Who Feels that Lamar Odom will be an All- Star this year??
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Feels tha Lamar will be and All-Star this year??
Yes
50%
 50%  [ 45 ]
No
49%
 49%  [ 44 ]
Total Votes : 89

KingKobeDubbz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject: Who Feels that Lamar Odom will be an All- Star this year??

I think in Lamar Odom's right he is an All-Star . His image was somewhat tarnished in his early days as a Clipper in the marijuana suspension. It was ironic in Lamar's right that he was the only one to really be under suspension in the NBA drug influence code. I mean many players in their times had been caught by law enforcement but they were never suspended by the NBA. Why did the Clippers decide to completely go on with the notification for to the NBA for Lamar being under the influence. Will never know. I mean there are ten NBA Superstars that I could call out and tell you a garantee that they spark up green trees if you know what I mean. I'm not hear to tarnish images of some kids heroes'. Lamar didn't do a crime he was just under a unbalanced mangement. No dissrespect to Elgin Baylor , but the Clippers under Sterling has never been a well respected team in the basketball world. Point Blank. Not at all speaking about the Clippers players. They had some great players but under Sterling it is hard to build a dynasty type of team . He always lets the great players go. (Odom, D.MIles,Q.Rich, Simmons.) They never have nothing to build on. Well it looks like as if he finnaly is getting the point starting off with real contracts for Corey and Elton.
Therefore learning from all the CLipper mistakes Lamar Odom has finnaly found his home back In Los Angeles. I mean has been playing All-Star quality basketball since his rookie year. He was going to be an All Star when he was CLipper but I am guessing with the suspensions and all he kinda got the bad end of the deal. Star player on losing team with a suspension. Well all of that is washed out now. Lamar is on a new chapter in his life . Back in L.A. With a new team . With the best player in the NBA as a teammate . With the best Coach in the world re-hired. AN a new role this season as a point forward facilitator. This year we shall see Lamar in All-Star weekend.
KwamesMyGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:13 pm    Post subject:

I dont know if he'll make the team but he will be a star and better defender this year

Los Angeles Lakers
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject:

no way.
Kobina returns
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject:

If Lamar puts up 18/10/5 and plays stellar defense while the Lakers are a top 3 seed, then he'll make it. Otherwise, I find it hard for him to make it.
SCAR
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject:

He needs to improve defensively to be an all-star in my book.
KingKobeDubbz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject:

I agree that he should average about 20/10/5 which he is fully capable of dropping. I mean Lakers being top three seed is a little bit too much. I mean we still gotta think about the Spurs, Kings , and Rockets. I mean seriously I think none of those teams I mentioned are a real threat. Only the Spurs. So I still gotta say that Lamar has a good chance of being an All-Star. Even if they don't make top three seeds in the West. They'll make the playoffs.
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:35 pm    Post subject:

sure why not?
Freakout
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:39 pm    Post subject:

I'm going with no but thats because I think there's just way to many forwards in the West that put up crazy numbers. Duncan and KG are locks. Then you have you AK47, Melo, Peja, Marion, etc.....that are always considered. He would have to put up career numbers in almost every stat.
twoface723
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject:

Hopefully.....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
Crazy LA Fan14
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject:

No. His stats will go down. Only possible way he will make the playoffs is if the Lakers do extremely well ie soncs/lewis
SoCalRebel
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject:

I can't see it happening.
Serious NBA Fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:40 pm    Post subject:

^^^ Me neiher. He has a lot of people to beat out and he has do it in half a season.... No way! Maybe next year though.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject:

He'll play worth of the All-Stars, but he won't be on the team.

Can you Imagine a front line of

KG/Duncan
Yao/Duncan
AK47/Odom

Well, at least in a game where they play defense.
B_P
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject:

SCAR wrote:
He needs to improve defensively to be an all-star in my book.

Exactly. I think he's going to have a brilliant year - offensively. Overall, I think this years squad is going to look soooooooo much better than last years squad, it won't even be funny - and one of the big reasons for that is because of Lamar Odom and his return to his natural position.

But in order for us to actually make some real noise this year, we're going to have to be able to DEFEND. Bottom line. We're going to have to develop a reputation as being a pressing, trapping, energetic defense-first team. And with Lamar's athleticism and length, there's no physical reason why he shouldn't be considered for one of the all-defensive teams this year.

Put it this way, we all know Lamar is going to to have a break-out year on offense this year, so I believe that if his defensive improvement can make more of an impact than his offensive improvement, he'll be an all-star - and we'll be back in the playoffs!
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject:

If him and Kobe play well together, I dont think people will vote for Kobe without at least giving Odom some thought. I mean R. Allen and R. Lewis both made it last year.
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject:

yeah, hopefully he makes it over marion
Gobias
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject:

Odom will have to have an amazing year to be a allstar you got kg, ak, marion and melo (who i dont think is that great but his popularity will get him votes)
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:23 pm    Post subject:

Personally I don't feel Lamar will ever be an all-star. There are just too many players at his position that are better than him.
kingpancake
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject:

As much as I like Odom, I think his stats will go down, but he'll contribute in more ways than he did last year--he points may go down, but he'll make the pass that starts the offense (maybe not even getting the assist) and he'll defend better. It probably won't translate well to All-Star recognition, unless he absolutely explodes, and/or everyone else has knee surgery.
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:11 am    Post subject:

But seriously, Lamar Odom is not an all-star.
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:19 am    Post subject:

The biggest obstacle standing between Lamar and the All-Star game could just be his versatility. He'll play, likely, 4 positions at different times, depending on the opponent, injuries, fouls, etc. and that might make it impossible to garner enough votes for any singl position.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:29 am    Post subject:

If Lamar is an all star, we got homecourt in the playoffs. THats all i need to say, because that would mean about everything has fallen into place, passing,D,rebound(4th least year by the way), and we all know scoring wont be a problem.
loseyourname
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:49 am    Post subject:

I don't know why people think Lamar's scoring will go down this year. His average last year was 2 PPG lower than his scoring average from the year before (when he played on a very low-scoring team). Caron and Chucky represent almost 30 PPG that will need to be replaced, and Kwame/Aaron McKie aren't going to make that up.
lakermax
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:54 am    Post subject:

It all depends on wins vs. losses...

If the Lakers are winning then Odom would have to be a huge part of that.

I say Lamar makes allstar only if the team has one of the best records in the west.

Otherwise it's just a popularity contest. Melo won't avg near the stats Odom will this year but he's more popular with fans.
BTF1969
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:04 am    Post subject:

I think he'll have an all star like year if he's healthy. Will he be voted onto the all star team is a different question. I hope that if he plays to his potential people can appreciate good basketball and vote him on the team.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: