them that close but they have a good quality team and they played well, they fought all the way through. They never let up and we give them credit for that but I think we closed out pretty well. We came up with some big stops and big plays down the stretch. Nice win, we'll take it. We're 2-0, exactly where we want to be and now we move on to Utah where we know the difficulty of getting a victory in Salt Lake but it's a big challenge for our team to go there and prove ourselves. It's huge and I think we should be excited about it.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:50 pm    Post subject:

2 down 14 more to GO!!!!!!

LAKERS!!!!!!!!

aka ILLWiLL20

R.I.P PHIL
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 69, 70, 71  Next
Page 70 of 71
Jump to: