LakersGround.net To Go | User Feedback / Report a Bug

Minimum post count before starting a thread

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Minimum post count before starting a thread 
Author: LarryCoon 
Posted: 03/07 7:57 PM 

All,

We are currently experimenting with a new feature that requires users to have at least 100 posts before they can start a new thread. After we gauge the effects of this feature we will decide whether to keep it, remove it, or change the minimum post count.

Users who pad their post count in order to get to 100 will be dealt with in the harshest manner allowable. Consider this your one and only warning not to pad your post count.

Author: erisian 
Posted: 03/07 8:00 PM 

thanks larry

Re: New policy -- minimum post count before starting a thread 
Author: Marty 
Posted: 03/07 8:00 PM 

LarryCoon wrote:
All,

We are currently experimenting with a new feature that requires users to have at least 100 posts before they can start a new thread. After we gauge the effects of this feature we will decide whether to keep it, remove it, or change the minimum post count.

Users who pad their post count in order to get to 100 will be dealt with in the harshest manner allowable. Consider this your one and only warning not to pad your post count.

I think it's a great feature and I hope you don't remove it.

Thanks, LC and LG staff for making this happen!

Author: 10scott10 
Posted: 03/07 8:07 PM 

This is an amazing day. Thanks Larry

Author: LakersChamps04 
Posted: 03/07 8:08 PM 

YESSSSSSS

Author: City_Dawg 
Posted: 03/07 8:08 PM 

Just in time for the playoffs a.k.a Troll season.

Author: dhemmati 
Posted: 03/07 8:09 PM 

I think it should be either length of time as a member should be a year, or 100 posts, which ever comes first.

Also, is it possible that we can ask a mod for approval before starting a thread, and we get permission to do so?

Author: eLem3nt 
Posted: 03/07 8:10 PM 

In theory, I give this

hopefully this will work out just like planned.

Author: Lakersneuron 
Posted: 03/07 8:13 PM 

Yes Sir!

Author: lakerjoshua 
Posted: 03/07 8:20 PM 

What about post padding to get to 10k?

Serious though. Great idea.

Author: Mike D 
Posted: 03/07 8:21 PM 

Awesome.

Author: MedRomLaker 
Posted: 03/07 8:33 PM 

THANK GOD THIS WAS LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG TIME COMING.

Author: OregonLakerGuy 
Posted: 03/07 8:35 PM 

Author: FredG 
Posted: 03/07 8:37 PM 

Joy!

Author: GoldenThroat 
Posted: 03/07 8:39 PM 

Thank you Baby Jesus and Larry Coon! Not necessarily in that order!

Author: rst08tierney 
Posted: 03/07 8:41 PM 

100 post rule is King! I think other boards should learn from this masterful move.

Author: davidse 
Posted: 03/07 8:43 PM 

happy about that.

even more happy to see you post again larry - maybe it's just me, but i haven't seen you post lately, and even when it's procedural stuff like this - always glad to feel your presence here.

Author: kaoss128 

Finally! Great work guys!

Author: Tony Montana 

This has been a long time coming...

Author: Aeneas Hunter 
Posted: 03/07 8:49 PM 

LarryCoon wrote:

Thank you for adding that part.

Author: 20,000 

LarryCoon wrote:
All,

Author: 20,000 

encina1 wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:
All,

Author: Texas_Pete 
Posted: 03/07 8:51 PM 

This is good news. Devil's Advocate: anyone (especially a Laker hating troll) can participate in a game thread and have at least 20 posts. It would take about 5 games or so to reach the magical number of 100 - thus giving a troll free reign to post threads that causes division within LG. I hope that in addition to the minimum post count the intent of these posts are also considered (i.e. are the posts trying to incite a rise out of true Laker fans on this board). I'm just saying...good news regardless.

Author: El Daddy702 
Posted: 03/07 8:52 PM 

Good and Bad.

This sucks because the new fans that want to say hello with a new thread won't be able to, and also, long time lurkers won't be able to come out of the shadows and make some of their very good posts.

But it does get rid of the trolls, i guess.

Author: City_Dawg 
Posted: 03/07 8:52 PM 

Texas_Pete wrote:
This is good news. Devil's Advocate: anyone (especially a Laker hating troll) can participate in a game thread and have at least 20 posts. It would take about 5 games or so to reach the magical number of 100 - thus giving a troll free reign to post threads that causes division within LG. I hope that in addition to the minimum post count the intent of these posts are also considered (i.e. are the posts trying to incite a rise out of true Laker fans on this board). I'm just saying...good news regardless.

20 posts?

You can get to high 40's in one game, very doable.

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

LakersGround.net To Go | User Feedback / Report a Bug