LakersGround.net To Go | User Feedback / Report a Bug


Lakers Ground servers or connection issues

Lakers Ground servers or connection issues 
Author: LBJ23 
Posted: 08/04 3:14 AM 
 
Any way to correct that? This was a bad free agency experience. Site is going to (bleep)


 
Author: The Nightbringer 
Posted: 08/04 3:18 AM 
 
This website running on tech that's over 20 years old probably isn't helping.


 
Author: Islandboy 
Posted: 08/04 3:39 PM 
 
The Nightbringer wrote:
This website running on tech that's over 20 years old probably isn't helping.


Who is in charge of this site?


 
Author: Go4thaGold 
Posted: 08/04 3:44 PM 
 
Let's all pitch in to HELP upgrade the servers! They desperately need some "pimp my ride" action. haha. Maybe we'll be able to post photos and different things as well.


 
Author: LakerSanity 
Posted: 08/04 3:46 PM 
 
Islandboy wrote:
The Nightbringer wrote:
This website running on tech that's over 20 years old probably isn't helping.


Who is in charge of this site?


Chad the bartender. He needed work after the regime change, and we took pity on him.

joking aside - there are times during the year (such as free agency, the draft or when a major trade is made) where the server is overrun. The rest of the year (even during the finals surprisingly) the site doesn't need the same bandwidth. Thus, doesn't make sense financially to upgrade just for a couple of days a year.

Of course, if we all want to pitch in and make DB a rich man, I'm sure that can be changed.


 
Author: Islandboy 
Posted: 08/04 3:49 PM 
 
Go4thaGold wrote:
Let's all pitch in to HELP upgrade the servers! They desperately need some "pimp my ride" action. haha. Maybe we'll be able to post photos and different things as well.


Maybe we should take baby steps.

1st step-Be able to access the site when 40 people are on.

2nd step-Acess when 50 are on...

Then we can look at photos and all the other perks from 2011 websites.


 
Author: Dr. Laker 
Posted: 08/04 3:57 PM 
 
I'd happily subscribe to LG as a paid site. That would provide the revenue for upgrades and greatly reduce the number of malefactors on here.


 
Author: jodeke 
Posted: 08/04 3:58 PM 
 
Go4thaGold wrote:
Let's all pitch in to HELP upgrade the servers! They desperately need some "pimp my ride" action. haha. Maybe we'll be able to post photos and different things as well.


That's one thing I hope LG never allows. I've visited other sites to see pages with self-aggrandizing photos that had little information on the subject. Pages with 3 4 posts filled with pictures hogging page space. No photos!!


 
Author: Don Draper 
Posted: 08/05 12:17 AM 
 
jodeke wrote:
Go4thaGold wrote:
Let's all pitch in to HELP upgrade the servers! They desperately need some "pimp my ride" action. haha. Maybe we'll be able to post photos and different things as well.


That's one thing I hope LG never allows. I've visited other sites to see pages with self-aggrandizing photos that had little information on the subject. Pages with 3 4 posts filled with pictures hogging page space. No photos!!


I think that's being a little conservative. LG already has an average age probably older than most forums and I personally don't see a problem allowing people besides mods to post videos and pictures.

Regarding site upgrades, I thought we actually did upgrade the servers like 6-7 years ago, I think I even gave money to the cause. It didn't improve the situation much for high traffic situations, though it did improve the daily experience (though frankly the site has gotten 100% more buggy than it was in 2005-2008, probably to do with ancient backend code that hasn't been updated to meet modern standards).

I do agree with the OP though, LG is popular enough to where modern servers shouldn't be an issue. And if it is, there's more than enough upper middle class and rich people on this site to crowdfund an upgrade.


 
Author: jodeke 
Posted: 08/05 2:57 PM 
 
Don Draper wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Go4thaGold wrote:
Let's all pitch in to HELP upgrade the servers! They desperately need some "pimp my ride" action. haha. Maybe we'll be able to post photos and different things as well.


That's one thing I hope LG never allows. I've visited other sites to see pages with self-aggrandizing photos that had little information on the subject. Pages with 3 4 posts filled with pictures hogging page space. No photos!!


I think that's being a little conservative. LG already has an average age probably older than most forums and I personally don't see a problem allowing people besides mods to post videos and pictures.

Regarding site upgrades, I thought we actually did upgrade the servers like 6-7 years ago, I think I even gave money to the cause. It didn't improve the situation much for high traffic situations, though it did improve the daily experience (though frankly the site has gotten 100% more buggy than it was in 2005-2008, probably to do with ancient backend code that hasn't been updated to meet modern standards).

I do agree with the OP though, LG is popular enough to where modern servers shouldn't be an issue. And if it is, there's more than enough upper middle class and rich people on this site to crowdfund an upgrade.

I've visited forums that allowed photos. You have to search through space taking, self-aggrandizing photos to find the message. It's a who can outdo who.

LG pages are saturated enough with lengthly quote trees. Adding space taking photos would ruin it for ME. I guess it's a matter of preference.

You can post videos in a LINK. that don't inundate the page.

LakersGround.net To Go | User Feedback / Report a Bug