***2009 Lakers' Championship Parade Thread***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46, 47  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaDiKicHeE
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:59 am    Post subject:

The whole time I was thinking "who the hell is that guy!?". I didn't know it was him til they were on stage and had close-ups. I was laughing so hard when I found out it was him. I thought he was a bodyguard or something. The hair was pretty awesome tho.
LAL4K3RS
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:00 am    Post subject:

Call me a crazy white guy, but I really always envied the fro. Of course, being bald and white, I would take any hair I could get, but to be honest, the fro was always a very cool look. I love watching old 70's era basketball with all the big fro's.

JPowell rocked it something superfly special.

From a defensive point of view, a big Fro might actually limit the offense from being able to see passing lanes. Hand in the face??? How about Fro in the face!

Just sayin...
This Laker Organization has not yet hit bottom. It is moving there quickly, and I suspect this year we will see zero talent coming to the Lakers and we will trade away Kuz and BI for old vets in the hopes of giving LeBronze some scapegoats.
kemi4kobes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:52 am    Post subject:

Joe204 wrote:
Here is why he had his hair out

and all season along no one had worse hair than Gasol and with the unshaven look to go and no one cared.

The reporter refers to Josh being on Sportscenter. Anyone know what he's referring to?
"I wish I could draw a picture of the look on their faces..... For a time, it was like he was on the court by himself. It's like God put Kobe here for us to watch him play basketball." - LO On KB8's Performance Against the Clips 07/01/06
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:54 am    Post subject:

LAL4K3RS wrote:
Call me a crazy white guy, but I really always envied the fro. Of course, being bald and white, I would take any hair I could get, but to be honest, the fro was always a very cool look. I love watching old 70's era basketball with all the big fro's.

From a defensive point of view, a big Fro might actually limit the offense from being able to see passing lanes. Hand in the face??? How about Fro in the face!

Just sayin...

I too have always envied the fro. If I was black, I'd either have a mohawk, or a fro that made Artis Gilmore blush.
RealOne
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:06 am    Post subject:

He should keep it for next year, I was never a fan of the corn rows.
alexjlake_gr8t
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:28 am    Post subject:

LAL4K3RS wrote:

Just sayin...

+1
Aloha
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:38 am    Post subject: Kobe - Nike vs Addidas Parade Gear/ Gasol-Nike

While Kobe stands out in the crowd, do you think Kobe/ Nike coordinated to make a cool shirt... 4 Rings (Gasol wore Nike - Carpe Diem)>?
Also did he wear the hat backwords to hide the 3 stripes/logo of Addidas?

Curious I can't recall if the 3peat hats/gears were nike or another...
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:44 am    Post subject:

Probably. It's essentially free marketing for Nike, seen by over 90 thousand people at the parade and millions more at home. And the only thing they had to pay for was producing the shirts.
LakerFanOC
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:05 am    Post subject:

For the people who went, is it worth it just to go to the parade and not inside the stadium?

Were there bathrooms in the stadium?

Every Laker should have spoken and not just interviewed. The 2002 parade and the Spurs parade had every single player speak.
Janggoon8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:11 am    Post subject:

my experience was kinda wack....i was waiting in entrance 16 and it was thug central (18th street, 38th street, Rollin Crips etc.)...fights broke out that was caused by a bumrush of people trying to get in...then you could smell motas the entire time even though there were kids all around...

the only thing i enjoyed about this parade was the introduction of the players and the dancing of this one chick at section 17....those who were there will know what i'm talking about (pics anyone?)

i don't know where they came up with the one million people coming to the parade, but there was never one million people at any lakers parade in the three-peat era...it was always 200-300k....
DaKobeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:12 am    Post subject: Re: Kobe - Nike vs Addidas Parade Gear/ Gasol-Nike

Aloha wrote:
While Kobe stands out in the crowd, do you think Kobe/ Nike coordinated to make a cool shirt... 4 Rings (Gasol wore Nike - Carpe Diem)>?

I know the 2000 championship hat was made by Puma. 2001 hat didn't really had the NBA finals logo on the side...not sure about the 2002 one
thegreatest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:30 am    Post subject: Re: Kobe - Nike vs Addidas Parade Gear/ Gasol-Nike

Aloha wrote:

I think Kobe wants nothing to do with Adidas. They were saying that everyone had to wear the white faces t-shirt, but I knew Kobe wasn't going to wear Adidas gear. Fisher had to put the white one on.
DIESELneedsKOBE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:35 am    Post subject:

I had a great time.

I got on the 101 FWY from Woodland Hills @ about 5:30 and I was in Los Angeles by 6 AM. I drove up to USC and got to Jefferson St (just on edge of campus), paid $10 to park and walked right over and got in line.

I was at gate 23, the worst part was the wait and also having to kick people back to the back of the line who kept coming up to attempt to butt in. When they opened the gates, that was the scary part as people started stampeding. It took all of my strength just save a young kid and his older sister from getting trampled.

In the ends, I got sunburnt like hell and they were out of water so I got dehydrated too and ended up with a major migraine, BUT IT WAS WORTH IT ALL just to get a chance to be there, be part of it and give something back the Lakers who have given me so much in my years as a fan.

Go Lakers 2010!

Last edited by DIESELneedsKOBE on Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Purps
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:37 am    Post subject:

I didn't see anything wrong with him rocking the fro for a day.

What's up with all the "Buckwheat" comments? Not cool.
Vishnu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:37 am    Post subject:

LakerFanOC wrote:
For the people who went, is it worth it just to go to the parade and not inside the stadium?

Were there bathrooms in the stadium?

Every Laker should have spoken and not just interviewed. The 2002 parade and the Spurs parade had every single player speak.

There were restrooms there. My feeling is that the parade would have been just as good. It was cool when they came down the steps. However, nothing really happened in the Coliseum. Each player was announced and we cheered. Phil, Luke, Jordan, Pau, Fish, and Kobe answered a few questions.

If you regularly go to games, then just go to the parade imo. If you go to games, then you cheer these guys in person all the time. There's no need to wake up early and wait for many, many hours in an environment that could be better to do the same thing.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: Kobe - Nike vs Addidas Parade Gear/ Gasol-Nike

thegreatest wrote:
Aloha wrote:

I think Kobe wants nothing to do with Adidas. They were saying that everyone had to wear the white faces t-shirt, but I knew Kobe wasn't going to wear Adidas gear. Fisher had to put the white one on.

If they said that everyone had to wear the caricature tshirt, then a few folks didn't listen.

Also, since it wasn't an NBA sponsored event, Adidas had no say in what anyone wore.
LOGoods7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:19 am    Post subject:

That fro' is so awesome, don't hate on JP
Baconwrappedwithonions
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:29 am    Post subject:

A couple of rows ahead of me,

I sadly witnessed a young early 20-something yr old mother have the pipe passed to her from her friend/relative sitting at her right. While she had her 3-4 yr old son sitting on her lap, she hit the pipe nonchalantly. There also was a couple of 7-10 yr old girls sitting directly in back of her and in front of me. She then passed it to her left which I can definitely i.d. this guy as the father cause he took turns holding the child.

I was sitting at the top of section 25.

I have no problem with weed smoke but it was a risky environment for children/toddlers. At least I didnt see any newborns.

Then you had other knuckleheads yellin "F--k San Diego, F Orange County, I'm from L.A. (throwin up the L.A. sign with their fingers)!!!" This dude was yellin this @Charger/Laker fans 7 rows behind him.

All in all, I had fun.....but in the end, "to each his own" is what they say right?

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=66298&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=poetry
Vishnu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:32 am    Post subject:

I see that I wasn't the only one who wasn't pleased with the crowd
Heyvoon24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:35 am    Post subject:

anyone see lamar doing the ric flair strut yesterday? Priceless!
k4lakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:54 am    Post subject:

Vishnu wrote:

All in all, I had a very positive experience with the people in line and sitting around me. I had an amazing experience that I will always remember.

That being said, it's the weed & cigarette smoke that I took offense with since I was there with my son and there were many young children and infants in attendance. Yes, you can say this is normal behavior if you go to a concert, etc, but at the same time, at concerts there are usually no kids either.

When I go to games at Staples, I don't have to smell anyone's cigarettes....there are designated areas that are enforced. Considering there were tons of Event Staff people and uniformed police around, I'm not sure what they were supposed to be doing, but it wasn't enforcing any rules.
SportsLoco
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:58 am    Post subject:

Vishnu wrote:

Like I said the lowest of low went to the Coliseum. NOT EVERYONE! I'm not saying everyone, but the majority of latinos were the lowest class of hispanics. I'm latino so don't start saying I'm a racist. I just speak the truth about the raza. It's sad. These idiots feel the need to throw up gang signs and smoke weed in front of kids. The gang culture is ruining Los Angeles. As for the parade and rally itself. It was nice but doesn't compare to 2002 when all the players spoke and there were alot more people along the route. The reason the crowds were sparse in certain areas of the route is because by making it from Staples to the coliseum you didn't have any parking. People had to go on foot to secure a spot. It's just not a good parade route IMO. Much better to do it through Downtown L.A.
Vishnu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:09 am    Post subject:

Most people were nice and were there to support the team. It's a select few that I'm referring to.
rchanou
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:29 am    Post subject:

Janggoon8 wrote:
my experience was kinda wack....i was waiting in entrance 16 and it was thug central (18th street, 38th street, Rollin Crips etc.)...fights broke out that was caused by a bumrush of people trying to get in...then you could smell motas the entire time even though there were kids all around...

the only thing i enjoyed about this parade was the introduction of the players and the dancing of this one chick at section 17....those who were there will know what i'm talking about (pics anyone?)

i don't know where they came up with the one million people coming to the parade, but there was never one million people at any lakers parade in the three-peat era...it was always 200-300k....

that chick was hot.
Lakersarethebesteva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:35 am    Post subject: Sasha booed at the parade?

I thought I heard it the first time, but now I watched a replay and not only do I clearly hear the boo's I also hear some guy yell "Sasha you suck" and he clearly heard it.

You know I really think Sasha was a let down but the parade is no place for boos, that was uncool by Laker fans
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 45 of 47
Jump to: