Lakers should raise ticket prices to help with LO and others
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fourplay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:32 pm    Post subject: Lakers should raise ticket prices to help with LO and others

We are a championship team, and that team needs championship pieces. I firmly believe LO is vital. That being said, the L-Tax is about to eat us up.

Why not reneg and raise the prices? Use a graduated scale--$1 for the 300s up to whatever at the high end so that the average increase is $5-$10. That would bring an extra $8.57 mil at the low end of the increase.

If you're listening, Dr Buss, I'm willing to pay an extra $5 every game to ensure LO stays.

Avery Johnson: "It was like he was in a gym all by himself working on all his moves" 62 pts 12/20/05
KOBEGASOL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:35 pm    Post subject:

and lower beer prices 10 bucks for a 12 ounce bottle of imported beer
Trey
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:37 pm    Post subject:

Exactly.. How will LO feed his family on anything less than $8,000,000 per 365 days

Approximately $22,000 per day will never be enough... EVER
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Lakers should raise ticket prices to help with LO and others

Fourplay wrote:
We are a championship team, and that team needs championship pieces. I firmly believe LO is vital. That being said, the L-Tax is about to eat us up.

Why not reneg and raise the prices? Use a graduated scale--$1 for the 300s up to whatever at the high end so that the average increase is $5-$10. That would bring an extra $8.57 mil at the low end of the increase.

If you're listening, Dr Buss, I'm willing to pay an extra $5 every game to ensure LO stays.

How many games do you go to per season?
suckycrapkins
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:38 pm    Post subject:

OMG! Now this crowd of people who believe the Lakers won 4 titles this decade because of Odom think we should raise ticket prices on the average hard working fan to pay a player who hasn't made an all star team in 10 seasons & known to be inconsistent 10 million dollars a year.
Futuristic
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:42 pm    Post subject:

Don't worry, as much as Buss is penny pinching, and he probably will get his way in Odom, he will still raise the prices of pretty much anything he can. Maybe not this year, but at some point soon. You can count on it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
PepsiShine
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:50 pm    Post subject:

they arent high enough already?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
El Daddy702
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Lakers should raise ticket prices to help with LO and others

Fourplay wrote:

Someone from Pacoima (the city with dirt sidewalks) asks to Raise prices?? now i've heard it all.

Drzucchini wrote:
Either something happens or something doesn't? Damn. Bold claim.
Fourplay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Lakers should raise ticket prices to help with LO and others

Dr. Laker wrote:
Fourplay wrote:

How many games do you go to per season?

I go to at least 10 of the 41 regular season games. That's only about 50 bucks for the season.
Master)v(ind
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:50 pm    Post subject:

Lakers already said ticket prices will remain the same compared to last season
“A story about Kobe is the first time they went to be fitted for their USA uniforms and Kobe starts crying. The equipment person asks him what happened and Kobe was like, man, you don’t understand, I’ve dreamed of playing for my country."
KOBEGASOL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:54 pm    Post subject:

Lakers make the most money in the NBA, if they sign LO, barring injury, I guaranteed another trip to the finals with this team at least
PepsiShine
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Lakers should raise ticket prices to help with LO and others

El Daddy702 wrote:
Fourplay wrote:

Someone from Pacoima (the city with dirt sidewalks) asks to Raise prices?? now i've heard it all.

pacoima has some nice parts
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:08 am    Post subject:

Trey wrote:
Exactly.. How will LO feed his family on anything less than $8,000,000 per 365 days

Approximately $22,000 per day will never be enough... EVER
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:08 am    Post subject: Re: Lakers should raise ticket prices to help with LO and others

PepsiShine wrote:
El Daddy702 wrote:
Fourplay wrote:

There's that sign that says, "Leaving Pacoima"...
Vanquish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:31 am    Post subject:

I actually half agree with the OP. Keep most ticket prices the same BUT raise luxury box prices and courtside tickets prices. All those celebrities and corporate fat cats can afford to pay more to support a championship run for the rest of us!
LakersRBack21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:01 am    Post subject:

We have the most expensive front row seats by far. Beer is waaay overpriced. Parking is a joke. 20 bucks? who pays twenty bucks for parking? oH yeah laker fans do. Dr. Buss is fine trust me. Not to mention all these deep playoff runs for years.
DimesnD
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: Lakers should raise ticket prices to help with LO and others

24 wrote:
PepsiShine wrote:
El Daddy702 wrote:
Fourplay wrote:

There's that sign that says, "Leaving Pacoima"...

It doesn't say that.

It says, "get the ef## out mo## efer or I gonna cap yo sorry a##, homey."

Want to raise prices? Ask those court side guys.

IMO raising prices are always a bad idea, they rarely come down. In sports, never. All for LO? Since it's luxury tax territory , how about raising it $10.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:36 am    Post subject:

LG should start charging a fee to be a member and donate it to the Lakers to resign Odom!
orwell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:41 am    Post subject: Re: Lakers should raise ticket prices to help with LO and others

Fourplay wrote:
Lakers should raise ticket prices to help with LO and others

Lamar, is that you?
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:45 am    Post subject: Re: Lakers should raise ticket prices to help with LO and others

Fourplay wrote:

NO. buss has the money. he just doesn't want to pay double on that extra 2 mil. which i understand. but he has the money. they raised prices when we had kwame and smush. so its not like we had a discount during the tough times. so again NO
melo061
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:48 am    Post subject:

I cannot believe i'm saying this but Lamar is overrated on this forum. Just wow.

Perfect music.
Bryant-Bynum Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:49 am    Post subject:

No.

The best idea would be to charge celebrities more. Charge them through the roof. And everytime they are shown on TV, charge them some too. And if they don't like that, then they can get their non-Laker fans asses out of Staples and have people who really will go wild cheering for the Lakers a chance to sit in for a reasonable price.
Rick12322
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:49 am    Post subject: Re: Lakers should raise ticket prices to help with LO and others

Fourplay wrote:

We've raised them enough already, time for all these spoiled athletes to come back down to reality with their pay.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: Lakers should raise ticket prices to help with LO and others

Fourplay wrote:

Great idea. Stick it to the fans so an already over paid rich guy can get an extra couple million a year.

goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ck4573
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:55 am    Post subject:

If people think Odom and Kobe should ask for as much as they want, then Dr Buss has the right to raise the ticket prices as much as he wants. If I'm Dr Buss, I'd keep raising it, until I no longer sell out. After all, it's only a business.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: