Poll: Will Sprewell be a Laker?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will he?
Yes
56%
 56%  [ 48 ]
No
43%
 43%  [ 37 ]
Total Votes : 85

Kirby Brian
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject: Poll: Will Sprewell be a Laker?

Latrell Spreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewell?
Tarzan008
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject:

I think so,chances are strong.Lets hope he brings a friend along for the ride.....
Kirby Brian
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:44 pm    Post subject:

Mark Madsen?
VonWafer&KobeBryantFa
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:53 pm    Post subject:

Yes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:09 pm    Post subject:

Whats up with all this love on the Wolves roster? I mean, ppl keep creating topics about Kandi, Spree, Madsen, that tall athletic guy they have, and even Eddie Griffin.
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:09 pm    Post subject:

He'll take the 2.5 if we can't get a S&T completed...
twoface723
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:

I agree. Nobody else wants him. Right??? It's just a matter of time....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
freshprince
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject:

forget spree...he is washed up..i want jalen...period!!!!!!
CorkyTomjanovich
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:12 pm    Post subject:

HELLO. Just read what Phil said-

On the subject of a rumored trade for Latrell Sprewell, Jackson said: "I don't think that's going to happen." (www.espn.com)

Put down the pipe (crack) this cancerous garbage is NOT COMING TO L.A.
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:15 pm    Post subject:

twoface723 wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:

I agree. Nobody else wants him. Right??? It's just a matter of time....

There's a reason why nobody else wants him. Funny how some aren't picking up the red flags as well and still want Spree.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
On the subject of a rumored trade for Latrell Sprewell, Jackson said: "I don't think that's going to happen." (www.espn.com)

Trade is the KEY word there.

He never said that Spree wouldn't happen - but the trade - was what he didn't think was going to happen.

He also said he liked Spree. So that tells you there's some interest there, and if Spree really wants to come he can take the remainder of the MLE.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Quote:

Trade is the KEY word there.

He never said that Spree wouldn't happen - but the trade - was what he didn't think was going to happen.

He also said he liked Spree. So that tells you there's some interest there, and if Spree really wants to come he can take the remainder of the MLE.

That's all fine and dandy, but it probably won't fit well with Spree. That's just the tip of the iceburg of problems that Spree brings to a team, but it's also the breaking point. Just take last year as an example. $7 million is not enough for Spree. Then the Wolves slide downhill for the rest of the year. There are definitely going to be some problems that will come out due to Spree accepting only half of the MLE.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Different situations

1- Spree wouldn't be coming here disgruntled. By signing for the split MLE he would be showing the Lakers and the fans that he WANTS to play HERE.

2- Spree wasn't angry before then and was one of the main reason's Minnesota got to the WCF.

3- If he played well - like his first season in Minny - and then we didn't give him the MLE/Money he wanted the following season, then i can see him being angry with is that season. Right now - he's in the same boat as Kobe in regards to being about redemption. Infact, that's probably what interests Phil about this scenario.

Having players like Kobe Bryant, Lamar Odom, Kwame Brown and Latrell Sprewell at this point could parallel geatly into the season's theme "Redemption"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Panthera
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:36 pm    Post subject:

I don't think Spree will accept 2.5 mil.

If he's taking a "paycut" he"ll join a contender. Plain and simple.

I think the Pistons want him, too.
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Different situations

1- Spree wouldn't be coming here disgruntled. By signing for the split MLE he would be showing the Lakers and the fans that he WANTS to play HERE.

2- Spree wasn't angry before then and was one of the main reason's Minnesota got to the WCF.

3- If he played well - like his first season in Minny - and then we didn't give him the MLE/Money he wanted the following season, then i can see him being angry with is that season. Right now - he's in the same boat as Kobe in regards to being about redemption. Infact, that's probably what interests Phil about this scenario.

Having players like Kobe Bryant, Lamar Odom, Kwame Brown and Latrell Sprewell at this point could parallel geatly into the season's theme "Redemption"

1. No, that doesn't prove he WANTS to play HERE. It proves he couldn't get a better deal from anyone else and therefore has to settle for the Laker's half of the MLE.

2. Sure he wasn't angry. But then we know he was angry after the WCF year and the team went straight to the lottery. How does that happen with a team that is largely unchanged from the previous year?

3. That's another problem. Lakers would want to sign him for 2 years. Spree wants one. More proof that he's in it for the money, not that the Lakers aren't. Why sign another SF when we can use the other half of the MLE to sign a big man who can play for 2 years? A big man is more important to this team than another SF.

And the "Redemption" theme is all nice and fine, but what I find funny is how Miami can stack itself with so much talent and people are calling for an implosion, and yet when the Lakers are thinking of putting one too many talented players it will magically work out fine. Our core is Kobe, Odom, and Kwame. We need to surround them with role players who know their role, not another guy who needs his shots. At this point in time, Kwame is more important to this team than Spree. Take away shots from Kwame and his confidence goes down. Kwame plays better when he's involved with the offense. Therefore, aim for other players who can help out the core.
dashiznit
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Hopefully
smoothCbutla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:52 pm    Post subject:

Spree needs the Lakers and the Lakers need Spree.

The Lakers and Spree's Agent are just playing the friendly who needs who more leverage game.

imo
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: