***LAKERS -at- MAGIC 6/14 NBA Finals Game 5 Thread***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 109, 110, 111  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RealOne
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject:

I think Stern will try to help the Magic again on Sunday for the sake of ratings. Lakers will need to play through it and if possible blow them out.

Knowing Phil, Sasha will probably get another 1 or 2 min of playing time and needs to make the most of it.
Comrades
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:36 pm    Post subject:

now... we should be in the "WHATEVER IT TAKES" mode...

lets get that larry o'brian thing NOW!! no more extra games pleeeeezzee!

GO LAKERS!!!!
Vishnu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:36 pm    Post subject:

one more win guys

omg, just one more
Rsxtreme415
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject:

Cant Wait
ErictheCeltic
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:12 am    Post subject: 48 Hours of Pain in Orlando

My sister in law lives just outside beautiful Orlando so I get daily reports. "OMG Eric its horrible, people are so upset." The city's mood rivals the day Kennedy was assassinated (thoses of you old enough to remember.)

All the hyenas are lining up licking their chops for their share of the carcass. Shaq? yes he is sniffing the wind and smells fresh meat, the defeat of the man who took his name Superman. The Media is blasting SVG hour by hour from the Nelson decision, to not fouling, playing full court defense on the inbounds play (Fisher's second three, Shard not showing up for game 4, Alston vs SVG; Dwights choke job at the line (yes thats what they are calling it...CHOKE) and he is their hero!You get the point.

JVG is acting like someone died the way he is doing these games. Not one word of praise to the Lakers for coming back, not only to tie the game, but win it in ot. His only comments are advice to the Magic or just quiet and somber (but at least this is understandable)

Charles Barkley ("their asses are cooked"), Kenny Smith, John Barry on and on ripping the Magic to pieces on everything from heart to experience to WHAT IF?

Even Jim Rome wants his pound of flesh and the last of the entrails..... yum...yum.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=null&categoryid=2963048

Poor SVG he must feel like General Custer did at little Bighorn "Look at all these fkin Indians that want my scalp!" difference is, he isn't in enemy territory, he's at home.

Pao was asked about the somber mood. He stated "if we would have lost, we would had had to suffer these 48 hours." (words to that affect)

Through this storm of negativity stands the Magic players answering the same sad questions over and over and over from the Jameer topic to SVG coaching decisions to reliving the Courteny Lee miss, to how do you lose a five point lead with seconds to go AT HOME?

If the Magic players aren't insane by this Sunday, they will be with any mistakes they make on the court (like missed free throws). Another words ANYTHING stupid by the Magic will be magnified by a million to the Fans, and Media in O land. It will be "here we go again". Forget the usual Finals pressure. Lots of extra pressure on a inexperienced team.
Lakers in 5.

Last edited by ErictheCeltic on Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:24 am    Post subject:

The Lakers went through this exact same thing last year after Game 4.

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
pokoy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:25 am    Post subject:

^ And they still won game 5.

Fisher points to Indiana as their lesson. I think last year would be more relatable.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakersBooster
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:30 am    Post subject:

if they are that down, then Lakers should go strong and try to finish the job on Orlando.... Don´t let them regain momentum...
ErictheCeltic
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:32 am    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:

True. But the Lakers had Kobe & D-Fish to get them through game 5. Who do the Magic have? 23 year old Howard? or Hedo?
vedanta
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:34 am    Post subject:

Even though he´d have been equally blasted by the media if he had not used an all star like Jameer, I really think he has made a mistake by trying to leave his mark on the Finals. If something is working , don´t touch it. I suppose he wanted to show he´s not an "autopilot" kind of coach, like McMillan, for example. Wrong decission.
pokoy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:37 am    Post subject:

ErictheCeltic wrote:
pokoy wrote:

True. But the Lakers had Kobe & D-Fish to get them through game 5. Who do the Magic have? 23 year old Howard? or Hedo?

If the Lakers are trying to learn from history, then it doesn't matter who the Magic have that is comparable. The lesson is, the other team is just not going to roll over and play dead, and they should remember this because they didn't roll over and play dead.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:46 am    Post subject:

Interesting.

I've wondered if the NBA Finals mean as much to other cities without the kind of rich history as we enjoy here in L.A. To us, there is no other standard for our Lakers and it is reflected in everything about them from the constant demands we make on forums like these to the lack of division and conference banners absent from our rafters. For us, it just isn't enough to be respectable.

I'm glad the Magic fans are taking this harshly and I hope the Magic players and organization know how much they care. Certainly, our players and organization know how much we expect from them. Maybe that's one of the reasons why we always manage to get back to the top.
ErictheCeltic
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:52 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Interesting. I hope the Magic players and organization know how much they care.

Oh I think that's a safe assumption. Magic fans are taking the game 4 defeat very badly.

http://orlandomagiczone.com/ev...11003982/m/978103882
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:52 am    Post subject:

Thanks for sharing, Eric. It's weirdly comforting to know that someone else is going through what we had to go through last year. But that's how you learn and gain EXPERIENCE (I'm talking to you, SVG).
pokoy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:55 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

Thanks for sharing, Eric. It's weirdly comforting to know that someone else is going through what we had to go through last year. But that's how you learn and gain EXPERIENCE (I'm talking to you, SVG).

I will be much more comforting to know if we win this series. I hate counting comforted chickens before they hatch.
mirak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:02 am    Post subject:

I think when all is said and done, the people of Orlando will be able to appreciate the season their team has put together. They're ahead of their time, but then, the same was said of Cleveland 2007 and they haven't returned to the Finals since.
ErictheCeltic
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:07 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

Anytime Linda. Are you a Laker fan living in Boston?
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:14 am    Post subject:

ErictheCeltic wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Yep.

I went to Laker/Celtic game in the Garden this season and screamed my lungs out for the Lakers and really, no one bothered me. The guy sitting next to us ribbed me a little but he was more interested in downing a few more beers than hearing me cheer for Kobe.
sone212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:17 am    Post subject:

Well, I don't pity them. Better them than us.
ErictheCeltic
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:30 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
ErictheCeltic wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Yep.

I went to Laker/Celtic game in the Garden this season and screamed my lungs out for the Lakers and really, no one bothered me. The guy sitting next to us ribbed me a little but he was more interested in downing a few more beers than hearing me cheer for Kobe.

Now I don't feel so all alone Its changed from the days of the old Boston Garden. Younger Celtic fans aren't as hateful and are more civil. They're happy just to chant Beat LA.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:31 am    Post subject:

End the series Sunday please

!...
RealOne
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:36 am    Post subject:

The Clutchness of Fisher's shot was unbelievable. Had he missed, we would've had 48 hours of threads:

1) the lounge would've been turned upside down, flooded with p&m threads
2) people asking for Phil's scalp because he's blindly trusts Fish
3) Fish skewered for taking a shot @ 0-5 when he should've waited
5) where was Shannon Brown? what did he do to not get any PT?
6) David Stern got what he wanted and damn that Ben Salvatore

Fortunately, things turned out well for everyone here and there's a chance to close it out on Sunday. Major props to Fish. Let's hope they stay strong and play through all of the terrible calls about to come their way.

Last edited by RealOne on Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Vishnu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:37 am    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
End the series Sunday please
Lakers For Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:50 am    Post subject:

Refs gave Orlando EVERY chance possible to win game 4 and they blew it.
divncom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:07 am    Post subject:

X56 wrote:
Game hasn't started and they already called a foul on Bynum, Pau and Odom because Dwight pushed them...

rofl!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 109, 110, 111  Next
Page 3 of 111
Jump to: