LakersGround.net To Go | Trade and Free Agency Discussion


CP3 to Lakers? (Nope -Traded to the Suns)

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69  Next

CP3 to Lakers? (Nope -Traded to the Suns) 
Author: Nash Vegas 
Posted: 10/15 7:14 PM 
 
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2913545-nba-execs-see-lebrons-influence-over-lakers-leading-to-a-chris-paul-trade

Quote:
According to a league executive on the possibility of the Lakers pursuing a Chris Paul trade:

"Chris Paul would love to come back to L.A. I know it would be a dream come true for Chris...I know LeBron loves and trusts him, and he would be a good fit."


Quote:
Paul would give the Lakers a third scorer and playmaking depth, especially if they retain Rajon Rondo, who also plans to opt out, per Charania. The challenge would be the two years, $85.6 million left on Paul's contract (he can opt out of the final season but isn't likely to, given the $44.2 million payday).


Quote:
If James set his sights on Paul, the Lakers would have to send out five players: Kyle Kuzma, Danny Green and Quinn Cook, along with Avery Bradley and JaVale McGee, who need to opt into their contracts to be dealt. L.A. would also need to send its No. 28 pick in November's draft, signing that player before waiting 30 days to execute a deal in which the Lakers would offload almost $33 million in players salaries.


 
Author: Moses 
Posted: 10/15 7:17 PM 
 
I don’t see it personally, the salary is just too much to take on.

Someone like Oladipo is more likely, that’d be a nice pick up


 
Author: Inspector Gadget 
Posted: 10/15 7:17 PM 
 
Losing the depth would hurt but CP3 as your 3rd option is amazing.


 
Author: Jordan-esque 
Posted: 10/15 7:18 PM 
 
CP3 is making more than LeBron... that's 4x champion LeBron.

Btw, CP3 and Rondo as teammates...


 
Author: anth2000 
Posted: 10/15 7:19 PM 
 
Look at the math, people...

What do you do, trade Anthony Davis? Trade Lebron?

He is still owed $85 million for TWO years....lol...


 
Author: CRoost 
Posted: 10/15 7:21 PM 
 
Moses wrote:
I don’t see it personally, the salary is just too much to take on.

Someone like Oladipo is more likely, that’d be a nice pick up


Only it can happen is to sign and trade KCP in a huge 2 year deal along with Green , Kuz , THT and our pick this year.

And Rondo sign with the Clips.


 
Author: chantruong 
Posted: 10/15 7:22 PM 
 
anth2000 wrote:
Look at the math, people...

What do you do, trade Anthony Davis? Trade Lebron?

He is still owed $85 million for TWO years....lol...


From the FA thread I said it would take something like this without relying on S&T

DG
Kuz
28th
McGee (opt-in)
Bradley (opt-in)
Cook (Fully Guaranteed)

We all know 6 for 1 trades are very unlikely, even though AD trade was technically a 6 for 1. Also I think we would give up too much in terms of assets, depth, and salary flexibility with exceptions.


 
Author: Lonzo-Lite 
Posted: 10/15 7:25 PM 
 
Quote:
If James set his sights on Paul, the Lakers would have to send out five players: Kyle Kuzma, Danny Green and Quinn Cook, along with Avery Bradley and JaVale McGee, who need to opt into their contracts to be dealt. L.A. would also need to send its No. 28 pick in November's draft, signing that player before waiting 30 days to execute a deal in which the Lakers would offload almost $33 million in players salaries.


Sounds like a job for Daryl Morey.


 
Author: LakerDYnasty72 
Posted: 10/15 7:25 PM 
 
Jordan-esque wrote:
CP3 is making more than LeBron... that's 4x champion LeBron.

Btw, CP3 and Rondo as teammates...


My thoughts exactly!


 
Author: PostMalone24 
Posted: 10/15 7:25 PM 
 
I just don't see why you wouldn't do it I mean he's always wanted to be a Laker and it makes sense he wants to come here.

You just do it, CP3 is a top 20 player for sure maybe even top 15
This would almost favorite us to three peat.


 
Author: anth2000 
Posted: 10/15 7:26 PM 
 
chantruong wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Look at the math, people...

What do you do, trade Anthony Davis? Trade Lebron?

He is still owed $85 million for TWO years....lol...


From the FA thread I said it would take something like this without relying on S&T

DG
Kuz
28th
McGee (opt-in)
Bradley (opt-in)
Cook (Fully Guaranteed)

We all know 6 for 1 trades are very unlikely, even though AD trade was technically a 6 for 1. Also I think we would give up too much in terms of assets, depth, and salary flexibility with exceptions.


too complicated to happen...


 
Author: BandwagonLBJhopper 
Posted: 10/15 7:27 PM 
 
Hard pass - CP3 is aging and injury prone, and that contract those last few years would be a nightmare


 
Author: Lonzo-Lite 
Posted: 10/15 7:29 PM 
 
PostMalone24 wrote:
I just don't see why you wouldn't do it I mean he's always wanted to be a Laker and it makes sense he wants to come here.

You just do it, CP3 is a top 20 player for sure maybe even top 15
This would almost favorite us to three peat.


CP3 was a Laker.... for 2 hours.


 
Author: hoopschick29 
Posted: 10/15 7:32 PM 
 
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
PostMalone24 wrote:
I just don't see why you wouldn't do it I mean he's always wanted to be a Laker and it makes sense he wants to come here.

You just do it, CP3 is a top 20 player for sure maybe even top 15
This would almost favorite us to three peat.


CP3 was a Laker.... for 2 hours.


Basketball reasons...Biggest hater move in NBA History.


 
Author: PostMalone24 
Posted: 10/15 7:32 PM 
 
BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
Hard pass - CP3 is aging and injury prone, and that contract those last few years would be a nightmare

It's gonna happen I honestly see it going down I mean it would be one last hurrah for CP3 & LBJ before they retire and they're are pretty close buddys either way...


 
Author: AFireInside619 
Posted: 10/15 7:35 PM 
 
It’s fake I’m guessing. OKC wants more in return from the Knick, essentially creating a fake bidding war.


 
Author: activeverb 
Posted: 10/15 7:36 PM 
 
chantruong wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Look at the math, people...

What do you do, trade Anthony Davis? Trade Lebron?

He is still owed $85 million for TWO years....lol...


From the FA thread I said it would take something like this without relying on S&T

DG
Kuz
28th
McGee (opt-in)
Bradley (opt-in)
Cook (Fully Guaranteed)

We all know 6 for 1 trades are very unlikely, even though AD trade was technically a 6 for 1. Also I think we would give up too much in terms of assets, depth, and salary flexibility with exceptions.


It's really not a bad trade for us.

Cook and McGee don't matter.

We did fine without Bradley in the playoffs.

Green and Kuz had their moments but they really weren't anything special overall.

We'd still have the MLE to use.


 
Author: Four Decade Bandwagon 
Posted: 10/15 7:36 PM 
 
anth2000 wrote:
chantruong wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Look at the math, people...

What do you do, trade Anthony Davis? Trade Lebron?

He is still owed $85 million for TWO years....lol...


From the FA thread I said it would take something like this without relying on S&T

DG
Kuz
28th
McGee (opt-in)
Bradley (opt-in)
Cook (Fully Guaranteed)

We all know 6 for 1 trades are very unlikely, even though AD trade was technically a 6 for 1. Also I think we would give up too much in terms of assets, depth, and salary flexibility with exceptions.


too complicated to happen...


Complicated, yes. But not impossible. How many times have we seen this type of trade accomplished by other teams getting involved.

To be clear I hate this trade. Quality depth being one issue. But mainly because next season is unlikely to be the 31 game sprint that this season turned out to be. Even a shortened 20-21 season will have 60 games and then another 20-25 playoff games?

Skeptical Paul can get across the finish line. And even though he keeps proving me wrong I question if James can.


 
Author: governator 
Posted: 10/15 7:37 PM 
 
CP3 - KCP - Bron - AD - Dwight
Rondo- AC - THT - Dudley - Antetokumpo
min vet - min vet - Cacok

Like this? I mean that's one hell of a starting line up


 
Author: Raijin 
Posted: 10/15 7:37 PM 
 
BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
Hard pass - CP3 is aging and injury prone, and that contract those last few years would be a nightmare

Agreed. Gutting roster depth and taking on a small old PG, who may almost assuredly decline next season with an albatross contract doesnt seem like a good idea.


 
Author: danzag 
Posted: 10/15 7:38 PM 
 
Unfortunately I can't see it happening, $80M is a lot for a buyout or trade scenarios


 
Author: SGV-Laker fan 
Posted: 10/15 7:38 PM 
 
OKC has no interests in oblige to both CP3 and Lakers, they can care less where he wishes to end up. especially with the pieced we plan to send out are all trash.


 
Author: PostMalone24 
Posted: 10/15 7:38 PM 
 
activeverb wrote:
chantruong wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Look at the math, people...

What do you do, trade Anthony Davis? Trade Lebron?

He is still owed $85 million for TWO years....lol...


From the FA thread I said it would take something like this without relying on S&T

DG
Kuz
28th
McGee (opt-in)
Bradley (opt-in)
Cook (Fully Guaranteed)

We all know 6 for 1 trades are very unlikely, even though AD trade was technically a 6 for 1. Also I think we would give up too much in terms of assets, depth, and salary flexibility with exceptions.


It's really not a bad trade for us.

Cook and McGee don't matter.

We did fine without Bradley in the playoffs.

Green and Kuz had their moments but they really weren't anything special overall.

We'd still have the MLE to use.


Exactly If you can get a top 15 player which I believe he is you absolutely positively do it
idk how he led that OKC team to 7 a game series with Houston almost winning as well.
He's one of the last floor generals I feel they're dying off


 
Author: governator 
Posted: 10/15 7:40 PM 
 
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
OKC has no interests in oblige to both CP3 and Lakers, they can care less where he wishes to end up.


Kuzma, #28 plus DG/Bradley/McGee expirings might be financially enticing, Lakers basically shutting ourself from 2021 sweepstakes


 
Author: PostMalone24 
Posted: 10/15 7:42 PM 
 
governator wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
OKC has no interests in oblige to both CP3 and Lakers, they can care less where he wishes to end up.


Kuzma, #28 plus DG/Bradley/McGee expirings might be financially enticing, Lakers basically shutting ourself from 2021 sweepstakes


TBH I would rather have CP3 over Giannis we already have something better than him and it's AD3

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69  Next


LakersGround.net To Go | Trade and Free Agency Discussion