Hoopsworld.com -- George Missing Piece for Spreewell???

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you trade George to get Spree?
Yes
54%
 54%  [ 52 ]
No
22%
 22%  [ 21 ]
Maybe, if KG is "thrown in" too
23%
 23%  [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 95

lakersdynasty999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:44 am    Post subject: Hoopsworld.com -- George Missing Piece for Spreewell???

I don't know if I would do it. While I think Spree would be a great fit for this young team, George plays well under phil. The contracts even out, because George gets 4.4 mil a year, and spree would want similar...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:50 am    Post subject:

I would, but I have serious doubts that PJ would. Jones would be the SF most likely to go, but his contract won't work alone.
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:54 am    Post subject:

I would do it. But I am also crazy and unstable.
pokoy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:55 am    Post subject:

First off, not sure if George really "plays well" under Phil. He knows the system and is versatile, sure -- but the guy is inconsistent.

My issue is paying Spree $4.9 mil when it looks like no one else in the league is even willing to match $2.5 mil. I think this is probably what's causing the holdup. Why would we do it? By the sounds of it, we're already offering more than what any other team is offering.

And with George as an ending contract, and he is pretty versatile; he may be able to nab more than just Spree... Then again, I'm not holding my breath for any moves to be made the way this summer is going...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
thebooonus
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:02 am    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
First off, not sure if George really "plays well" under Phil. He knows the system and is versatile, sure -- but the guy is inconsistent.

My issue is paying Spree $4.9 mil when it looks like no one else in the league is even willing to match $2.5 mil. I think this is probably what's causing the holdup. Why would we do it? By the sounds of it, we're already offering more than what any other team is offering.

And with George as an ending contract, and he is pretty versatile; he may be able to nab more than just Spree... Then again, I'm not holding my breath for any moves to be made the way this summer is going...

Why have issue with paying Spree $4.9 million? It's not like it's an additional cost. With a sign and trade, the Lakers keep the same overall salary since they unload just as much as they sign Spree for. If, instead, Spree signs for half the MLE, that is extra salary the Lakers incurr.

I would do it just because we could get Spree for two years, where George is gone after this year, and it will be hard to find a semi-decent player on a one year contract to keep cap space in '07.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Bystander
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:18 am    Post subject:

Probably not. I hope that with trade deadline closer George with his expiring contract can bring Lakers more value. Though looking how "successfull" Mitch is with trading expiring contracts I'm not that sure.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:44 am    Post subject:

For those that voted NO

George's contract is ending folks. He is not a backcourt player on offense, and this team has great frontcourt players at SF position. Odom, Jones and Walton is ENOUGH help at that spot.

Lakers need a guard far more than they need a SF.

But from what i hear the Wolves didn't want any of them. Wolves wanted Mihm in a George/Mihm deal for Kandi/Spree.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:47 am    Post subject:

If it means losing Spree, then I would do it unless the Lakers are planning on moving DG for someone else.
chimichimichanga
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject:

how about george/mihm/sasha/cook/lamar for spree/kandi/kg
kobenbynum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:06 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
For those that voted NO

George's contract is ending folks. He is not a backcourt player on offense, and this team has great frontcourt players at SF position. Odom, Jones and Walton is ENOUGH help at that spot.

But from what i hear the Wolves didn't want any of them. Wolves wanted Mihm in a George/Mihm deal for Kandi/Spree.

Isn't it funny how all these so many people here say Mihm is no good and yet other teams want him? Also didn't he rank below Kandi and Kaman in the list of top active centers?
TIM CAMPBELL
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject:

BYE George you would be GONE
VonWafer&KobeBryantFa
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Maybe if KG was added
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
For those that voted NO

Thank you. If we are dead set on the 2007 cap space plan, let's do it all the way. If that means trading George (who will be GONE next summer, because he will most likely want longer than a one year deal) for a resigned Sprewell at 4.9 per, so be it. It makes us better (although more combustable) for the next two years and most importantly, means there's an expiring k in 2007. The ONLY caveat I see to this is the potential stunting of Kwame's development.
Shapecity
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:38 pm    Post subject:

In a heartbeat, Sprewell is better in every aspect of the game of basketball.
twoface723
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:39 pm    Post subject:

Yes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
madsen35
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject:

No, I wouldn't trade George for Sprewell. Why trade George when we could just wait and sign Spree for $2.5 million? It's not like any other teams are going after him; he'll probably be forced to sign with us.
lakersdynasty999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:52 pm    Post subject:

Or he will go to Miami..that seems like a common theme this offseason

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:24 pm    Post subject:

Say no to Spree like you would say no to drugs.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject:

Just leave Spree alone, in a couple weeks hell see 2.5 is all he can get and will take it.
BigE32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:28 pm    Post subject:

Yes, I would.
THEDTM
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:58 pm    Post subject:

Zhengi wrote:

You have been anti Spree for quite some time now without any real justification.

For the sole reason of dumping gump I would do it. Besides the fact spree is a much better player.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number Reply with quote
elbow holler
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:01 pm    Post subject:

I'd trade any one of Medvedenko, Cook, George, or Walton for Spree. Money's not really an issue. We'd be losing a redundant player and gaining a pipi longstocking lookalike. Odom couldn't guard Spree because of his 'do: maybe no one else will be able to either.
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject:

THEDTM wrote:
Zhengi wrote:

You have been anti Spree for quite some time now without any real justification.

For the sole reason of dumping gump I would do it. Besides the fact spree is a much better player.

Actually, I've justified it with a lot of arguments. People just don't care to read them cause it breaks their fantasy, so why bother repeating myself?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: