Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:11 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Here's some help for you in inventing an internet persona:

People who lend money can and do give a specific type of lending they're in, and can do so without revealing their "high profile" identity.

No one in sales is making 300% profit, unless they're in some minute mom and pop operation, or some MLM scam. It simply won't work. Marking something that has any sort of legit demand up 4 times will cost you all your business, as competitors will easily undercut your prices. Even the MLM scams don't have you marking things up that much...

Entrepreneurs generally don't lead with their profit margin in describing what they do. It's an easily spotted boast that only an unsophisticated impostor would offer, and expect anyone to be impressed by. And again, they would give some sort of industry or product affiliation, since they would know that in the real world, saying "I sell stuff", and "I'm too high profile to tell you what", and bragging about profit margins will only tell the other person that they're full of (bleep).

Entrepreneurs also don't brag about how little they work. If anything, they tend to be proud of their hard work. Again, a rookie mistake, easily spotted as something someone who wants you to think they're big-time would say.

People who invest private money are also notoriously shy about it. So while being bashful about saying what you do might fit there, they usually give a generic title of some sort, and would never, ever, tell you how they are poolside making their money work for them, because it wouldn't fit with the whole low profile thing. It's a mixed bag you're giving us, one that has incompatible components.

I think he gave us a nice window into his fantasy though.

In his fantasy, he is insanely wealthy but does almost no work. He gets to be in a position of power, spending only a few minutes a day "barking orders" before retiring to his mansion to enjoy the spoils.

In actuality, he's probably the one getting barked at.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:13 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
24 wrote:

People who lend money can and do give a specific type of lending they're in, and can do so without revealing their "high profile" identity.

No one in sales is making 300% profit, unless they're in some minute mom and pop operation, or some MLM scam. It simply won't work. Marking something that has any sort of legit demand up 4 times will cost you all your business, as competitors will easily undercut your prices. Even the MLM scams don't have you marking things up that much...

Entrepreneurs generally don't lead with their profit margin in describing what they do. It's an easily spotted boast that only an unsophisticated impostor would offer, and expect anyone to be impressed by. And again, they would give some sort of industry or product affiliation, since they would know that in the real world, saying "I sell stuff", and "I'm too high profile to tell you what", and bragging about profit margins will only tell the other person that they're full of (bleep).

Entrepreneurs also don't brag about how little they work. If anything, they tend to be proud of their hard work. Again, a rookie mistake, easily spotted as something someone who wants you to think they're big-time would say.

People who invest private money are also notoriously shy about it. So while being bashful about saying what you do might fit there, they usually give a generic title of some sort, and would never, ever, tell you how they are poolside making their money work for them, because it wouldn't fit with the whole low profile thing. It's a mixed bag you're giving us, one that has incompatible components.

I think he gave us a nice window into his fantasy though.

In his fantasy, he is insanely wealthy but does almost no work. He gets to be in a position of power, spending only a few minutes a day "barking orders" before retiring to his mansion to enjoy the spoils.

In actuality, he's probably the one getting barked at.

It's easy to spot. It's what my teens imagine being rich and powerful would be like.
Lakers For Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:22 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:

I have no competitors, my line is exclusive and its high demand. Btw, I don't like talking about it, but you nagged me several times about it.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:24 pm    Post subject:

Lakers For Life wrote:
24 wrote:

I have no competitors, my line is exclusive and its high demand.

So what category would it fall into?

BTW, if it's that high demand, you wouldn't be exclusive...
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:25 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Lakers For Life wrote:
24 wrote:

It's such a high demand business that nobody else has thought to enter into it.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:28 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
24 wrote:
Lakers For Life wrote:
24 wrote:

I sell... stuff, yeah, that's it. I sell it exclusively at 100%, no 300% markup, yeah. I'm afraid to tell you what it is because... Im high profile, yeah, that's the ticket...
Lakers For Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:34 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
24 wrote:
Lakers For Life wrote:
24 wrote:

And the 300% I make off the product when I sell it, is not all profit. Of course there are expenses. But the easiest money is the interest I collect off the loans I give. Sure I have to work, mainly spending my money while you suckers are putting in time for a salary lol.
Tark the Shark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:35 pm    Post subject:

How 'bout them Raiders?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:36 pm    Post subject:

Tark the Shark wrote:
How 'bout them Raiders?

How many wins will they get this year?
Tark the Shark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:36 pm    Post subject:

Lakers For Life wrote:
ocho wrote:
24 wrote:
Lakers For Life wrote:
24 wrote:

And the 300% I make off the product when I sell it, is not all profit. Of course there are expenses. But the easiest money is the interest I collect off the loans I give. Sure I have to work, mainly spending my money while you suckers are putting in time for a salary lol.

How much do you make? How do I get a cut?
Lakers For Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:38 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
ocho wrote:
24 wrote:
Lakers For Life wrote:
24 wrote:

I sell... stuff, yeah, that's it. I sell it exclusively at 100%, no 300% markup, yeah. I'm afraid to tell you what it is because... Im high profile, yeah, that's the ticket...

Please. Now that everyone knows my profit margin, all they need to know is exactly what I do so they can quit their jobs and be my competitor. No thanks. I rather you stick to your job and continue to help myself.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:40 pm    Post subject:

Tark the Shark wrote:
Lakers For Life wrote:
ocho wrote:
24 wrote:
Lakers For Life wrote:
24 wrote:

Just take the things you've seen drug dealers and loan sharks do in movies, and wrap them up with a teenager's fantasy of what rich people act like, and you're there.
Lakers For Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:40 pm    Post subject:

Tark the Shark wrote:
Lakers For Life wrote:
ocho wrote:
24 wrote:
Lakers For Life wrote:
24 wrote:

My only advice, and I've posted this before, save your money and only spend it on something thats gonna make you more money. And don't stop until you reached your desired income.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:41 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Just take the things you've seen drug dealers and loan sharks do in movies, and wrap them up with a teenager's fantasy of what rich people act like, and you're there.

Lakers For Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:41 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Tark the Shark wrote:
How 'bout them Raiders?

6-7
Lakers For Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:44 pm    Post subject:

Lakers For Life wrote:
Tark the Shark wrote:
Lakers For Life wrote:
ocho wrote:
24 wrote:
Lakers For Life wrote:
24 wrote:

My only advice, and I've posted this before, save your money and only spend it on something thats gonna make you more money. And don't stop until you reached your desired income.

Of course posters like the stooges blow their money on rims and cars they barely can afford while living in moms attic.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:46 pm    Post subject:

Lakers For Life wrote:
Tark the Shark wrote:
Lakers For Life wrote:
ocho wrote:
24 wrote:
Lakers For Life wrote:
24 wrote:

I remember. You're the guy who claimed he could return 120k annually on a 40k investment.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject:

^BTW, that's only 200% GM, not 300%. Seems you've gotten better since then!
Lakers For Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Lakers For Life wrote:
Tark the Shark wrote:
Lakers For Life wrote:
ocho wrote:
24 wrote:
Lakers For Life wrote:
24 wrote:

I remember. You're the guy who claimed he could return 120k annually on a 40k investment.

The numbers are actually better. It all depends how you go about it. I can use my own money, or use someone elses.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:53 pm    Post subject:

Lakers For Life wrote:
24 wrote:
Lakers For Life wrote:
Tark the Shark wrote:
Lakers For Life wrote:
ocho wrote:
24 wrote:
Lakers For Life wrote:
24 wrote:

The numbers are actually better. It all depends how you go about it. I can use my own money, or use someone elses.

If you can return better than 200% annually, plus the principal, you would be the richest man in the world, since none of the heavyweights can even begin to approach that. Buffet is around 8-12% BTW.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Lakers For Life wrote:
24 wrote:
Tark the Shark wrote:
How 'bout them Raiders?

6-7
4 or 5 tops....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Lakers For Life wrote:
24 wrote:
ocho wrote:
24 wrote:
Lakers For Life wrote:
24 wrote:

Please. Now that everyone knows my profit margin, all they need to know is exactly what I do so they can quit their jobs and be my competitor. No thanks. I rather you stick to your job and continue to help myself.

If you are selling big amounts, there's already people who would be trying to horn in. That's the problem. On one hand you say you have this exclusive thing, which means no competition, but on the other hand you say if anyone found out, you'd have competition. That's an oxymoron. If nothing else, one of your customers would get in on it if it were that lucrative and high demand.

BTW, there's no such thing as secret high demand...
Lakers For Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Lakers For Life wrote:
24 wrote:
Lakers For Life wrote:
Tark the Shark wrote:
Lakers For Life wrote:
ocho wrote:
24 wrote:
Lakers For Life wrote:
24 wrote:

If you can return better than 200% annually, plus the principal, you would be the richest man in the world, since none of the heavyweights can even begin to approach that. Buffet is around 8-12% BTW.

Look, I'll take on the role of your mentor one more time. I don't loan money and get a 200% return moron. 300% is what I make off 1 item I sell. Then I have payroll, rent, re-investment in more products etc. They're called costs, expenses. Customers pay for the service thats made available, a product they want that works. You have no concept about business beyond your two man strawberry stand, Mr. VP.
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject:

Lakers For Life wrote:
24 wrote:
Tark the Shark wrote:
How 'bout them Raiders?

6-7

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject:

Lakers For Life wrote:
24 wrote:
Lakers For Life wrote:
24 wrote:
Lakers For Life wrote:
Tark the Shark wrote:
Lakers For Life wrote:
ocho wrote:
24 wrote:
Lakers For Life wrote:
24 wrote:

Look, I'll take on the role of your mentor one more time. I don't loan money and get a 200% return moron. 300% is what I make off 1 item I sell. Then I have payroll, rent, re-investment in more products etc. They're called costs, expenses. Customers pay for the service thats made available, a product they want that works. You have no concept about business beyond your two man strawberry stand, Mr. VP.

I was talking about your sales. I (properly) assumed the loan thing was even more transparent smoke. I'm talking ROI on your sales. If you can take 1 dollar of goods, and sell it for 4, even if you need a dollar per unit in expenses, you're doubling your costs in profit, bottom line. If you were in business at all, you'd know that return doesn't only apply to loans...

That's the problem with a fantasy you don't actually understand. No matter how aggressive you are at trying to back up the horribly flawed first offering, your lack of basic knowledge just digs you in deeper.

Last edited by Omar Little on Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6
Jump to: