Relax and Breathe, Put Down The Gun People.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hyena
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Relax and Breathe, Put Down The Gun People.

Embarrassing. One word to sum up tonight's game.

I didn't care about losing to Detroit, they have a pretty solid team that have made the playoffs +1 championship in the past 6 years.

I let the Indiana game go, last second shot, it goes in, it goes in, anyone's ball game.

If anyone thought we were going to win every game, home or away. You must be dreaming, or smoking something thats not legal. However, with that said, I DO would like to see Lakers winning against teams with LOWER then .500 records.

Tonight, though, wasn't the game we should have lost. Oh, and for the record, Sacramento is 6-16.
24KaratGold
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject:

2nd Amendment, I have the right to bear arms.
Hyena
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject:

Did you know justifiable homicide is now legal in CA?
uberzev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject:

24KaratGold wrote:
http://i38.tinypic.com/2zdvwpu.jpg
Brandon98
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject:

uberzev wrote:
24KaratGold wrote:

PauKoByn..err..DwiNash=ch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject:

Im breathing but im debating between the relax and gun part!
24KaratGold
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject:

uberzev wrote:
24KaratGold wrote:

doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject:

uberzev wrote:
24KaratGold wrote:

best laugh I've had in the last 2 hours .... thanks
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:58 pm    Post subject:

I have to take my anger that we won't win 80 games this season out on something...

Be right back, guys, kicking puppies...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakerfin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:09 pm    Post subject:

uberzev wrote:
24KaratGold wrote:

OK, so I'm a little slow.
suckycrapkins
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:19 pm    Post subject:

There are some real psychos on hear. If we 17 out of every 20 the rest of the season we will be in pretty good shape.
IPK
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:21 pm    Post subject:

uberzev wrote:
24KaratGold wrote:

hey Zev....I still need you to finish that album cover for me. Hit me up.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject:

24KaratGold wrote:

I love it !! No Ho Mo!

We need to all be cool like 24karat man , we lost to a team who we spanked 7 or 8 times in row.

We get our revenge on these dudes on Friday

aka ILLWiLL20

R.I.P PHIL
billstein
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:51 pm    Post subject:

suckycrapkins wrote:
There are some real psychos on hear. If we 17 out of every 20 the rest of the season we will be in pretty good shape.

That's true BUT we've lost 2 out of the last three and there has been a downward trend that has gone on now for awhile that is very disturbing. We are playing for one thing RINGS and this is not a championship team at the moment.

Teams have obviously figured us out and I'm not sure we have the defensive capabilities with the people we have to do anything about it. After supposedly concentrating so much on defense, how is our defense any different than last year? I'm so sick of seeing uncontested layups, dunks and 3 point shots with the closest defender being 8-10 feet away. It's so frustrating to hear them talking about defense and not playing any. Honestly look at the last couple of weeks and that 17-3 isn't as impressive in reality as it is on paper. Seems to me this is a 17-3 team that nobody is afraid of any longer. How can that be?
suckycrapkins
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:06 am    Post subject:

billstein wrote:
suckycrapkins wrote:

That's true BUT we've lost 2 out of the last three and there has been a downward trend that has gone on now for awhile that is very disturbing. We are playing for one thing RINGS and this is not a championship team at the moment.

Teams have obviously figured us out and I'm not sure we have the defensive capabilities with the people we have to do anything about it. After supposedly concentrating so much on defense, how is our defense any different than last year? I'm so sick of seeing uncontested layups, dunks and 3 point shots with the closest defender being 8-10 feet away. It's so frustrating to hear them talking about defense and not playing any. Honestly look at the last couple of weeks and that 17-3 isn't as impressive in reality as it is on paper. Seems to me this is a 17-3 team that nobody is afraid of any longer. How can that be?

We have not lost 2 out of the last 3. I'm not sick of this team at all. I am proud of the defending WC champion Lakers. I don't care if other teams are afraid of us or not. There is only 1 or 2 teams in the league who have a real chance of beating us in a series.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:36 am    Post subject:

Losses like this serve a greater purpose, that of decreasing the numbers on LG through attrition.

Downsize baby, only the faithful survive.
JJ81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:35 am    Post subject:

re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:31 am    Post subject:

24KaratGold wrote:
No, you read that wrong, you have the right to bare arms.
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:32 am    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
Losses like this serve a greater purpose, that of decreasing the numbers on LG through attrition.

Downsize baby, only the faithful survive.
The faithful and the emotionally stable.
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:35 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
I have to take my anger that we won't win 80 games this season out on something...

Be right back, guys, kicking puppies...
I'm calling the Humane Society...
browser1215
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:51 am    Post subject:

Chillout, we need more emotional unstable people that post "TThe Lakers Suck(NO DEFENSE, NO OFFENSE, NO COACHING)
" and "FIRE PHIL" to ridicule and incite 20 page posts. Otherwise, if people used logic and reason and see the big picture, this forum will be actually be too smart and no one would be posting.
billstein
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject:

suckycrapkins wrote:
billstein wrote:
suckycrapkins wrote:

We have not lost 2 out of the last 3. I'm not sick of this team at all. I am proud of the defending WC champion Lakers. I don't care if other teams are afraid of us or not. There is only 1 or 2 teams in the league who have a real chance of beating us in a series.

My bad. Lost 2 out of 4. I am also proud to be a Laker fan and have been for over 30 years through thick and thin. But I am not pleased with a team that is showing no defense when they talk about concentrating on defense. Who show no heart and no discipline. You can be proud about that if you want too. I can't. I'm thankful that I'm a Laker fan but can find no joy in how they've been playing AND I don't think it means I'm unstable because I point these things out.
LakerFan87
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject:

billstein wrote:
suckycrapkins wrote:
billstein wrote:
suckycrapkins wrote:

My bad. Lost 2 out of 4. I am also proud to be a Laker fan and have been for over 30 years through thick and thin. But I am not pleased with a team that is showing no defense when they talk about concentrating on defense. Who show no heart and no discipline. You can be proud about that if you want too. I can't. I'm thankful that I'm a Laker fan but can find no joy in how they've been playing AND I don't think it means I'm unstable because I point these things out.

It's 2 out of 5 actually.

14-1 going into Indiana (L)
14-2 going into Philly (W)
15-2 going into Washington (W)
16-2 hosting Milwaukee (w)
17-2 going into Sacramento (L)
17-3 hosing Phoenix tonight...
billstein
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:39 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan87 wrote:
billstein wrote:
suckycrapkins wrote:
billstein wrote:
suckycrapkins wrote:

It's 2 out of 5 actually.

14-1 going into Indiana (L)
14-2 going into Philly (W)
15-2 going into Washington (W)
16-2 hosting Milwaukee (w)
17-2 going into Sacramento (L)
17-3 hosing Phoenix tonight...

Dang! Thanks. I think I must have mentally blocked out a few of those games. Need to hire a research staff to check my stats.

Please don't get me wrong. I'm not one of these Lakers suck posters. I think they have great potential. I'm just so frustrated right now. I want them to play like they should. It bothers me when a team like Sacramento has absolutely no fear. This team should be making others tremble but now I'm afraid everybody thinks they have a shot at beating them. They've lost that mental edge they had at the start of the season.
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject:

*shoots you between the eyes* you just made my day, punk
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: