“You’ve got to play with pride and guts.” -LO
pkflyers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 8:54 am    Post subject:

Arizona wrote:
How about all of the above.

Big Game James wrote:
I'm Kwame Brown and every one of my posts seem to be moved. I find this perplexing because I've never had a post move before!

http://tinyurl.com/snxt
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
rak617
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 8:54 am    Post subject:

All of the above......but mainly due to Fisher, Phil, and Pau

They all got schooled by Rockets. They did not dominate in their positions.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 9:03 am    Post subject:

Phil... Why?

Because Phil was the one who allowed all those things to happen without stopping them or making adjustments. He kept Fish in the game, he didn't get mad at Pau for being soft and making him get in the post, he didn't run any plays for the bigs that would have got them more involved which led to Kobe having to jack up shots, and his decision making on the whole was poor, he didn't call timeouts well either.

I hardly ever cuss out Phil because i think he's the greatest coach ever, a legend and a nice guy, but he has coached some terrible games in this series.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 9:07 am    Post subject:

All of the above. There is no one reason for a loss like that.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
AJLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 9:13 am    Post subject:

I'll put it in this order.

1. Jackson decision making - don't need to say more anybody wathchin could see he was terrible.

2. Fish shooting and D. Fish was a one man wrecking crew out there and I didn't mean that in a good way.

3. Gasol toughness. He got pushed around offensively and defensively.

4. Kobe shot selection

5. Bynum softness and foul trouble. Bynum didn't play soft last night and wasn't in foul trouble. Don't know where you got that from.
AJLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 9:34 am    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
you cant call the roster over rated when the coach ELECTS/CHOOSES not to use one of the main horses that was a major part of the team's success. obviously, it's the coach, who's over rated. no team that features an aging vet who can no longer penetrate consistently, along with a pf who has an inconsistent inside game, should expect to be highly competitive for the championship.

it's interesting that mark jackson said he'd never choose the lakers again this season to win a series and now he's picking denver. he's not even a lakers fan but he's talking about their inconsistency. it's coming from the coach, not the players. some of his horses (fisher, sasha) have run out of gas, but bynum is just misused. farmar and brown are fresh and ready to go but not getting the run they need to be true assets to the team.

phil has a leash on most guys while he allows kobe to kill the teams execution with foolish 1 on 1 play & shots.

Great Post. I agree.
LA20
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 9:35 am    Post subject:

Phil need to call time out if we can't score after 5 possession to start the game and set up a damn play. Heck I will even go lower to like 3-4 possession.
XTC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 9:36 am    Post subject:

All of the above.
FredG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 9:37 am    Post subject:

In no particular order:

Laker shots weren't going in.

Rockets shots were going in.

Laker frontline played soft and seemed 1/2 a step slower to the ball than the Rockets.
Rick12322
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: Main reason for Game 6 loss

Wags_16 wrote:
I think most of the problems with this team start with Fisher.

Who decides who plays? That's why you're losing your poll.
SoCaLjAy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 9:47 am    Post subject:

To single out a player: Dfish. I cringed every time he put up a shot. I didn't expect much on D from him and he didn't even meet expectations.

Also, Pau was letting smaller less skilled players dominate him. There is no excuse for that. Why is this guy so scared of giving out fouls or being aggressive on D? I usually love his game because he makes up for his lack of D on O, but not last night.

I don't attribute the loss to Phil. This is the team we have and I almost feel like he is doing the best with what he has. The "not calling timeouts" statements are invalid to me. I believe his goal is to win a ring. If they are going to do that, at some point this team has to sack up and make a play; ie find some mental toughness. There is no reason to go down 17-1 to the Rockets; if the team is as good as they are hyped to be they should have figured out what to do sooner. They played with no brains or heart out there. That is just my opinion.
DimesnD
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 10:01 am    Post subject:

I don't attribute the loss to Phil. We have to give credit to where credit is due. The Rockets want to be there while the Lakers are indifferent. Can't fault Phil if his team would rather be somewhere else. Phil's probably wanting to be back on his farm about, now.

Nothing they did suggests that this team wants to move on.
Kobe2Clark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 11:02 am    Post subject: It's not about a lack of effort from the players. It's inflexible coaching and bad matchups

I see everyone bashing the Lakers for effort but I'm not seeing it. IMO, they're just not that much better collectively than Houston (even w/o Yao and Tracy) and the Rockets are way more physical.

The reason for the slow starts is the freakin' starting lineup. Fish and Andrew can't do ANYTHING and if Kobe and Pau don't get going immediately, they don't score. Every game they've won in the series was one where Kobe started off making his shots. To solve this, Fisher must be benched or at the very least, yanked really quick. Lamar should also start and check Scola. Pau cannot stay with him AT ALL...
plato
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 11:06 am    Post subject: No Bynum in the 4th is why we lost (and why this team is no different than last year)

Bynum's toughness and defense was supposed to be the difference on this year's team, but Phil is allergic to defense. Drew was playing very good defensive, rebounding well, and was a huge part of the unit that shrank the lead to two...and somehow, Phil leaves him on the bench for the rest of the game?

Gasol/Odom simply is NOT a chamionship frontcourt. Odom is a solid defender but Pau is a very weak defensive center. Instead of contest the shot, most of the time he stands with his hands straight up looking like he's getting a fiucking cavity check. In the playoffs games will come down to crunchtime. Without Bynum on the floor, we are NO different than last year. Fisher(or Farmar) at point and Pau at center in crunchtime WILL NOT WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP.

43 minutes for Pau when he's playing like a schoolgirl phillip? Bynum on the bench when he was actually defending/rebounding phillip????

Guys, this is a championship team with a coach that makes smart decisions. But with Phil...probably not.
Icy_wiz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 11:08 am    Post subject:

I disagree.
slippy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 11:11 am    Post subject:

Honestly, I haven't up my mind whether this squad is better or worse than last year's lineup. Last year, Sasha was the Machine, we have Vlad hitting midrange shots, and Fish wasn't in a 2 month long dryspell. In other words, the Lakers were dangerous with the outside shot, whereas with this squad, you honestly never know from game to game.

Having said that, this Laker's squad is facing a much tougher challenge in the playoffs this year. They faced Utah in the 1st round. If they get past the Rockets, they'll face a MUCH better Denver team than last season. And, of course, there's the issue with the Rockets having a shot to end the Lakers season Sunday.
thejet24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: It's not about a lack of effort from the players. It's inflexible coaching and bad matchups

Kobe2Lamar wrote:
I see everyone bashing the Lakers for effort but I'm not seeing it. IMO, they're just not that much better collectively than Houston (even w/o Yao and Tracy) and the Rockets are way more physical.

The reason for the slow starts is the freakin' starting lineup. Fish and Andrew can't do ANYTHING and if Kobe and Pau don't get going immediately, they don't score. Every game they've won in the series was one where Kobe started off making his shots. To solve this, Fisher must be benched or at the very least, yanked really quick. Lamar should also start and check Scola. Pau cannot stay with him AT ALL...

+1...Lakers go as far as Kobe goes...Kobe starts hitting his early shots...pressure off the rest of the guys because they know Kobe will make the key shots...then thats when they start hitting, defending and start playing like the team we want to see...Rockets have the defenders that can stop kobe from getting off to good starts 50% of the time (3-3 series)...but Kobe is too good to have that happen in a game 7...so thats why I think this game will be a about a 10 point Lakers victory at the very least...

The rest of the teams left dont have anyone remotely close to what Battier does on Kobe...which is why I see the Lakers playing much better as the playoffs move on...assuming they come out and play on Sunday...bc if they dont...heads will roll...
lil Pau Wow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 11:18 am    Post subject:

Bwhahahahahaha. Bynum tough? Puuuuhlease. Drew is softer than wet dookie.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: It's not about a lack of effort from the players. It's inflexible coaching and bad matchups

Kobe2Lamar wrote:
Lamar should also start and check Scola. Pau cannot stay with him AT ALL...

Neither can Lamar. So I don't what you mean by "check" Scola. He has been getting beat just as badly as Pau when he's matched up with Scola. The only player I can see stopping Scola in the post is Mbenga.
Los_Lakers_1218
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 3:46 pm    Post subject: So is the league going to admit some bad calls?

Im not going to put the bad calls for the blame on yesterday's lost but I am wondering if the NBA is going to call an apology for the T on Kobe and Farmar's "foul" on Brooks during the closing seconds of the 2nd
tenike1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 4:46 pm    Post subject:

This should come as no surprise to anybody.

The rockets have been reduced to a team with a skill level of say... the bobcats? Oh, those bobcats who have nobodies but school the Lakers every time? So much for not playing the bobcats in the Playoffs. Only in the NBA.

Anyway, the Lakers are not going to respect denver either. I predicted that the Lakers would sleepwalk through the Playoffs, and so far I have been right. When the Finals come and there is actually someone on the floor Kobe has to guard, I expect attitudes to change. So I do pray the Lakers are able to avoid any booby traps while they walk in their slumber.

"Experience is the best teacher of them all." - Lamar Odom (after Game 6 @ DEN, 2009 WCF)

I am an irrational and pathetic poster.
Psychobroker41
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject:

lil Pau Wow wrote:
The regular season is different than the playoffs. Just ask the Allas Mavericks. This group of softies aint built for the playoffs. The roster is overrated. Its that simple. No heart and no mental toughness.

Empty conjecture because you refuse to look at what Lakerboy is pointing out.

Putting Bynum on P&R duties COMPLETELY plays against his abilities and takes him OUT of the play and away from the key. The fact that he wad able to pull down 4 offensive boards in 19 minutes is a testament to him working his way back into the play, but not soon enough to have handled the rock in the post.

Phil is an IDIOT for keeping him on P&R duties anywhere higher than the elbows.
Psychobroker41
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 5:31 pm    Post subject:

... then again (lil Pau Wow), you probably have no idea how to even BE effective with a P&R.. do you know what P&R even stands for?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 142, 143, 144  Next
Page 143 of 144
Jump to: