Only a Laker fan can turn on his team!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
curtains
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Only a Laker fan can turn on his team!

With all respect to all of you guys which i can see the love for lakers, i am not telling you what you guys ( mostly ) are doing across this board is wrong, neither it is my position to do so, but as a fellow laker fan and also a forum reader/ ( one in a month poster ) , i would like you guys to see how much hatred it is being generated here by fans toward their players....

You guys critize everything about lakers.

Lakers should not allow any points ! " We should be able to get a shut-out in a quarter at least "

"Bynum should work on his crossover "

"Derek Fischer Should not step across the 3 point line "

"Why does kobe miss any shot ? "

"Odom should grow some hair , because the light reflecting on his head is killing my eyes"

"Pau Gasol, should have been software engineer for Micro Soft"

And do you think you see this attitude across boston celtics forum ?

Sadly no, they all BELIEVE , even on a bad game, i see very few negative threads....

I remember last year, when lakers beat Jazz, utah jazz forum was full of threads of next year we will get them....

Now lakers lost last year, half of this forum became defensive coordinators and talk about this and that.....

Just think about it !
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Only a Laker fan can turn on his team!

curtains wrote:

Personally, I don't care about any Celtics forums.
minorbravo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject:

Until this team wins a championship everyone is entitled to be negative. What are we supposed to be, happy to have come in 2nd place to the Celtics?

The fans on this board, who some perceive to be negative, just want this team to be the best it can be. And until we beat the Celtics, we are still second to them, that alone is reason for fans to be negative and pissed off especially after barely beating scrub teams.
curtains
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Only a Laker fan can turn on his team!

what do you mean , until this team wins a championship, everyone can be negative...

Lets bash my son , criticize his moves and life , until he mounts to be something ? does that sound right? probably not...

Why not man up and accept that as a fan, and for your own sake, you can be optimistic and believe !
curtains
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Only a Laker fan can turn on his team!

activeverb wrote:
curtains wrote:

Personally, I don't care about any Celtics forums.

Want a cookie?
sone212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:00 pm    Post subject:

minorbravo wrote:
Until this team wins a championship everyone is entitled to be negative. What are we supposed to be, happy to have come in 2nd place to the Celtics?

Yes. At least in regards to last season.
Amara D'Antona
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:02 pm    Post subject:

Is that a filter messing up your title?
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:02 pm    Post subject:

It's called bandwagon syndrome.

It's not just the Lakers though. I have followed many other sports, and it's the most common thing amongst many fans.

They'll cheer you and call you god and be right there with you when you're winning.

But they'll also rip you, piss on you, take a huge load of poo right on those same guys if you're losing.

Granted LA fans are more suttle than say the Philly fans, but it's the same across most franchises and cities.

Personally, I used to take issue with it, but over time, I just kinda have started to enjoy reading and watching the flip-flopping from month to month. Oh, and I love how the media flip flops the exact same way.

What was that Kobe Bryant quote on Steve Hartman?

"Bandwagon man"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
curtains
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:09 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

It's not just the Lakers though. I have followed many other sports, and it's the most common thing amongst many fans.

They'll cheer you and call you god and be right there with you when you're winning.

But they'll also rip you, piss on you, take a huge load of poo right on those same guys if you're losing.

Granted LA fans are more suttle than say the Philly fans, but it's the same across most franchises and cities.

Personally, I used to take issue with it, but over time, I just kinda have started to enjoy reading and watching the flip-flopping from month to month. Oh, and I love how the media flip flops the exact same way.

"Bandwagon man"

Great man , thank you for response !
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:30 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

"Bandwagon man"

Agreed.

I visit WAY too many sports forums during the day.

Celtic fans and most of the NE at this point are some of the most egregious offenders.
Laker Lurker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Only a Laker fan can turn on his team!

curtains wrote:
what do you mean , until this team wins a championship, everyone can be negative...

Lets bash my son , criticize his moves and life , until he mounts to be something ? does that sound right? probably not...

Why not man up and accept that as a fan, and for your own sake, you can be optimistic and believe !

Where is that damm magic wand?- got to be here somewhere.
n9c
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Only a Laker fan can turn on his team!

curtains wrote:
With all respect to all of you guys which i can see the love for lakers, i am not telling you what you guys ( mostly ) are doing across this board is wrong, neither it is my position to do so, but as a fellow laker fan and also a forum reader/ ( one in a month poster ) , i would like you guys to see how much hatred it is being generated here by fans toward their players....

You guys critize everything about lakers.

Lakers should not allow any points ! " We should be able to get a shut-out in a quarter at least "

"Odom should grow some hair , because the light reflecting on his head is killing my eyes"

Sadly no, they all BELIEVE , even on a bad game, i see very few negative threads....

I remember last year, when lakers beat Jazz, utah jazz forum was full of threads of next year we will get them....

Now lakers lost last year, half of this forum became defensive coordinators and talk about this and that.....

Just think about it !

The difference? Relativity. They were garbage for over 2 decades and over night became a contender. When you match your last season's win total in 2 months you see nothing but optimism. This year theyre once again happy because they won last year and look like the best team this year.

Us? We've been spoiled by constantly being in the playoffs almost every year. We've won 3 titles this decade, in a row. We have the HOF coach with 9 rings, they have Doc Rivers. We have Kobe Bryant, they have Paulina Pierce. We've lost the last 2 Finals we've been in, with the most recent one of course to the worst possible team we could lose to. Laker fans are NOT happy with just making it to the playoffs or the Finals. We got embarrassed on national television in the deciding game and were hoping to see a different team this year, but all we have so far is the Same Old Lakers. And by Same Old Lakers I mean a team good enough to win the West, get everyone's hopes up, and fall short in the Finals. We were on the right track in the beginning of the season, but since then we've lost it. That is what's most frustrating.

Last edited by n9c on Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
suckycrapkins
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject:

minorbravo wrote:

The fans on this board, who some perceive to be negative, just want this team to be the best it can be. And until we beat the Celtics, we are still second to them, that alone is reason for fans to be negative and pissed off especially after barely beating scrub teams.

How long have you been a Laker fan? We cant win it every year that would be kinda unfair & then we would have even more h [AT] ters. After we win the title at the end of this year we will have won 4 titles in this decade & went to 6 finals. "Until this team wins a championship" is something that should be said on a Cavaliers site.
spickx
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:47 pm    Post subject:

Celtic haven't have a stretch of bad games since 2 years ago. There's nothing for Celtic fans to criticize about.

When you have team like the Lakers filled with TALENTS/POTENTIALS playing they are right now, any fan will get upset.
sone212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:52 pm    Post subject:

spickx wrote:
Celtic haven't have a stretch of bad games since 2 years ago. There's nothing for Celtic fans to criticize about.

There's always something to criticize. Always. The Celtics had a bad stretch in the playoffs last season. The best road record in the league last season and yet they didn't win their first road game until the conference finals.
JustSomeJoe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:57 pm    Post subject:

When your team fails to play to it's potential, or your front office fails to make moves to fill glaring holes, then you're going to (bleep) and moan. What's funny more than the folks trying to put their finger on the problems is the guys complaining about those who do.

If all was just peachy on the team, you'd have no bloody traffic here! You'd have about 5 threads: 1. Will Kobe win the MVP; 2. LO's +/- numbers are off the chart; 3. PJ should win coach of the year; 4. Drew should be an all-star; and 5. Pau's record since he came to the Lakers is da bomb.

Before you continue to try and paint anyone & everyone who discusses what they perceive as problems with the team and what needs to change in order to bring home the trophy, just remember that most of 'em were the same ones discussing the same damned things when the team was horrific and lead by Chucky Atkins... and yet they watched and followed.

Anyone who sticks around and follows a team as crappy as a few of those teams fielded just a few years ago deserves to be able to comment on a fan board without every other Tom, Dick, or Harry questioning their "fanhood" (as if such a thing mattered).
Laker_B89
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:35 am    Post subject:

There is a right to constructive criticism to make you're team more competitive and prepared for the long journey ahead (The Finals) and most Lakers fans want the Lakers to win.

Pointing out their weaknesses shows that we are not ready to face Boston again in a seven game series....we only want what is best for the Lakers to win.
Bynum4MVP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:21 am    Post subject:

Y'all can stay up late all night worrying about the Big Bad Celtics.

I for one am not scared of no Celtics.

I know the Celtics will beat them easily then you bandwagoners will realize this is the team of Destiny.

Only Laker fans can be so down on a team that is 18-3.
ice516tea
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:38 am    Post subject:

i feel how some posters think that our team should be more tougher and efficent...but like the dude said how can you be down on a team that is 18-3...yeah we all want them to attack the league in dominant fashion...but the record speaks for itself...we'll just have to prove that we can take boston or who ever on their home court, and try not to let history repeat itself...we're the LAKERS we should be afraid of no-one...LETS GO LA
irielight
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:52 am    Post subject:

I largely agree with the OP here, except for the comment about "defensive coordinators." To my mind that's why we're all here, to discuss the game of basketball.

What bugs me is the trade this guy or that guy talk. Everybody has a right to their opinions and I respect that, but it just seems crazy to me that people want to trade anybody (with the exception of perhaps players at the end of the bench) on a team that's 18-3 and just came off a trip to the NBA Finals after previously not making it past the 1st round.
Rick12322
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:58 am    Post subject: Re: Only a Laker fan can turn on his team!

curtains wrote:
With all respect to all of you guys which i can see the love for lakers, .....

Just think about it !

Some here use this outlet to vent emotions. You probably find that a bit disturbing. However, I hope it hasn't escaped your attention that some of us fans just like to share our observations about what the team's doing good and what they are doing bad, and maybe even offer suggestions on how to improve.

Just think about that !
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:11 am    Post subject: Re: Only a Laker fan can turn on his team!

curtains wrote:

You'd have a point if all that was said was stuff like that. But the fact is that most of the "negativity" you complain about is mostly made up of constructive criticism.

And given what has been going on, such criticism and concern is warranted.

Quote:

I don't give a ratsass what goes on a CELTIC board . . . and I certainly wouldn't want to be like one.

Can't see what anyone would even visit that place, much less do so on a routine basis . . . and the idea of wanting to emulate them is ridiculous.

Quote:

Just think about it !

No need to think about it . . . Clearly this board is full of people who want to win and will accept nothing less . . . "maybe next year" is a losers attitude.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:14 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

"Bandwagon man"

So people who discuss obvious issues and deficiencies are now "bandwagoners"?

Oh please, don't be ridiculous. I would expect better of you.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
minorbravo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:07 am    Post subject:

suckycrapkins wrote:

How long have you been a Laker fan? We cant win it every year that would be kinda unfair & then we would have even more h (@) ters. After we win the title at the end of this year we will have won 4 titles in this decade & went to 6 finals. "Until this team wins a championship" is something that should be said on a Cavaliers site.

Until this current team wins a championship, everyone is entitled to be "negative (critical)" of the team.

So in your view, because we won in previous years we're supposed to be OK with not winning a championship because "we would have even more h @ ters"?

I can't find the logic in that...

Last edited by minorbravo on Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:12 am; edited 1 time in total
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:12 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

So people who discuss obvious issues and deficiencies are now "bandwagoners"?

Oh please, don't be ridiculous. I would expect better of you.

Never said that.

There's discussing issues and deficiencies - which I am too - and I love to talk about basketball, Lakers basketball, period.

However what I think curtains is pointing to, is basically how many fans are the type who will love you when you win, hate all over you when you lose.

There's a big difference in discussing issues and just piss and moaning, whining like little babies. Look through any sports message board, and you'll see both.

Discussing an issue is like "Something is wrong with the Lakers defense .... what can be done about it"

Whining is "We need to make a trade, these guys have no heart, I hate this team, Lakers suck"

There's this false sense of entltlement to them owing you something personally or as if they've personally attacked you with their loss. I don't think that's a good way to react to a team you supposedly love. Not saying it's wrong or shouldn't happen, but I personally don't agree with that manner, and think it's being a bandwagoner. Doesn't mean you don't love the team, just seems you love to hate them just as much.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: