LakersGround.net To Go | User Feedback / Report a Bug

Donations to LG Thread

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Donations to LG Thread 
Author: DancingBarry 
Posted: 12/09 9:04 PM 

Upgrade

While the LG server no longer gets locked up at 300 users on at once like the old one, it does get a flaky when we hit around 800+. Last night we set a record with 1,477 users on at once. Whenever there's a huge moment, you know it because of the tell tale phpBB: Critical Error that comes up.

We need to upgrade our server's RAM. This isn't cheap. The more we can raise, the better. There will also be some costs for installing and optimizing the site afterward. It's been a few years since we've had a fundraising drive. In fact, we did it when Pau was traded here. Seems more than appropriate to do it once again.

LG stepped up then with I think around $4K. If you're annoyed, angry and irked with the errors, now is the time to step up. Or if you just love LG and want to make it better, let's fix this.

You can donate any amount here:

LG PayPal Fundraising - Click Here

Thank you in advance.

Author: Mr. Zero 
Posted: 12/09 9:13 PM 

Author: .4 
Posted: 12/09 9:13 PM 

I think if every member can donate 10$, you can raise about 5-10k very quickly.

Author: Moses 
Posted: 12/09 9:16 PM 

Just donated y'all $10. I love this forum, so glad to be able to help a little bit towards upgrade it.

Author: .4 
Posted: 12/09 9:24 PM 

Moses wrote:
Just donated y'all $10. I love this forum, so glad to be able to help a little bit towards upgrade it.
Same

Author: Startrout 
Posted: 12/09 9:30 PM 

jsahmad1 wrote:
Moses wrote:
Same

Ditto

Author: Manu 
Posted: 12/09 9:31 PM 

DB, can you share any info on the current server specs? I work in Infrastructure IT and can potentially rustle up some hardware or get you guys in touch with some cheap resellers.

Author: Alpha 
Posted: 12/09 9:41 PM 

Manu wrote:
DB, can you share any info on the current server specs? I work in Infrastructure IT and can potentially rustle up some hardware or get you guys in touch with some cheap resellers.
.. and by "rustle up" you mean steal from David Stern's office, we can paypal you directly

Author: UscAllDay16 
Posted: 12/09 9:49 PM 

Just Donated 10$ tired of the critical error b.s.

Author: 1hu2ren3dui4 
Posted: 12/09 10:03 PM 

what's the total price tag we need to get to?

Author: k4lakers 
Posted: 12/09 10:13 PM 

Done!

Posted: 12/09 10:21 PM 

Manu wrote:

I'll have to track it down. I'll send you a PM later. Thanks.

Posted: 12/09 10:26 PM 

1hu2ren3dui4 wrote:
what's the total price tag we need to get to?

Really depends on how much we want to upgrade. We probably need at least $1K. Double or triple that would be better.

Author: 55 
Posted: 12/09 10:35 PM 

I appreciate all the effort you guys put into making this site work so well. It's our duty to help out.

$100.00

This feels like a Chabad Telethon. I'm just waiting for Jon Voight to make an appearance.

Author: OregonLakerGuy 
Posted: 12/09 10:47 PM 

I could only do $10, but it is done. Hope others can pony up more than this unemployed LGer.

Author: Watson 
Posted: 12/09 10:48 PM 

What if David Stern vetoes the server upgrade? Will we get our donations back? Or are we SOL?

Author: Manu 
Posted: 12/09 10:54 PM 

DancingBarry wrote:
Manu wrote:

I'll have to track it down. I'll send you a PM later. Thanks.

Sounds good, let me know. If I can't donate any hardware to help, I'll for sure donate some money.

Posted: 12/09 11:00 PM 

Thanks guys. 9 Donations so far.

Author: 32 
Posted: 12/09 11:16 PM 

Just donated. Thank you DB! Keep the great work!

Author: laker_guerilla 
Posted: 12/09 11:22 PM 

Donation lobbed and not just because of server crashes. DB game updates and 'cool story bro' alone are worth some scratch.

Championships.

Author: DaMuleRules 
Posted: 12/09 11:40 PM 

I'm in, and did an extra $10 to cover one cheapskate.

Author: Marty 
Posted: 12/09 11:54 PM 

Done.

Author: pkflyers 
Posted: 12/09 11:57 PM 

it wasnt much, but i donated

Author: Statcat 
Posted: 12/10 12:30 AM 

I'll donate as soon as my Paypal is reactivated, apparently it was deactivated awhile ago.

Author: urbanturban 
Posted: 12/10 12:33 AM 

$100....great site....keep it up!

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

LakersGround.net To Go | User Feedback / Report a Bug