Banzai
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject:

dnvernugfanInLA wrote:
CHRISTYLE70@HOTMAIL.COM wrote:
dnvernugfanInLA wrote:
TobiasBeecher wrote:
Melo does not play well against the Lakers, and I'm not too sure why. The Rockets' duo of Battier and Artest were the best defenders left against Kobe....who in the hell on Denver is gonna guard him? Melo? Yeah, right. Jones? Please! Kenyon Martin? only if he wants two fouls in two minutes. JR Smith? Hahaha. That Rocket series toughened the Lakers up, I believe. Here's to Tuesday!

No one could really stop Kobe but we can at least contain him and make him shoot jumpshots all day rather than driving in with Chris Andersen and Nene in there to stop him! Melo hasnt been playing well for awhile until Billups came in and they just jelled and matured..The thing is, whose going to stop Billups? Fisher? NAH cant even stop Brooks Brown? Scrub Farmar? HAHA Ya Right no defense..and i believe that we have a much better bench compared to yours...your bench has the potential to be the best bench but they are very inconsistent....JR Smith will torch your bench

Theres NO one I mean NO one, on the denver Nuggets that can play 75% of the Defense that Shane Battier played in this series, Kobe is going to torch the Nuggets.

Kobe will get his points no matter what...all we need to do is stop your other players...and i read in one article that when kobe shoots more than 21 field goals, you guys have a losing record so that is a very good sign!
TobiasBeecher
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject:

I like how you say "all we need to do is stop your other players"...like that's the easiest thing in the world to do. The only real advantage that Denver has is at the PG position. Because of Billups size and strength, I don't think Farmar will get a lot of playing time this series unless the Nuggets back up point guard comes in.

This is still the Nuggets, though. One bad thing happens and they will self-destruct. They have yet to be tested this postseason....but they are gonna have one big Final Exam come Tuesday.
dnvernugfanInLA
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject:

lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
dnvernugfanInLA wrote:
lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
dnvernugfanInLA wrote:
TobiasBeecher wrote:
Melo does not play well against the Lakers, and I'm not too sure why. The Rockets' duo of Battier and Artest were the best defenders left against Kobe....who in the hell on Denver is gonna guard him? Melo? Yeah, right. Jones? Please! Kenyon Martin? only if he wants two fouls in two minutes. JR Smith? Hahaha. That Rocket series toughened the Lakers up, I believe. Here's to Tuesday!

No one could really stop Kobe but we can at least contain him and make him shoot jumpshots all day rather than driving in with Chris Andersen and Nene in there to stop him! Melo hasnt been playing well for awhile until Billups came in and they just jelled and matured..The thing is, whose going to stop Billups? Fisher? NAH cant even stop Brooks Brown? Scrub Farmar? HAHA Ya Right no defense..and i believe that we have a much better bench compared to yours...your bench has the potential to be the best bench but they are very inconsistent....JR Smith will torch your bench

Welcome Nuggets fan! Say, what's your screen name in the nuggets forum? Oh, you don't have much of a forum, that's why you felt like showing your trashy screen-face here? Good luck with the series and get some condiments ready for your crow!

Hey Ignorant Laker Fan! Do your research our main forum is "Nuggets Talk" forum....im just over here to show how i feel about you guys....but exactly what i expected rude and stupid fans in this forum like you!

Yep, and having done a traffic analysis of Nuggets Talk, i do know where you getting your (lack of) traffic from..

still don't wanna share your screen name [ at ] Nuggets Talk? Exactly as i thought! what's that bird that can't fly much but tastes good as a nugget? !!!

im actually here to talk about basketball and not about who has more fans and stupid websites
kemi4kobes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject:

imo Denver will try to not double - we have to be ready for that.
"I wish I could draw a picture of the look on their faces..... For a time, it was like he was on the court by himself. It's like God put Kobe here for us to watch him play basketball." - LO On KB8's Performance Against the Clips 07/01/06
LALdynasty!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject:

Looking forward to a great series!

Hopefully Bynum and Pau can keep up the intensity and defensive energy they showed today throughout the rest of the playoffs.

Kobe is Kobe.

We win.
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:20 pm    Post subject:

dnvernugfanInLA wrote:
lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
dnvernugfanInLA wrote:
lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
dnvernugfanInLA wrote:
TobiasBeecher wrote:

Welcome Nuggets fan! Say, what's your screen name in the nuggets forum? Oh, you don't have much of a forum, that's why you felt like showing your trashy screen-face here? Good luck with the series and get some condiments ready for your crow!

Hey Ignorant Laker Fan! Do your research our main forum is "Nuggets Talk" forum....im just over here to show how i feel about you guys....but exactly what i expected rude and stupid fans in this forum like you!

Yep, and having done a traffic analysis of Nuggets Talk, i do know where you getting your (lack of) traffic from..

still don't wanna share your screen name @ Nuggets Talk? Exactly as i thought! what's that bird that can't fly much but tastes good as a nugget? !!!

im actually here to talk about basketball and not about who has more fans and stupid websites

good, glad we set that straight! Welcome again!! Bring on your analysis/basketball talk but stay on point!. Why don't you do this over at Nuggets Talk as well?

Let me start:

+ Phil vs Karl: while i give major props to Adelman in the houston series, i'm not sure Karl's yet been tested with adjustments this postseason.

+ Lakers home court advantage: that's going to be tough for denver

+ Two teams with suspect defense: If its an offensive series, i'm sure the Lakers win

+ Finally, Kobe! Nuff said!

Your turn!
dnvernugfanInLA
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:32 pm    Post subject:

lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
dnvernugfanInLA wrote:
lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
dnvernugfanInLA wrote:
lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
dnvernugfanInLA wrote:
TobiasBeecher wrote:

still don't wanna share your screen name @ Nuggets Talk? Exactly as i thought! what's that bird that can't fly much but tastes good as a nugget? !!!

good, glad we set that straight! Welcome again!! Bring on your analysis/basketball talk but stay on point!. Why don't you do this over at Nuggets Talk as well?

Let me start:

+ Phil vs Karl: while i give major props to Adelman in the houston series, i'm not sure Karl's yet been tested with adjustments this postseason.

+ Two teams with suspect defense: If its an offensive series, i'm sure the Lakers win

Your turn!

Ok lets debate! Cant do this at Nuggets forum because no laker fans to talk with
i believe the Nuggets will win this series becasuse

-Since getting Billups he pefectly fits in our nuggets system and it shows our sucess

-The Emerging Superstar of Carmelo Anthony...since getting Billups he has been rolling on all cylinders, he can pretty much score whenever he wants just like kobe

-Our bench has just been superior with the combination of Carter, Kleiza, Andersen and JR Smith are the most effective and best NBA bench right now. We have veteran play of Carter who plays point very well, Kleiza spreads out the floor with his shooting, Andersen can defend, rebound, and block with his energy off the bench, and lastly but certainly not least is JR Smith who should of been 6th of the year, who offensively is good as any bench player in the NBA and some starters
dnvernugfanInLA
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:36 pm    Post subject:

lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
dnvernugfanInLA wrote:
lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
dnvernugfanInLA wrote:
lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
dnvernugfanInLA wrote:
TobiasBeecher wrote:

still don't wanna share your screen name (@) Nuggets Talk? Exactly as i thought! what's that bird that can't fly much but tastes good as a nugget? !!!

Let me start:

Your turn!

Coach Karl has to be the most underrated coach in NBA...he can make adjustments just like any other coach

In the playoffs Nuggets has one of the best road records in the NBA

I believe our frontcourt defense is much better and offensively our bench will kills yours

Well kobe do everything on his own
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:36 pm    Post subject:

dnvernugfanInLA wrote:
TobiasBeecher wrote:

And so it begins, Thuggets fans start crawling on LG board!!! Shame on you!!!!
TobiasBeecher
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:37 pm    Post subject:

Regular season doesn't mean much, but Melo has never played well against L.A. He may have looked good against the likes of a Hornets team in dissaray and a Dallas team that had their 2nd leading scorer in and out of the line-up. I'm not saying Melo isn't a good player because he is...but the Lakers have the length and the defenders to give him problems. There is not one guy on Denver that will give Kobe Bryant problems, IMO.

Again, back to the Lakers size....if the Lakers use their size to their advantage, Denver is in big trouble. Having to guard two 7 footers and another one off the bench who is just about 7 feet over the span of a 7 game series is going to wear on you...I don't give a damn how offensively gifted your team may be.
huevonkiller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:38 pm    Post subject:

Lakers in five for me.

I think Denver has had better matchups in the playoffs as well, we'll do a bit better against them than Houston especially if we actually take Game 1 this time.
TobiasBeecher
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:40 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers play up to their level of competition....it's not something I especially like because I would prefer consistency but it is what it is. Today, the Lakers played like they cared...they destroyed Houston....a very good defensive team. I can only imagine what the Lakers will do against Denver's defense. I can already smell a technical and/or Flagrant foul coming from Kenyon Martin in Game 1 or Game 2.
Lakers For Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject:

I want to see those reruns of the Lakers Nuggets 1985 WCF highlights.

Never seen any.
tenike1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:52 pm    Post subject:

3 analysts pick the nuggets to win on espn's page.

Not enough. Need more underdoggity goodness.

"Experience is the best teacher of them all." - Lamar Odom (after Game 6 @ DEN, 2009 WCF)

I am an irrational and pathetic poster.
Brandon98
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:56 pm    Post subject:

dnvernugfanInLA wrote:
lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
dnvernugfanInLA wrote:
lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
dnvernugfanInLA wrote:
lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
dnvernugfanInLA wrote:
TobiasBeecher wrote:

still don't wanna share your screen name AT Nuggets Talk? Exactly as i thought! what's that bird that can't fly much but tastes good as a nugget? !!!

Let me start:

Your turn!

Coach Karl has to be the most underrated coach in NBA...he can make adjustments just like any other coach

In the playoffs Nuggets has one of the best road records in the NBA

I believe our frontcourt defense is much better and offensively our bench will kills yours

Well kobe do everything on his own

No offense. But we aren't a donut team like New Orleans or _allas.

This isn't going to be some jumpshooting contest like with the Bugs or Mavs.
Lakers For Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:59 pm    Post subject:

tenike1 wrote:
3 analysts pick the nuggets to win on espn's page.

Not enough. Need more underdoggity goodness.

Like Battier was saying in press conference of who to pick Lakers or Nuggets and said Nuggets havn't been tested yet with adversity.

Lakers are way better than Mavs or Hornets. Analyst have seen how easy it was for Nuggets and assume it'll be the same with the Lakers.

I honestly feel Lakers can sweep Nuggets, 5 games at the most.

Lakers win game 1,2,4 and 5.
Brandon98
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:02 pm    Post subject:

Not to say this will be an easy series, but no one can really judge how good Denver is. New Orleans and Dallas are both very weak teams. Didn't anyone really expect Denver to lose to those teams anyways?

Houston would've done the same to both of those teams. Same with us.

This should be judged on matchups, not who's beating who in prior series.
tenike1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:07 pm    Post subject:

No adversity. No homecourt. Weak ass teams. Hmm. I wonder what happens when you run into a situation like this.

"Experience is the best teacher of them all." - Lamar Odom (after Game 6 @ DEN, 2009 WCF)

Shalashaska
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:20 pm    Post subject:

Lakers in 6. Wouldn't be surprised if it was 5 though.

Our victories in this series basically made it clear - when this team comes out determined and gets production from Pau and Drew, no one can stop them.

As for the media, I hope they all continue to pick against us.
tenike1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject:

Shalashaska wrote:
Lakers in 6. Wouldn't be surprised if it was 5 though.

Our victories in this series basically made it clear - when this team comes out determined and gets production from Pau and Drew, no one can stop them.

As for the media, I hope they all continue to pick against us.

Every analyst is going to pick the cavs going into the Finals. It will be beautiful to see.

kobe24fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:27 pm    Post subject:

GO LAKERS!!
tenike1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:41 pm    Post subject:

This year reminds me so much of last season.

If the cavaliers make the Finals, they will probably look like studs. No adversity or worthy opponents. Every analyst is going to favor them. Even though things look good going in, they know the Lakers are the team they do not want to face.

Complete reversal of last season.

I'm not convinced the cavaliers have what it takes. A bunch of jump shooters with no Finals experience. Even though boston is "depleted," they have big men who will bang and guys who will get their hands dirty. Give me the cavaliers any day of the week.

jordanplusone
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject:

Shut down Billups, you shut down the team
lakergal
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 6:06 pm    Post subject:

dnvernugfanInLA wrote:
hig wrote:
It's about the matchups....

I think the Lakers will beat Denver in 5...maybe 6.

hmm looking at the matchups...were basically even
Billups > Fisher
D. Jones < Kobe
Carmelo > Ariza
Martin < Gasol
Nene = Bynum

and i also believe our bench is more better than yours since your bench is very inconsistent!

Odd but convenient match-ups really..and the mere greater than less than indication of the starting five just doesn't tell the story.

Ill start by saying the Nuggets are a decent team. It would behoove all of us as well as the Players to not look past them for even a quarter, that being said this is why I think the Lakers win..

1)Home court Advantage
2)Billups may be better than Fisher but the Lakers have a nice committee of others to harass Billups unlike what he has faced thus far in the playoffs.The committee of Fisher, Sasha, Brown, and Farmar can handle him. Carter doesn't provide anywhere the value of those guards combined.

3)yes Kobe is greater than Jones but he is soo much better than Jones that he bumps, in my opinion Nene and Bynums equal status to give us the advantage in the starters match-ups.

4)Marshmello is better than Ariza, but again a committee of Ariza, Luke, Powell, should be able to keep him in check.. Definitely a much better defensive crew to throw at your main scorer than what Denver has to throw at our main scorer. Not to mention, if he does get going Kobe will take him on and neutralize him..Then who scores for you?

5)Gasol way better than Martin...but yes you have Birdman to come in and help to neutralize that particular strength. even with that Gasol better.

6)Nene=Bynum seems about right

7)I noticed you conveniently forgot about Lamar Odom and if you believe JR Smith to be better than Odom I can only say you suffer from fanaticism.

The inconsistency in our bench is troublesome but it lies in that our bench is capable of playing like many teams starters sometimes and like typical bench players other times.. Your bench is consistent-- consistently mediocre. Ill even give you our benches are equal for the sake of argument we still come out ahead. The only team that beats this Lakers team is the Lakers themselves. I dont think they will make the same mistake of looking past a game in this series and if they do..they will reap the results and you might get a win or two.
lakergal
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 6:17 pm    Post subject:

Thinking out loud about this WCF and trying to justify my confidence.

I think our main struggle with the Rockets was we respected them too much. They are likable guys and a likable team who fought through loads of adversity. We as fans and the players themselves had a hard time pulling up that killer instinct because of it..

The Nuggets are about the farthest thing from being a bunch of nice guys you can find. I don't think we fans and players will have to leap that "attitude check" hurdle.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 152, 153, 154  Next
Page 3 of 154
Jump to: