the wave at staples!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LG Neighborhood Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rchanou
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject:

UCSB616 wrote:
rchanou wrote:
I really don't see what's wrong with the wave. How is that classless?

I just thought Laker fans were better than that. It shows a lot of disinterest and takes away from the action on the court. Maybe they should start bringing in beach balls too. Section 303 or 304 was where it was started last night. There were a bunch of animals sitting over there. That was the area where a lot of the fights started.

How much action is there to see during a blowout? Beach balls are completely different than the wave. How much mental capacity does it take to do the wave?
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:20 am    Post subject:

rchanou wrote:
UCSB616 wrote:
rchanou wrote:

I just thought Laker fans were better than that. It shows a lot of disinterest and takes away from the action on the court. Maybe they should start bringing in beach balls too. Section 303 or 304 was where it was started last night. There were a bunch of animals sitting over there. That was the area where a lot of the fights started.

How much action is there to see during a blowout? Beach balls are completely different than the wave. How much mental capacity does it take to do the wave?

I guess some people prefer the fans to be on their cell phones.... shissshhh!!! Great crowd last night! Do the waive again next round!!
rchanou
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:22 am    Post subject:

Classless = Mark Cuban and Dallas Fans
Classless = Cav players' antics
Classless = Kevin Garnett yapping
Trey
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:22 am    Post subject:

I pray they can do the wave in Garnetts face.... force him to stay in the middle of the court all alone while the whole Staples Center does the wave around him
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:31 am    Post subject:

the wave is cool. I'm down with Lakers fans..

not sure about dodgers fans though.. every time I go to dodger stadium there are fights.. maybe its cuz I sit in the pavilion.. and people are dumb enough to wear Giants hats in the pavilion
Bballguru5000
Star Player
Star Player

Location: Born and Raised in Los Angeles, now living in Manhattan, NY.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:52 am    Post subject:

Since there's nothing to complain about with how the team played last night, why not start complaining about the wave?
JustSomeJoe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:56 am    Post subject:

I hope to hell we see a lot more waves.
rak617
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:58 am    Post subject:

I liked the wave. It was good to see some energy in the crowd (as houston game got boring in 4th quarter).

There is always a section of people who complain.....don't listen to them. Just do what you like.

Go lakers......Go wave.
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:04 am    Post subject:

JustSomeJoe wrote:
I hope to hell we see a lot more waves.

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
Mike Smrek Wes Matthews
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:06 am    Post subject:

It was GREAT. Even fans courtside were doing it! And the bench loved it!!And for those in regards to the tacos chants...

ITS NOT ABOUT THE TACOS. Its the new game is in the fridge!! Do you think most people actually go to Jack in the B fish after the games to get the tacos? NO, it means we are getting a W and playing good D along the way.

PLUS it is pretty demoralizing to the other team.

And I sit in the lower bowl, and we are plenty loud. Look up a JA Adande article after game 6 of the finals last year, and he even brings up my section how we were going nuts and how the players acknowledged it. I started in the 300's and its great up there also. LA appreciates good ball, thats the main thing. If we are turning it over, not hustling, there is no reason to cheer.
Roger O. Thornhill
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:11 am    Post subject:

spideysense wrote:
damn, fans were just having fun. Leave them alone

This.
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:13 am    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty wrote:
TooCool wrote:
#1 - Chanting for tacos in a playoff game.

You do realize that they put up a graphic on the big monitor that prompts them to chant that, right?

pwned
dEDGE
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:36 am    Post subject:

Every blog out there in Lakersland has mentioned something about the wave. I can guarantee you one thing. You've all just made this a fixture at all future home playoff games. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.......
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Vishnu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:43 am    Post subject:

dEDGE wrote:
Every blog out there in Lakersland has mentioned something about the wave. I can guarantee you one thing. You've all just made this a fixture at all future home playoff games. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.......

Well, if we're going to do it, I just hope we do it when we're up by a lot. Chanting "Defense", "Let's go Lakers", "MVP" etc. should take precedence over the wave in tight games imo.
FarmartoAfflalo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:56 am    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
the wave is cool. I'm down with Lakers fans..

not sure about dodgers fans though.. every time I go to dodger stadium there are fights.. maybe its cuz I sit in the pavilion.. and people are dumb enough to wear Giants hats in the pavilion

Yeah, because wearing a hat of another team justifies a cholo to throw a punch at you. I'm a die-hard Dodger fan and I've sat in the Pavilion at least 20 or 30 times, but some of you need to step back and realize you don't need to throw a punch or shoot someone over 10 guys running up and down a court or hitting a ball over a wall.

I don't know why Laker fans keep chanting for tacos or doing the wave. I also am the type who hates beach balls. Basically, I am going to watch the game - so quit throwing a beach ball or trying to get me to do a wave.

And I hate the jints as much as anyone.
drzucchini
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject:

Vishnu wrote:
I agree. Don't do the wave at a basketball game.

I disagree. Don't do the wave ever.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 11:07 am    Post subject:

I went to Staples Center during last year's finals when the Lakers were in Boston. There were maybe 5000 people there and they did the wave. If you think it's bad with a packed arena, just imagine it with 5 empty seats around every person doing it. Lame.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 11:29 am    Post subject:

that was kind of embarrassing.
Richcbt
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 11:46 am    Post subject:

dEDGE wrote:

What I find annoying about this whole conversation is the notion that this is somehow the first time the wave has been done at Staples. It's been a while, possibly going back to the Threepeat years, but I do remember many a wave rolling through Staples back in those days.

Oh, and I've attended nearly every Laker playoff game over the last 25 years, and the wave happened at the Forum as well. So now it's controversial?

Rich
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject:

UCSB616 wrote:
rchanou wrote:

No, you're just to senstive.
MFF0RD8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 1:22 pm    Post subject:

last night's wave was incredible! i had goosebumps as it was getting going and gaining enthusiasm and momentum

to see the people in the lower bowl getting into it was awesome - they are usually so reserved "down there"

it was not a casual wave out of boredom at all, it was a euphoric, jubilant, delirious wave of relief that the lakers team we have been cheering for all year are still there and were firing on all cylinders

the fact that it was happening DURING the game must have been humiliating for Houston. i am proud of us as LA fans today.

"I don't know if we'd won this game without these fans. Thank you!" - Phil Jackson after Game 7 of the 2010 NBA Finals, 6/17/10
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Jacko
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 1:33 pm    Post subject:

Wizards fans were doing the waves before their season ended,

i guess our fans got it from them or somewhere else.
spideysense
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 1:36 pm    Post subject:

Bballguru5000 wrote:
Since there's nothing to complain about with how the team played last night, why not start complaining about the wave?

Our crowd doesnt have the killer instinct, the crowd should be doing 48 minutes of consistent waves
Mike Smrek Wes Matthews
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 1:54 pm    Post subject:

spideysense wrote:
Bballguru5000 wrote:

Our crowd doesnt have the killer instinct, the crowd should be doing 48 minutes of consistent waves

Im sorry everyone for letting you all down. I sat down at one point in the 2nd quarter and even broke the seal in the 3rd. Ill work on the killer instinct!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LG Neighborhood All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: