View previous topic :: View next topic  
matsuya
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 9:56 pm    Post subject:

lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
Kobe did catch Artest with a bow (I do think it was intentional), but I doubt he will get suspended. It was one of those bows that dudes throw all the time....but still dirty IMO. Artest was a dumb-ass to get himself tossed though....

All due respect, F your man. He has a habit of hanging on Kobe's back. My counter to Chuck is that you should hit a guy in the throat with your elbow for that.

Why the respect? Ron does hang on Kobe's back, (and I do think kobe's elbow was inadvertent)

Don't be a homer, that was an intentional elbow. It was intentional because Artest was being too physical down low.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject:

srm90 wrote:

So Fish deserves to be suspended, when Rondo grabs Kirk Hinrich and throws him into the scorer's table, and doesn't even get a flagrant 1? It's not a suspension, definitely a flagrant, not a suspension. And if they do suspend him, it's another chapter in the book of inconsistent decisions regarding suspensions by the NBA.

He'll be suspended all rite, with that reject actually in the crowd and all the pissing and moaning that is already starting to follow by the media. NO ONE likes it if we do this stuff. If the same things happened to us, we'd be getting called soft right now.
Ko8e8ryant
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject:

LOL!

What did Artest just say?

He saw somebody die on the court?!

- Andy Warhol
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject:

srm90 wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
srm90 wrote:
Wow watching the Fisher play again.................. How in the world is that even close to a possible suspension? Half of it was acting by Scola and Scola cut Fishers head.

Dude, be straight up now. He turned around, looked at Scola coming, wound up and threw him a bow/upper body shot. The intention is clear as day. It wasn't a flop...he hit him so hard that HE cut his own head. IMO he was trying to send a message and he did. He didn't even hide it well....he looked and the dude and hit him.

So Fish deserves to be suspended, when Rondo grabs Kirk Hinrich and throws him into the scorer's table, and doesn't even get a flagrant 1? It's not a suspension, definitely a flagrant, not a suspension. And if they do suspend him, it's another chapter in the book of inconsistent decisions regarding suspensions by the NBA.

If your argument is that the league isn't consistent, then I completely agree. That doesn't change the fact that by the rules, Fish should be gone. He basically threw a bow and the intent was quite evident. I think it will hurt that Alston had an incident tonight...just because it will be harder for the league to not be consistent with two incidents happening on the same night. Now if they let them both go (Alston and Fish), then I might be able to see that. But I don't see how they can suspend Skip tonight and not Fisher. I hope that makes sense.

Edit: And man....Artest is talking about watching dudes die on the court? I wonder who had a rougher upbringing, him or TO....

Last edited by Dreamshake on Wed May 06, 2009 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Vercetti wrote:

Wow, what a shock. A Houston homer saying no.

LOL, his act is getting so (bleep) tired.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:01 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:

If your argument is that the league isn't consistent, then I completely agree. That doesn't change the fact that by the rules, Fish should be gone. He basically threw a bow and the intent was quite evident. I think it will hurt that Alston had an incident tonight...just because it will be harder for the league to not be consistent with two incidents happening on the same night. Now if they let them both go (Alston and Fish), then I might be able to see that. But I don't see how they can suspend Skip tonight and not Fisher. I hope that makes sense.

Deron Williams did the exact same thing to Bynum in the last series and didn't even get a flagrant foul.

Fisher got a flagrant 2 AND you want a suspenson.

Go back to clutch city. Oh wait, you would rather irritate here, my bad.
DzLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
srm90 wrote:

Edit: And man....Artest is talking about watching dudes die on the court? I wonder who had a rougher upbringing, him or TO....

That makes sense but you're missing a larger context. The point is, how can they justify suspending Fish and Alston if they haven't even given Rondo a Flagrant 1 yet. His incidents were all intentional too.
ishi331
Star Player
Star Player

LakerLanny wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:

Deron Williams did the exact same thing to Bynum in the last series and didn't even get a flagrant foul.

Word dude, just GTFO man. You KNOW we aren't gonna agree with you, we are fans of opposing teams in a playoff series. Come by during the season fine, but this is straight up trollin.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

props to Kobe, Gasol, Lamar, Fish, and Luke Walton tonight.

Kobe caught mad fire and just dismantled the rockets.

Gasol was back to being mister consistent.

Lamar was back to being a beast on the boards.

Fish with the enforcer attitude, laying Scola out was awesome, even though he'll be suspended for it.

And Luke Walton, even though he couldn't hit a 3, he was a big part of this win. His rotations on defense were great, and his d on Artest was great as well. if he can keep playing like this, we'll take both games in houston assuming even average games from kobe and gasol.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:08 pm    Post subject:

DzLaker wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
srm90 wrote:

That makes sense but you're missing a larger context. The point is, how can they justify suspending Fish and Alston if they haven't even given Rondo a Flagrant 1 yet. His incidents were all intentional too.

Dude, I am not disagreeing with you on that point. I believe I stated 2-3 times that the fact that another incident happened in the same night will make this decision tougher and more scrutinized.
pkflyers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:09 pm    Post subject:

zride wrote:
ReaListik wrote:
That's what 3 rings means to your team and having that championship leadership on your team does, Fish knew that a spark was needed to get the team over the hump and he sent the message at the cost of getting ejected.

QFT. Best post I've seen!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject:

ishi331 wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:

Word dude, just GTFO man. You KNOW we aren't gonna agree with you, we are fans of opposing teams in a playoff series. Come by during the season fine, but this is straight up trollin.

If you really think I'm trolling, then how about you just put me on ignore or avoid my posts and let me continue to discuss things with the folks on this board that I usually discuss ball with. Thanks......
speedfast
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject:

It was not a good thing that KOBE got high score but the other LAKERS got low scores.
I hope LAKERS can get game 3. If it can't, get game 4.
Anyway, get one of the games from game 3 and game 4 at least!
GO LAKERS
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:17 pm    Post subject:

cirehawk wrote:
srm90 wrote:
Wow watching the Fisher play again.................. How in the world is that even close to a possible suspension? Half of it was acting by Scola and Scola cut Fishers head.

Come on now. I'm a die hard fan, but Scola cut Fisher's head because Fisher body checked him. Don't get me wrong I love that he did it and sent a message. But it's gonna be close. I hope they don't suspend him, but if they do we can't argue too strongly.

I have to agree that pick on Scola was a bit stout. I didn't know Fish could throw a pick that hard. It struck me as a bit of retaliation for Scola trying to fling Odom to the floor at full gallop earlier. Physical game, it escalated, and Fish wasn't going to let it go further against his teammates. I hope he doesn't get suspended either, but if he does I hope Shannon and Ears are ready for the games of their lives.

Oh, and Bynum can show up anytime.

Last edited by TooMuchMajicBuss on Wed May 06, 2009 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
RandyPfund
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Any news if Bynum will play Game 3? Sorry but i did not see him play tonight
ViolaMB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:21 pm    Post subject:

It would be 10 times better to win the next game IMHO, hope they will be up for the task!
onepinoyboy8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:25 pm    Post subject:

heres the video of fisher knocking Scola down
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Was nice to see a glimpse of the second unit speed team there early in the 4th.
nomoreshaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:31 pm    Post subject: what was your favorite moment of the game?

what was your favorite moment of the game?
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:32 pm    Post subject:

The end with the final score of the Lakers winning.
jabberjaw
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:32 pm    Post subject:

the two brothers fighting.
Roger O. Thornhill
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:33 pm    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
The end with the final score of the Lakers winning.

Word baby.

But out of those choices I picked Artest, because I was laughing my ass off.
STiG909
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:53 pm    Post subject:

I liked how LO was in Scola's face all night. He really knows how to get under peoples skin.
ignardlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:00 pm    Post subject:

onepinoyboy8 wrote:
heres the video of fisher knocking Scola down

thanks, i was at the game and they didnt show the replay...he should be suspended IMO but i know the league will because they are clowns
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:04 pm    Post subject:

I love Derek's "what for" on Scola... with 17 votes in its got 52% of the votes so far...

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 131, 132, 133, 134  Next
Page 132 of 134
Jump to: