LeBron or Amare?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

King James, STUDamire, Big Ticket, or Yao?
LeBron James
30%
 30%  [ 42 ]
Amare Stoudamire
48%
 48%  [ 67 ]
Kevin Garnett
19%
 19%  [ 27 ]
Yao Ming
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 138

circusmonkey
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:43 am    Post subject: LeBron or Amare?

Let's dream a little...Whom would you like to see the Lakers acquire in 2007/08?
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:00 am    Post subject:

Defenitely Amare, but if it's between all those players you can't overlook KG.

1- KG
2- Amare
3- James
4- Yao
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:03 am    Post subject:

S.T.A.T.
Wow an overwhelming response, i guess everyone here knows what really win championships.
bambam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:32 am    Post subject:

Give me amare
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:35 am    Post subject:

Amare is already the best center in the league (and he's not even a center). KG is getting up there in age, so I'd have to pass on him but just by a hair.
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:35 am    Post subject:

I think KG would fit in just fine. He is also one of the few players in the league Kobe respects. KG would understand its Kobes team also.
dwonderful
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject:

gimme lebron.
WestCCa
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:57 am    Post subject:

Lebron James. Amare is not the same player without Steve Nash setting him up. Still good but not great.

James would be an ideal triangle "initiator" to play alongside Kobe.
msb212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:58 am    Post subject:

I voted LeBron, conditioned upon my belief that by 08 Bynum will be legit. If not, then 100% Amare.
lakerboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:01 pm    Post subject:

of course amare, kg is too old.
bambam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:02 pm    Post subject:

WestCCa wrote:
Lebron James. Amare is not the same player without Steve Nash setting him up. Still good but not great.

amare went right at duncan 1 on 1 countless times by himself and destroyed him in the WCF's. No one has ever tore up duncan like that.

Aside from shaq, Amare is the most dominate low post scorer in the game right now with or without nash.
PassiontoWin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:04 pm    Post subject:

I would take Amare.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject:

bambam wrote:
WestCCa wrote:

amare went right at duncan 1 on 1 countless times by himself and destroyed him in the WCF's. No one has ever tore up duncan like that.

Aside from shaq, Amare is the most dominate low post scorer in the game right now with or without nash.

Exactly.

Initiating the Triangle offense is overrated. Luke Walton can be the starting 3 man and initiate the offense in the halfcourt, so long as they have Bynum and Amare inside.

Bryant and Amare would be one of the sickest combo's in league history.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
WestCCa
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:11 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
bambam wrote:
WestCCa wrote:

Exactly.

Initiating the Triangle offense is overrated. Luke Walton can be the starting 3 man and initiate the offense in the halfcourt, so long as they have Bynum and Amare inside.

Amare has the talent without question. But when Nash missed time last season with injury Phoenix fell apart, and Amare wasn't as dominant.

Amare is also not a dominant post player. He's a great pick and roll player, but as far as post moves he has a ways to develop.
B_Rabbit1212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:14 pm    Post subject:

Close but Amare? Absolutely dominating.

One concern though: without the 3pt threats in Q-rich and JJ on the wing for Phx, teams will be able to collapse more on Amare without the same risks. Granted Nash and Marion are strong options, but it was JJ and Q-rich that really spread the floor for the Suns this year. If Amare can handle the extra defensive pressure that I expect he will face this year, there is no doubt he is top 2 bigman in the game.
DarthRekal
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:16 pm    Post subject:

King James please...and with Lebron WHO NEEDS THE TRIANGLE?

it truly would be SHOWTIME 2!
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:20 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Amare has the talent without question. But when Nash missed time last season with injury Phoenix fell apart, and Amare wasn't as dominant.

Amare is also not a dominant post player. He's a great pick and roll player, but as far as post moves he has a ways to develop

This is what people tend to think. It's all Nash. Fact is, Amare is one of the hardest workers in the league.

Do you know that he's developping a jumpshot that's from 15' - 18'? He wants to be the most complete bigman ever and i think he has a shot at doing that.

Nash helps Amare but you don't think Kobe - who's one of the most elite penetrators in the league - won't draw even more attention than Nash and then just dish out to Amare for an easy dunk?

Amare ane Kobe would be one hell of a tag team. I think considering Amare's work ethic he would even fit in better with the Triangle because he would be open to having a more jumpshooting/finnesse type of game than Shaq ever was.
bambam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:22 pm    Post subject:

WestCCa wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
bambam wrote:
WestCCa wrote:

Exactly.

Amare is also not a dominant post player. He's a great pick and roll player, but as far as post moves he has a ways to develop.

amare had a bad game or 2.
Nash missed several other games later in the season and amare played some of his best basketball of the season.

Amare has more to develop? of COURSE.. thats what makes him so unique.
His post game isnt developed and once it is watch out.

Hes added a 15-20 ft jumper just wait till he compiles an array of post moves.

Nash and everyone on the team litterally stood at the 3 pt line and WATCHED amare go around duncan like his feet were nailed to the floor. On the block he jumped over and through duncan like he wasnt even there.

How many 40 point games did he have on him? Did you see that 20+/- (not sure the total just remember it being huge) point 4th qtr?
Granted, Nash gets amare a few easy buckets on the break but nash has nothing to do with amare owning people in the paint.
bambam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:24 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Quote:

Amare is also not a dominant post player. He's a great pick and roll player, but as far as post moves he has a ways to develop

This is what people tend to think. It's all Nash. Fact is, Amare is one of the hardest workers in the league.

Do you know that he's developping a jumpshot that's from 15' - 18'? He wants to be the most complete bigman ever and i think he has a shot at doing that.

Nash helps Amare but you don't think Kobe - who's one of the most elite penetrators in the league - won't draw even more attention than Nash and then just dish out to Amare for an easy dunk?

Amare ane Kobe would be one hell of a tag team. I think considering Amare's work ethic he would even fit in better with the Triangle because he would be open to having a more jumpshooting/finnesse type of game than Shaq ever was.

"hes a great pick and roll player"

Yeah, can you imagine a kobe and amare pick and roll?

I think kobe and amare have tons more potential than Kobe/Lebron.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:26 pm    Post subject:

What's ironic is that Phil states in his book that he was dissapointed that Shaq and Kobe didn't have that pick/roll or other 2 man games down pat like other combos did.

I know Phil would more than welcome a pick and roll 2 man game once the Triangle is set up. Infact i saw Kobe use both Shaq and Malone alot with that play in the 2003-2004 season.

But that's just it. Amare is like a young Kobe. He's so eager and willing to absorb everything like a sponge that i know he will greatly improve as the years go on.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:45 pm    Post subject:

WestCCa wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
bambam wrote:
WestCCa wrote:

Exactly.

He's 22 years old!
Go take a look at K.G's numbers his first 3 years and looks at Amare. K>G stands no chance, and if i remember correctly his rookie year amare dropped 42 on K.G and he was 19. Another pipe dream to get him , but where the extension at i dont see it , with yao signing up that leave 07 all to amare as he will be the only legit big man out their, for every team to run after him.
hapn14
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:06 pm    Post subject:

Yao No Way. KG Not Likely. Lebron and Amare are Equal to me. But i have to put amare

Get Well Soon Ronny!!

LetsGo Pats!! (5-4)
Let Go Sox!!Stay Faitfull RSN Well have a nice offseason coming up!
Lets Go Lakers!! (4-4)Lac Going Down Tonight
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
Great One
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject:

Great Poll
kixter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject:

its a no contest.. Amare would look good in P&G... KG is a close second but Amare is much younger and seems to be more powerful that KG...

Lebron and Kobe in one team??? would work but i don't know...
cr8zy0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject:

I say Lebron. Him and Kobe could work the perimeter and drive the lane. With Bynum there to clean up the garbage. Also, Amare is good, but alot of his baskets are created by Nash (incase you don't see suns games). I think Lebron fits in much nicer to the team we should have by 2007.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: