REPORT: Lakers Offered Contract To Dalibor Bagaric! (Old Thread)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OscarWang
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:58 pm    Post subject: REPORT: Lakers Offered Contract To Dalibor Bagaric! (Old Thread)

Dunno if this is legit or enoungh

Probally a camp contract....

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=419710

STRENGHTS: Very big, very strong. Decent athlete considering size. Good defensive presence, can stay infront of his man. Good rebounder and shotblocker.

Weaknesses: Limited offensively. Has some back to the basket moves, but can`s score consistenly. Has no-jumper, foul prone. Lacks high basketball IQ and can`t pass the ball.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/dalibor_bagaric/bio.html

7-1 290 Center

Drafted By Bulls

BACKGROUND

2002-03:
Appeared in 10 games in third NBA season with the Chicago Bulls. … Averaged 1.9 ppg and 2.0 rpg, shooting .333 from the floor and .750 from the free throw line. … Scored a season-high 4 points on three occasions. … Grabbed a season-best 5 rebounds at New Jersey (12/23). … Missed five games on the injured list with lower leg tenosynovitis (10/30-11/6). … Recorded 15 DNP-CD (11/9, 11/13, 11/16, 12/16, 12/18, 12/20, 12/21, 12/27, 2/1, 2/3, 2/4, 3/6, 3/8, 3/16). … Missed a total of 30 games on the injured list with left knee tendinitis (11/19-12/14, 12/28-1/31). … Missed 12 games with right knee tendinitis (2/12/-3/3). … Missed 10 games with a left ankle sprain (3/22-4/9).

2001-02:
Appeared in 50 games in second NBA season. … Averaged 3.7 ppg and 3.2 rpg, shooting .404 from the floor and .586 from the free throw line. … Reached double figures in scoring on two occasions (3/30, 4/11) and pulled in 6+ rebounds in 10 games. … Played 20+ minutes in 10 games (nine coming after February 13). … Averaged 6.9 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 1.3 apg and 0.90 bpg, shooting .417 from the floor and .633 from the free throw line when playing 20+ minutes. … Appeared in every game except one following the all-star break. … Made his season debut at Boston (11/2), scoring 6 points with 4 rebounds and 2 blocked shots in 10 minutes of action. … Scored 8 points in 7 minutes at Dallas (12/27). … Played a career-high 32 minutes, scoring 5 points with 2 blocked shots and a career-high 11 rebounds at Charlotte (2/13). … Recorded 21 DNP-CD. … Missed 11 games on the injured list with lower back pain (1/4-1/22).

2000-01:
Bagaric appeared in 35 games and averaged 1.3 ppg and 1.6 rpg. He made his NBA debut on November 22 at Sacramento ... Scored a season-high 5 points (2-3 FG, 1-1 FT) on February 22 versus L.A. Clippers ... Played a season-high 16 minutes, grabbing a season-high 8 rebounds on February 28 versus Houston ... Missed the first 10 games of the season on the injured list with a right knee contusion ... Placed on the injured list with right knee tendinitis on December 19 (missed 14 games) ... Missed two games (3/25, 3/26) due to the flu.

PRE-NBA:
Bagaric spent three seasons in the Croatian League, splitting time between Benston Zagreb and Cibona Zagreb. He appeared in 22 games in 1999-2000 for Benston Zagreb in Croatia ... Averaged 18.3 points and 10.4 rebounds, shooting .590 from the floor and making 1.7 steals and appearing in the Croatian League All-Star game ... Played for the Croatian Junior National Team in the 1998 European Junior Championship, helping the team to the silver medal, and at the 1999 World Junior Championship, where he won a bronze medal ... Played for Cibona Zagreb in 1998-99, helping the team to the Croatian League Championship, averaging 6.8 points and 4.9 rebounds off the bench ... also led the league in blocked shots.

I don't expect him to make the team...

sounds like a Phil type of guy...does most of the little things
Panthera
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:00 am    Post subject:

We're really desperate

Dalibor Bagaric is hands down the worst player EVER!!!!!!!!!
OscarWang
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:02 am    Post subject:

Sasha is....
Charles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:03 am    Post subject:

just a camp invite... Neil Yanke ring a bell?
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:16 am    Post subject:

Funkee wrote:

We're really desperate

What about Sasha?

Anyway, a camp invite with SOME Triangle experience. Nothing more. Gives him a chance to earn a spot. A good invite though.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
Panthera
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:21 am    Post subject:

What about Sasha? IDK

Bagaric has a great size and some athleticism...but his bball IQ is lower than Slava's. Seriously.
He can't pass, he's stupid and it's just frustrating to watch him play.

Sasha on the other hand.....I don't find him frustrating, I just laugh at him...

So it's frustration vs laughter.

What's worse?

I pick Bagaric.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:27 am    Post subject:

8) Funkee, true to form. 8)
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
CDRacingZX6R
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:28 am    Post subject:

Funkee wrote:

What about Sasha? IDK

Bagaric has a great size and some athleticism...but his bball IQ is lower than Slava's. Seriously.
He can't pass, he's stupid and it's just frustrating to watch him play.

Sasha on the other hand.....I don't find him frustrating, I just laugh at him...

So it's frustration vs laughter.

What's worse?

I pick Bagaric.

Haha, I was watching th SPL games and Sasha looked like a chump. He was getting schooled by college kids. But I agree, it was very funny to watch.
Kittyluvslakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:59 am    Post subject:

Wow how humiliating for the Lakers.
Panthera
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:19 am    Post subject:

Here's the article

Quote:
Naš košarkaški reprezentativac Dalibor Bagarić pod ugovorom je s prvakom Italije Climamiom iz Bologne, gdje mu je trener Jasmin Repeša. Bagarić je tijekom ljeta, dok je bio na pripremama reprezentacije, odbijao ponude NBA klubova (Minnesota, Seattle), iako su bile izdašnije od njegova sadašnjeg ugovora. Razlog je jasan:ima neugodna iskustva iz Bullsa u kojima je, uglavnom, prosjedio tri sezone. Dvije szeone igranja u Europi vratile su ga u košarkaški život. U dresu Olympiacosa i Climamia pokazao je potencijale i kontrolira vlastitu karijeru.

No, na Bagarićevu adresu je stigla nova NBA ponuda, ovaj put od LA Lakersa. Konačni NBA izazov...Prošle sezone Lakersi su potonuli nakon Shaqova odlaska u Miami te nakon što je Kobe Bryant dobio "sva prava" na terenu i oko njega. U gradu "anđela" traži se showtime i Lakersi se moraju vratiti na vrh. Phil Jackson je ponovo na klupi, pomoćnici će mu biti Rambis i Shaw, a kao specijalni pomoćnik angažiran je Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. On će individualno raditi s igračima Lakersa tijekom cijele sezone. Vodeći NBA strijelac svih vremena imao bi što pokazati Bagariću.

Lakersi na rosteru nemaju niti jednog jedinog ozbiljnog centra i Bagarić bi, ako se odluči na odlazak u LA, sigurno dobio određenu minutažu. Igranje, dok u provm redu partera sjedi Jack Nicholson, dobro zvuči.

U telefonskom razgovoru s Bagarićem nije stigla potvrda mogućeg angažmana u Lakersima. "Uopće ne razmišljam o bilo kakvim ponudama iz NBA lige. Zasad ostajem u Climamiu, a to prema ugovoru znači još godinu dana" - rekao je hrvatski centar.

Translation:

Croatian national team player Dalibor Bagaric is currently under a contract with the Italian champion Climamio Bologna where his coach is Jasmin Repesa.
During the summer, Bagaric was working out with the national team and he rejected the offers from the NBA (Minnesota, Seattle) although he was able to earn more money there than he does in Italy.
No need to question his reasons though.
He's still bitter towards the NBA because he was mostly sitting on the bench in Chicago.
In 2 years of playing basketball in Europe, he ressurected as a basketball player.
Playing for Olympiacos and Climamo he showed good basketball potential and is in control of his career now.

But this time, Bagaric got an offer that is hard to refuse....from the LA Lakers. The true NBA challenge.

Last season, the Lakers played terrible after they traded Shaq and put the team on Kobe Bryant's shoulders, on and off the court ()

In the city of Angles, they must return the showtime and get back to the top.
Phil Jackson is back and his assistants are Shaw, Rambis and Kareem Abdul Jabbar who"ll be working individually with centers all season long.
The NBA's all time leading scorer could definitely teach Bagaric a few things about the game of basketball.

Lakers don't have any great centers on their roster and Bagaric could get some playing time in Los Angeles.
Playing for the Lakers with Jack Nichelson in the front row sounds very tempting to everyone.

In a telephone conversation with Bagaric he didn't confirm the offer from the Lakers. "Currently I'm not thinking about any offers from the NBA and I'm staying in Climamio until my contract expires" said Bagaric.

Basically....he wants to stay in Europe and so far he's rejected all NBA teams but this time it's the Lakers and it just doesn't get any better than that.

Eh, nothing to get excited about.
Seems like the Lakers are only interested.
He wasn't given a camp contract or anything.
He's probably staying in Europe...which is a good thing.

Last edited by Panthera on Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:42 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number Reply with quote
Sunhills'm I
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:39 am    Post subject:

Funkee, thanks for the translation.

Lakers really need to get a big man that can block shoots while Mihm gets his Gatorade and traditional 2 fools... still don't know why we did not go after D. Davis or someone in his category...
Antonio
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:42 am    Post subject:

Slava > Bagaric.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:43 am    Post subject:

Funkee wrote:

We're really desperate

Kittyluvslakers wrote:

Haven't you every heard of camp fodder? Actually, bringing in an former NBA player with a little tri-experience to practice with the team is a good move.

Some people are so negative that they take things completely out of context....

--Anonymous
fakethefunk
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:19 am    Post subject:

who? I hope he's not our impact player
orwell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:25 am    Post subject:

fakethefunk wrote:
who? I hope he's not our impact player

I hope he is not the reason why Mitch travelled to europe this year for?
Antonio
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:28 am    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
Funkee wrote:

We're really desperate

Kittyluvslakers wrote:

Haven't you every heard of camp fodder? Actually, bringing in an former NBA player with a little tri-experience to practice with the team is a good move.

Some people are so negative that they take things completely out of context....

This is what happens when our best acquisitions are Kwame Brown and Aaron McKie.
KwamesMyGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:31 am    Post subject:

Why do yall hate on every laker player? I dont look at players to be stars I look at what lil things they can provide the team. If he can play ok defense and block shots that will be good for the team. and he would add another athletic 7 footer to the team. Making it 4 that can defend picks etc..

Los Angeles Lakers
Hoop_Knowledge
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:05 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Why do yall hate on every laker player? I dont look at players to be stars I look at what lil things they can provide the team. If he can play ok defense and block shots that will be good for the team. and he would add another athletic 7 footer to the team. Making it 4 that can defend picks etc..

Truth. If this guy pans out in training camp and executes the in-game fundamental aspects that Phil has envisioned for him, then he will be a solid pickup. What many people here are missing is that we need big bodies desperately. With this roster now being guard-centric (with Kobe as the offensive apex), multiple big bodies that we can throw out there on the floor to rebound, defend, foul, etc will help us tremendously. Remember, part of what made his Bulls teams successful was that Phil always had at least 3 centers on his roster, with 2 to 3 pf's to go along with the centers. Great balance, not necessary talent, is what Phil is aiming for. Because with great balance comes stability and structure, something that a Phil-coached, triangle executed team always needs to be successful...

We as a team last season were on the small side for NBA teams (especially in the west). The sum of the equation is always greater than the individual parts within the equation. Despite not being a great player, if this guy can come in and fill a role Phil may be envisioning for him, it will work out great for us in the long run...
jrod88
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:16 am    Post subject:

Hoop_Knowledge wrote:
Quote:

Truth. If this guy pans out in training camp and executes the in-game fundamental aspects that Phil has envisioned for him, then he will be a solid pickup. What many people here are missing is that we need big bodies desperately. With this roster now being guard-centric (with Kobe as the offensive apex), multiple big bodies that we can throw out there on the floor to rebound, defend, foul, etc will help us tremendously. Remember, part of what made his Bulls teams successful was that Phil always had at least 3 centers on his roster, with 2 to 3 pf's to go along with the centers. Great balance, not necessary talent, is what Phil is aiming for. Because with great balance comes stability and structure, something that a Phil-coached, triangle executed team always needs to be successful...

We as a team last season were on the small side for NBA teams (especially in the west). The sum of the equation is always greater than the individual parts within the equation. Despite not being a great player, if this guy can come in and fill a role Phil may be envisioning for him, it will work out great for us in the long run...

Excellent post and I agee with you 100%. If Phil sees something in him and feels that he could fill a role on the team I am all for getting this guy even if he's Funkee's "worst player ever" for the week.
Hoop_Knowledge
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:17 am    Post subject:

If this guy works out and we pick him up, we will have 3 legit 7 footers on this team: Kwame, Bagaric, and Bynum (w/ Chris floating around that 6'11 to 6'11 & 1/2 mark ). Then with Medved, Cook, and Blount (if we pick him up too) we will have a solid and big front court to bang around with in the Western Conference. I believe one of the two new signings (Bagaric and Blount) won't make the team though; however, either-or being picked up will reduce our need to play LO at the pf, which I believe Phil will try not to do (keeping him at the sf/guard spot will help increase and maintain the mismatches in our favor)...
almuete
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:27 am    Post subject:

Yinka Dare ring a bell?
Hoop_Knowledge
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:36 am    Post subject:

Thanks for the translation Funkee; yah, it doesn't seem like an option right now as his quotes seem to indicate that he is flattered by the offer from us, but would prefer to stay in Europe where he would without a doubt be a bigger impact and better player...Hopefully he has a change of heart though...
Panthera
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:52 am    Post subject:

7footer...yes
athletic....yes
can block some shots and play some d....yes (on a good day)

but you thought Tierre was frustrating to watch?

you've seen nothing.

Watching Bagaric play can kill you...I'm not kidding.

His mechanic footwork, ability to pick up stupid fouls, make stupid decisions on offense, avoid good (obvious) decisions because his bball IQ is that low etc etc etc.

He"ll impress you if you need 6 fouls on Shaq, some toughness and an occasional block and rebound, a good dunk...

Other that than, you"ll really want to punch the TV everytime you see him play.

I know he possibly brings some things to the table that we need but...he's not good.
Plain and simple.

Just a big body...
lilmomo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:01 am    Post subject:

Funkee wrote:
7footer...yes
athletic....yes
can block some shots and play some d....yes (on a good day)

but you thought Tierre was frustrating to watch?

you've seen nothing.

Watching Bagaric play can kill you...I'm not kidding.

His mechanic footwork, ability to pick up stupid fouls, make stupid decisions on offense, avoid good (obvious) decisions because his bball IQ is that low etc etc etc.

He"ll impress you if you need 6 fouls on Shaq, some toughness and an occasional block and rebound, a good dunk...

Other that than, you"ll really want to punch the TV everytime you see him play.

I know he possibly brings some things to the table that we need but...he's not good.
Plain and simple.

Just a big body...

So what you're saying is...we should not be excited. Thanks, because I was ready to break the champaigne glasses and pencil us in for a dynasty after the signing of this guy.
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:01 am    Post subject:

Sunhills'm I wrote:
Funkee, thanks for the translation.

Lakers really need to get a big man that can block shoots while Mihm gets his Gatorade and traditional 2 fools... still don't know why we did not go after D. Davis or someone in his category...
And you KNOW we didn't? Remember "bigs" with contracts in the NBA are usually highly over-valued. Kwame was a bargain basement steal, Curry was the only other potential steal, but Paxon wasn't going to just let him go, without at least trying to inflate his value.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: