REPORT: Lakers Offered Contract To Dalibor Bagaric! (Old Thread)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
surfbu
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:03 am    Post subject:

Hmm...this makes me wonder if perhaps Nate Johnson and forward Ike Nwankwo are available too for training camp.

LOL
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:06 am    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
Funkee wrote:

We're really desperate

Dalibor Bagaric is hands down the worst player EVER!!!!!!!!!

Kittyluvslakers wrote:
Wow how humiliating for the Lakers.

Haven't you every heard of camp fodder? Actually, bringing in an former NBA player with a little tri-experience to practice with the team is a good move.

Some people are so negative that they take things completely out of context....
That's too REAL for a lot on this board! Teams really need to bring guys into camp who the roster players are unfamiliar with, so the coaches can see how they "react" to an unknown. If they only hold camp with players who will have been practicing together, and whose moves are familiar, how's the coaching staff going to know where the weaknesses are to make adjustments?
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:06 am    Post subject:

Funkee - when was the last time you saw him play?

If it was 01-03 seasons where he was basically a trash time player, he may have improved with real playing time over in Europe for the last 2 years. Development of skills, understanding the game and confidence come with playing time, not bench riding.

If it was last year in Europe and your assesment of his game is correct than he truly is just camp fodder.

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
Bergamotichek
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:08 am    Post subject:

Kittyluvslakers wrote:
Wow how humiliating for the Lakers.

ITS CAMP FODDER.

Some of you seriously need to pay attention. Every year... every team signs guys they haven't any intention of adding to the roster, over the long term. They sign guys to go up against in practice.

But, every year... we get people whining and crying... asking why we're so desperate to sign a complete nobody that hasn't any chance of seeing floor time. EXACTLY.

Unless a miracle happens and the guy has improved x1000... he's never going to suit up for a regular season game. He's a body for camp... nothing more.
orwell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:17 am    Post subject:

surfbu wrote:
Hmm...this makes me wonder if perhaps Nate Johnson and forward Ike Nwankwo are available too for training camp.

Likey camp fodder, but why not? We just brought Corie Blount back from the dead.
Panthera
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:26 am    Post subject:

psydesho wrote:
Funkee - when was the last time you saw him play?

If it was 01-03 seasons where he was basically a trash time player, he may have improved with real playing time over in Europe for the last 2 years. Development of skills, understanding the game and confidence come with playing time, not bench riding.

If it was last year in Europe and your assesment of his game is correct than he truly is just camp fodder.

Actually, the last I saw him play was exactly a week ago.
Croatia vs Spain.
When Kasun went down with an injury, we had no good center to replace him.
Bagaric just isn't very good...sorry

What bothers me the most is that Mitch is always trying to find those diamonds in a rough that mostly don't work.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:37 am    Post subject:

Great practice body.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:55 am    Post subject:

Funkee, you seem to have som familiarity with this guy's game, a couple of questions.

Does he block out well? If so, isn't that a good thing to have aBynum and Kwame go up against, to get a feel for holding position, an dblocking out?

You say he has some moves, wouldn't that be good to have for Laker bigs to work on defensive positiong/footwork, in camp?
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:57 am    Post subject:

Ungainly but quite strong. A good camp invite.
Panthera
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:05 am    Post subject:

I think you're all wrong here.

Bagaric IS under a contract in Italy. He didn't agree to anything.
The Lakers seem to have offered him a contract.
It probably means nothing but I don't think that someone who's under a contract would accept just a camp invitation.
Even from the GM's perspective, you don't offer a camp contract to someone who already is under a contract.

If we in fact did offer him a contract, I don't think it's just a camp contract.

But, this was only reported in these one newspapers, nowehere else...
We don't even know if it's true yet.

And he's not even a camp fodder yet. Read the article.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:08 am    Post subject:

Quote:

Even from the GM's perspective, you don't offer a camp contract to someone who already is under a contract.

Or you do it knowingly that he wouldn't be on the roster anyway.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:08 am    Post subject:

Funkee wrote:

We're really desperate

Quote:
foul prone. Lacks high basketball IQ and can`t pass the ball

Hillarious! The dude is a shorter version of Slava minus the shotting ability!

Is there anybody here that can play, is pretty tall, with enough basketball intelligence and skills to stop this man from making the squad? If so please send resume and, footage of that ass in action to.

Mitch Kupchak
Gm/Director of Lakers player personnel
Staples Center
Los Angeles California

PrplReign
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:24 am    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
Funkee wrote:

We're really desperate

Quote:

Is there anybody here that can play, is pretty tall, with enough basketball intelligence and skills to stop this man from making the squad? If so please send resume and, footage of that ass in action to.

Mitch Kupchak
Staples Center
Los Angeles California

He is not shorter than Slava. He is 3 inches taller and 50 lbs. heavier. Those numbers alone indicate the reason for the desire for him to be around Kwame and Bynum. This will allow Bynum to acclimate to the size and weight of adult pro players with serious mass. Kwame needs someone to bang with him in camp. Look at our roster, do you really want Kwame beating up on our Center of The Future? I do not. Let the resentment be harbored against a guy that leaves the team 10-31 rather than a teammate that he will be around all year long.
Luca Brasi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:19 am    Post subject:

Bagaric = 6 fouls on Shaq in the finals.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:48 am    Post subject:

PrplReign wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
Funkee wrote:

We're really desperate

Quote:

Mitch Kupchak
Staples Center
Los Angeles California

He is not shorter than Slava. He is 3 inches taller and 50 lbs. heavier. Those numbers alone indicate the reason for the desire for him to be around Kwame and Bynum. This will allow Bynum to acclimate to the size and weight of adult pro players with serious mass. Kwame needs someone to bang with him in camp. Look at our roster, do you really want Kwame beating up on our Center of The Future? I do not. Let the resentment be harbored against a guy that leaves the team 10-31 rather than a teammate that he will be around all year long.

Yeah, I meant "a taller" version of Slava actually and, like some others have pointed out there really is no need of getting concerned over camp invitees. You also make a good point about what his camp role proabably is.

My bad...
bornaLAfan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject:

I'm actually interested to c if he makes it to the preseason, him and jack michael.
All u guys that are hating are talkin like u were in europe last week watchin him playin.

U don't know jack bout wat he's good or bad at, all u know is wat the media tells u bout the guy. Thats the whole point of tryouts
lakerzkb8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:35 pm    Post subject:

wtf is wrong with the lakers. we're passing on so many players. we could have had a solid team right now with the right GM. we should have traded shaq to a diff team and get better players. we should have signed antonio daniels this off season. the list goes on and on.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject:

I haven't seen any report from a solid source. They do seem to be talking to Blount.
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:09 pm    Post subject:

Sunhills'm I wrote:
Funkee, thanks for the translation.

Lakers really need to get a big man that can block shoots while Mihm gets his Gatorade and traditional 2 fools... still don't know why we did not go after D. Davis or someone in his category...

Who Says we didn't try? Just because you didn't hear about it, doesn't mean the Lakers didn't try. You haven't heard a fraction of the # of players or teams or trade scenarios the Lakers have been in contact with.

The truth is that Davis wanted to play on a legit title contender and wanted a 3 yr. deal, something I believe Detroit gave him. Anyway, it was between the Pacers and Pistons. The Lakers were never in play for him. His career is winding down and he wants more than just the playoffs as a goal.

Seriously, some of you are far too quick to just assume the worst about this team and this franchise, despite the decades of dedication to winning they've given us.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:58 pm    Post subject:

Davis indeed wanted to play for a proven contender and not a team in the works of becoming one.

He also took 3 million + per year (it was a financial decision to leave Indy) and had the Lakers even used most of the MLE on DD - out goes any chance of signing a guard to start.

Going into the offseason - the most pressing needs were a Bigman and a guard that could defend. Those were addressed in Kwame, Mckie and Parker.

The most pressing needs have to be addressed before you look for depth. Dale Davis is depth. Same with the rest of the players most are yearning for.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Marin
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject: Lakers offer contract to Bagaric

Hej guys ..i was checking your forum and can give you all great words....i love lakers and am fan since i was 19 ....( so 15 years ago )
but can't tell you enough how i'm mad to be part of the croatian people who are always (bleep) about other players.i see this guy funkee is talking trash about our center bagaric and all that can tell you ..don't worry he is not coming to LA ...he already talked to Mepmphis and he is after Vujcic and Scola the center of talks ...all scouts and managers are going after him .
i met him in Belgrade ( eu championship) and he is a very very big time...and intelligent young guy..i think 25 year old .
so ...all this trash talk from funkee can stay around him... he is or jealous or familiar with other center or long lost player who can not jump or play bb ...and now is (bleep) aorund ..
ask Jerry West what he thinks about Bagaric . .he is a pro
god bless you all and god bless basketball
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
What bothers me the most is that Mitch is always trying to find those diamonds in a rough that mostly don't work.

You mean like Chris Mihm and Smush Parker, right?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Coca James
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject:

WTF is this thread doing here?

and where in the fkkk is Funkee?

"I have to be assertive, and if the ball doesn't go in, it gives us a good rebounding opportunity." - Kobe
methticaL
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject:

yeah wth
Lakers 71-72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject:

Coca James wrote:
WTF is this thread doing here?

and where in the fkkk is Funkee?

The weird thing is, I was wondering the same thing. Funkeeeeee, where are yoooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuu???

(I think we need a stickied thread asking where he is.)

P.S. I guess his absence has been good news for Sasha.

Last edited by Lakers 71-72 on Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: