Is Kobe passing the torch to Lebron? (P.44 - West Clarifies his Comments)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:07 pm    Post subject: Is Kobe passing the torch to Lebron? (P.44 - West Clarifies his Comments)

He was just on ESPN with Stuart Scott and Magic and made a pretty bold statement, saying that the Lakers offensive juggernaut is in full force and if Cleveland is watching, they should be scared.

Magic said that Kobe and LeBron are probably watching each other to see whether each respective team is sweeping so that they don't extend their series' if they are ultimately on a collision course to meet in the Finals.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Jon Barry - "Cleveland should be scared of the Lakers"

GTL wrote:
He was just on ESPN with Stuart Scott and Magic and made a pretty bold statement, saying that the Lakers offensive juggernaut is in full force and if Cleveland is watching, they should be scared.

Magic said that Kobe and LeBron are probably watching each other to see whether each respective team is sweeping so that they don't extend their series' if they are ultimately on a collision course to meet in the Finals.

Kobe could care less what Lebron is doing good grief Magic, we don't all hyperventilate over everything your boy Lebron does. The Lakers need to take care of the Lakers, that's it.
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:11 pm    Post subject:

More fuel to the fire.

For the refs.

I smell upset.
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Jon Barry - "Cleveland should be scared of the Lakers"

82410 wrote:
GTL wrote:

Kobe could care less what Lebron is doing good grief Magic, we don't all hyperventilate over everything your boy Lebron does. The Lakers need to take care of the Lakers, that's it.

To be honest, I sort of felt the same way. But he went on to say that he would watch all Celtics playoff games to see how they were doing to motivate his team to do better.
Stylistic Stylez
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject:

dude, i'm so sick of Earvin. He needs to move to Cleveland and plead for part ownership of the Cavs that he really wants.

Why can't America realize that falling in love with Kobe doesn't mean breaking up with Michael
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

Last edited by JUST-MING on Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:24 am; edited 2 times in total
ecksor
Star Player
Star Player

Well Magic said that he was pretty sure the Lakers were watching the Cavs because he (Magic) used to always watch the Celtics and Larry Bird play because they knew that they would meet in the finals. If the Celtics swept, then the Lakers had to. Just so the Celtics didn't have a mental edge thinking they were better.

Who is my avatar? Kharunisia
mandywwm
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:14 pm    Post subject:

we should be the one who are scared,LOL,cause we all know that they can be a six men or even eight men team
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject:

oh yes they are all witnesses, we know.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
tenike1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:18 pm    Post subject:

2007 NBA Finals help me keep hope.

"Experience is the best teacher of them all." - Lamar Odom (after Game 6 @ DEN, 2009 WCF)

I am an irrational and pathetic poster.
LakeShowMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:18 pm    Post subject:

Why are some of you disagreeing with Magic? I am quite sure the Lakers noted what the Cavs did yesterday and made sure they sent a message today.

Laker 'fans' that talk crap about Magic Johnson (the greatest player in the history of the franchise) are suspect. If it wasn't for Magic and West, the Lakers wouldn't be the LAKERS. Have some respect.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:20 pm    Post subject:

LakeShowMan wrote:
Why are some of you disagreeing with Magic? I am quite sure the Lakers noted what the Cavs did yesterday and made sure they sent a message today.

Laker 'fans' that talk crap about Magic Johnson (the greatest player in the history of the franchise) are suspect. If it wasn't for Magic and West, the Lakers wouldn't be the LAKERS. Have some respect.

You think what the Lakers did today was "send a message to Cleveland?" Are you kidding me?
Jeffs
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:21 pm    Post subject:

LakeShowMan wrote:

No one here ever says anything negative about Magic the player. Everyone loved Magic the player.

However, some feel that Magic the analyst is overly critical of the Lakers (Kobe specifically) at times, and an outright buffoon at others. These people, like Magic, are entitled to their opinion.

I feel like I just watched someone TRULY give 100%. Not the BS I'm-gonna-give-a-110%-just-like-everyone-else-says platitudes, but someone that went until he just....broke. - GT
TNLakersFanInLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
The Refs are "Witnesses". .

lol
Monta Ellis: "Kobe is #1, I'm #2, LeBron is #3."
Tanlentueux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Jon Barry - "Cleveland should be scared of the Lakers"

82410 wrote:
GTL wrote:

word!
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject:

They captains on this team and the coaching staff know that if they don't stay focused on the task at hand which is beating Utah, that they will lose. If they're focused on sending a message to Cleveland like they're playing chess or something, then they're going to lose because they're not totally focused on beating the Jazz.

Get out of the Western Conference first and then worry about who comes out of the East.
tripleocho
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject:

i notice when magic talks about kobe/lebron he loves to use his analogy with bird/magic. and when talking about the best he always talks about passing the torch, like how he did when he passed it to jordan. iono, he just likes talking about himself too much as a reference or an analogy. top 3-5 greatest player of all time, but can't stand watching him talk on tv. it's kinda annoying.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:37 pm    Post subject:

ecksor wrote:
Well Magic said that he was pretty sure the Lakers were watching the Cavs because he (Magic) used to always watch the Celtics and Larry Bird play because they knew that they would meet in the finals. If the Celtics swept, then the Lakers had to. Just so the Celtics didn't have a mental edge thinking they were better.

Not only that, but all these guys are competitors and fans of basketball. They want to see the other games and then one up each other. When Kobe scored 61 in NYC, didn't that give Lebron more incentive to do something spectacular in NYC as well?

I see nothing wrong with all this and the competitiveness it brings out in everyone.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Lakers 71-72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Cooper on the KABC Sportszone said John Barry was living off of his father's greatness. Coop seemed overtly irked at John. Can't blame him.
Kobe#1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:42 pm    Post subject:

We should all be scared of Jon Barry's forehead.
iWishiWasJerryBuss
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject:

John Barry = crap (as a player, analyst, commentator, and life in general)

Magic = verbal diarrhea; never seen him give an apposite answer to a question
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject:

Man, the Magic hate is intense here.

Magic said BOTH teams should be watching each other and people turn it into Magic slurping Lebron.

And there is a chance they are watching each other because they're by far the two best teams in the league and there is a HIGH probability they'll be seeing each other down the line. Now, I'm sure no one from either team would admit watching each other closely, but that doesn't mean it's not a possibility. Just like Magic wouldn't have admitted in 1985 he was keeping a close eye on the Celtics to make sure he had his game right. There's no reason to be so upset about this.
Shalashaska
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:51 pm    Post subject:

KBH wrote:
Man, the Magic hate is intense here.

Magic said BOTH teams should be watching each other and people turn it into Magic slurping Lebron.

Basically.

The anti-Magic sentiment is hilarious. People need to stop over-analyzing and reading between the lines of every single thing the man says.
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Why do some people have such resentment for Magic? I honestly didn't post this thread an attemp to bash him. What did he say that was wrong? He knows Kobe is a competative guy and how do we know he isn't paying attention to the other playoff series'? Come on, some of you make it seem like by him looking at a simple box score its going to veer him away from the current series against Utah. If we pay attention to the other games, what makes you think Kobe, the obsessed basketball superstar and guy whose playing the game, isn't paying attention either?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:56 pm    Post subject:

I think the lakers are trying to win every playoff game, and whether Cleveland won or lost has no bearing on that.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Page 1 of 61
Jump to: