Is Spree washed up?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is Latrell Sprewell washed up?
Yes. Stick a fork in Spree - he's done.
10%
 10%  [ 10 ]
No. Spree still has the skills to be effective in the triangle.
61%
 61%  [ 57 ]
Maybe. If we can get him on the cheap it's worth a shot.
27%
 27%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 92

Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject: Is Spree washed up?

With all of the "do we or don't we?" talk about the potential signing, trading for or sign-and-trading for Latrell Sprewell, the question has to be asked: is there anything left in Spree's tank?

I, for one, think he's done. At 35 years old and coming off of his worst season ever, I don't know that Spree could help us. I love his fire, etc., but I think the skills are gone.
Mailman04
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:37 pm    Post subject:

Right now, he is still better and more proven than any G on LA's roster except for Kobe so no he isn't washed up and is worth the risk. I wouldn't give up much to get him but I would do my best to sign him or do a sign and trade of some sorts.
lakermax
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject:

But then you have to define washed up. How exactly have his skills deteriated? The answer is nobody knows. So if he's cheap get'em if not he can go to social services to feed his baby's.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Is Spree washed up?

Dr. Laker wrote:
With all of the "do we or don't we?" talk about the potential signing, trading for or sign-and-trading for Latrell Sprewell, the question has to be asked: is there anything left in Spree's tank?

I, for one, think he's done. At 35 years old and coming off of his worst season ever, I don't know that Spree could help us. I love his fire, etc., but I think the skills are gone.

Yes, I would rather have McKie. I will just try and forget he scored less in his best season than Spree did in his worst season. And Vujacic is freaking solid.
Alpha

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:50 pm    Post subject:

^
B_Rabbit1212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject:

He can contribute if he is willing to grasp the concept of the triangle. My only concern is that he becomes like GP a couple years ago, where he becomes frustrated by the offense. However, overall, I think that the pros outweigh the cons in this and he is definitely worth a pick up. We simply need depth and he provides that.
Drunken_Lei
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Is Spree washed up?

LakerLanny wrote:

Yes, I would rather have McKie. I will just try and forget he scored less in his best season than Spree did in his worst season. And Vujacic is freaking solid.

CorkyTomjanovich
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:18 pm    Post subject:

Spree is wellllll done.
VonWafer&KobeBryantFa
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:19 pm    Post subject:

Heck no my friend
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
dwonderful
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:20 pm    Post subject:

i said maybe, i think we just have to wait and see where he is as a player
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:23 pm    Post subject:

B_Rabbit1212 wrote:
He can contribute if he is willing to grasp the concept of the triangle. My only concern is that he becomes like GP a couple years ago, where he becomes frustrated by the offense. However, overall, I think that the pros outweigh the cons in this and he is definitely worth a pick up. We simply need depth and he provides that.

Differnce is that spree has a 3 point shot and his game isnt run and gun, and posting up other guards.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject:

lakers0505 wrote:
B_Rabbit1212 wrote:

Differnce is that spree has a 3 point shot and his game isnt run and gun, and posting up other guards.

And hes going to have the ability to slash to the basket with the trangle because unlike the triangle 2.0 with shaq, the daddy isnt clogging up the lane with the his fat..
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:28 pm    Post subject:

I seen a few Minny games last year and he still has plenty left. If he signs with us, he has even more motivation to do better so he can get a better contract later on.
Mark_in_Tulsa
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject:

How many guys can you find that will make 5 mill, and have his experince and skill. I would say VERY few. As of last year I wouldn't even say he had lost near half a step yet. He can still burn most people in the league, even if he loses a whole step this year.
WalterJ187
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:33 pm    Post subject:

I think he has enough in the tank to be a difference maker. Same goes for McKie. Spreewell's abilities have never been in question; it's been motivation or attitude. If Phil is the king of motivators, him and Spreewell should be a good fit. I have enough faith in Phil that he will motivate Spreewell to play to his potential, especially since it sounds like Spree WANTS to play with Kobe.
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject:

No way he is done. He has declined in his numbers a little in recent years, but he is still very effective. Besides, the triangle has been known to make players thrive. I rest my case.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: