How much is a Kobe Bryant rookie card worth today?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigshots2003
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:24 pm    Post subject: How much is a Kobe Bryant rookie card worth today?

I was going through all my old basketball cards from way back when and ran into my rookie players section. I used to be a junkie

Got a couple upper deck and various other Kobe's, Iverson's, and other notable rookie cards are Nash, Duncan, James, Wade, Anthony, Artest, T-mac, J. O'Niel, R. Allen, Billups, G. Hill, C. Webb, Payton, Nowitzki, V. Carter, & Bosh.

Just wondering if anyone had a guess bout what they're worth?
kwyitkilla
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:37 pm    Post subject:

It matters from which set they are from. They could be from the Upper Deck Collectors Choice set, and those arent worth much. They could also be Topps Chrome, Finest etc... It just matters. To get an idea, figure out what card you have exactly, search for it on eBay and look at the buy it now listings prices. They should give you an estimate. I for one am a HUGE Kobe and Laker card collector. I am past the age where most kids collect cards, but I still enjoy collecting cards. I only collect Laker cards, nothing else. As for Kobe Rookie's, I have almost every rookie card of his, minus the very expensive ones. He has about 50-70 rookies(dont have the exact number), if you count the ones where hes in his high school uniform too. I think its a very enjoyable hobby, no matter what age you are, especially if you are a die-hard fan.
shanhax24
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: How much is a Kobe Bryant rookie card worth today?

bigshots2003 wrote:
I was going through all my old basketball cards from way back when and ran into my rookie players section. I used to be a junkie

Got a couple upper deck and various other Kobe's, Iverson's, and other notable rookie cards are Nash, Duncan, James, Wade, Anthony, Artest, T-mac, J. O'Niel, R. Allen, Billups, G. Hill, C. Webb, Payton, Nowitzki, V. Carter, & Bosh.

Not much,

going on for a couple dollars on ebay

around 10-30 max
kwyitkilla
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: How much is a Kobe Bryant rookie card worth today?

shanhax24 wrote:
bigshots2003 wrote:

Not much,

going on for a couple dollars on ebay

around 10-30 max

not necessarily, he has rookies that are 100 to 800 dollars
kwyitkilla
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:41 pm    Post subject:

Oh and his Topps Chrome refractor is worth about 2000
bigshots2003
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:42 pm    Post subject:

gotcha...so its safe to say the price range is pretty wide. thanks
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject:

Get a Beckett magazine..that's what I did back in the day. Are they even still around???
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
bigshots2003
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:44 pm    Post subject:

i got a couple players with the tops chrome refractors but not his rookie one. best player in those is probably john stockton, i think.
F123D
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

Like the above poster said, depends what set they are from. Collectors Edge is worth $4 while the Upper Deck (no subset) is worth $12.

Since we're talking about cards, I'll share my best Kobe card.. logoman patch card directly from a game used jersey numbered 1/1.

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t146/TVO_KOBECOLLECTION/Top%2024/IMG_0344.jpg

Last edited by F123D on Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
kwyitkilla
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

bigshots2003 wrote:
i got a couple players with the tops chrome refractors but not his rookie one. best player in those is probably john stockton, i think.

John Stockton was drafted in 84, Topps Chrome came out in the mid 90's...
F123D
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:46 pm    Post subject:

kwyitkilla wrote:

This one..

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t146/TVO_KOBECOLLECTION/Top%2024/IMG_0454.jpg
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject:

Some things that elevate the value. Did he sign it, is it pristine, is it NOT laminated? I'm not a collector but have friends that are and they say those things are value related.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
kwyitkilla
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:57 pm    Post subject:

F123D wrote:
kwyitkilla wrote:

This one..

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t146/TVO_KOBECOLLECTION/Top%2024/IMG_0454.jpg

Thats awesome man. Did you buy it or pull it from a pack?
kwyitkilla
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:59 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Some things that elevate the value. Did he sign it, is it pristine, is it NOT laminated? I'm not a collector but have friends that are and they say those things are value related.

If Kobe had signed it (exluding retail cards), it would lower the value of the card. He has no authentication from anyone that its a real signature, therefore lowering the value of the card. The only actual value it would hold would be sentimental value to the owner who met Kobe.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:02 pm    Post subject:

kwyitkilla wrote:
jodeke wrote:

If Kobe had signed it (exluding retail cards), it would lower the value of the card. He has no authentication from anyone that its a real signature, therefore lowering the value of the card. The only actual value it would hold would be sentimental value to the owner who met Kobe.

What if it's authenticated?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject:

Why not just check beckett's website:
http://beta.beckett.com/

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
kwyitkilla
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
kwyitkilla wrote:
jodeke wrote:

It would be hard to do, unless you had a picture of you and Kobe and him signing the card, that would help. I guess you could get it authenticated by an expert.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:23 pm    Post subject:

kwyitkilla wrote:
jodeke wrote:
kwyitkilla wrote:
jodeke wrote:

It would be hard to do, unless you had a picture of you and Kobe and him signing the card, that would help. I guess you could get it authenticated by an expert.

I have a box of old baseball cards. I went through them looking for one's signed. I didn't find any. How does it work? Is an original signed then a limited number duplicated with that signature?

kwyitkilla
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:12 pm    Post subject:

no they are all signed by the player, no duplicated. On the back of the card it would say something like "Congratulations you have received an authentic autographed card". Some are even numbered out of a limited number, like 50 or something.
bigshots2003
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:26 pm    Post subject:

kwyitkilla wrote:
bigshots2003 wrote:

John Stockton was drafted in 84, Topps Chrome came out in the mid 90's...

It wasn't his rookie card
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: How much is a Kobe Bryant rookie card worth today?

bigshots2003 wrote:

It really depends on the card, itself. Some are specialty, some are higher quality with a higher start rate for value, and it really matters to have the cards rated (you can have that done, and it's more than worth it if it's a card with good value in mint condition - check the corners). Indeed, having it rated shoots that value up like a bullet.

I have a specific Kobe rookie card that is my absolute prize. I also have a Shaq & Kobe court used card that is unbelievable (forum). The best card I ever saw? A Kobe / MJ signed card valued at $4,500.00. Sweet. But that was before Kobe won 2 more titles - and was the lead in one of them. Gotta wonder how much that sucker is worth today (especially since it was Kobe as 8 instead of 24) ...

Check out Beckets - it's a magazine that will tell you specific values. You may find out you have a very valuable gem in there ... or that you have crap. Lol. Good luck.
kobedagoat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:23 pm    Post subject:

well if you do have a card thats worth while you need to pay and ship it to either PSA or BGS to get the quality of the card graded which if you get a high grade raises the value of the card more and makes selling it easier.

my best kobe card is Kobes Topps Finest Rookie Refractor #74, with a PSA 9 its worth like 300 or more last time i checked
heheh1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:02 pm    Post subject:

kwyitkilla wrote:

Heheheh, got a few of those. Used to collect lots of cards as a highschooler, skipping laugh and all.
kakkara
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject:

kwyitkilla wrote:
no they are all signed by the player, no duplicated. On the back of the card it would say something like "Congratulations you have received an authentic autographed card". Some are even numbered out of a limited number, like 50 or something.

There are official authorities you can send the card to and they will examine it to see if the signature is authentic. they will send you a certificate when it's approved.
kakkara
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject:

kwyitkilla wrote:

There are official authorities you can send the card to and they will examine it to see if the signature is authentic. they will send you a certificate when it's approved.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: