LakersGround.net To Go | The Best Of...


Best Comedian Ever

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Best Comedian Ever 
Author: Omar Little 
Posted: 06/23 10:09 PM 
 
In honor of George Carlin's death (he hated the term passing), who do you rank as the all-time great comics. For me, in no particular order:

Carlin
Cosby
Bruce
Pryor



Of late, I enjoy Bill Maher and Louis Black (although he's really starting to get a bit overexposed)

Thoughts?


 
Author: unleasHell 
Posted: 06/23 10:17 PM 
 
Rodny Dangerfield!


 
Author: ocho 
Posted: 06/23 10:28 PM 
 
Carlin was the absolute best. The cadence, the delivery, his voice, the social commentary... Nobody has touched him imo.

Pryor is a guy who I never connected with. I've laughed at his bits before but I just don't see the brilliance.

Seeing Chris Rock in person was amazing. Talk about a guy who owes a lot to Carlin. Rock just OWNS the stage and has everyone in absolute stitches the whole time.

Another guy I saw who blew me away was Dave Chappelle. Big contrast between him and Rock/Carlin since he is more laid back while those guys thrived on their intensity.

I think Carlin is easily the best of all time.


 
Author: KOBE 2.0 
Posted: 06/23 10:54 PM 
 
No one touches Carlin.


 
Author: TNLakersFanInLA 
Posted: 06/23 11:05 PM 
 
Carlin
Bill Hicks
Denis Leary
Sam Kinneson


 
Author: TACH 
Posted: 06/23 11:24 PM 
 
In no specific order, here are my favs:

Eddie Murphy
Richard Pryor
George Carlin
Bill Hicks
Chris Rock (quote the truth Ocho, saw him at Radio City Music Hall)


 
Author: Free_Kobe 
Posted: 06/24 12:28 AM 
 
Wait, is it Stand up Comedian vs. Comedic Actors...
cuz they can be totally different sometimes.
Dana Carvey has a great stand up game, but his movies (at least solo) suck!

I am going with best Stand ups... but make it Best and Worst Stand up Comedians ever.

i got some for the worst... Dane Cook and Charlie Murphy
Best... of course, Eddie Murphy, George Carlin and Richard Pryor are up there.
but Robin Williams, Seinfeld are up there.

Some of my favorites that you dont always hear about are Jim Gaffigan, Russell Peters, Pablo Francisco and Gabriel Iglesias.


 
Author: Omar Little 
Posted: 06/24 1:27 AM 
 
Free_Kobe wrote:
Wait, is it Stand up Comedian vs. Comedic Actors...
cuz they can be totally different sometimes.
Dana Carvey has a great stand up game, but his movies (at least solo) suck!

I am going with best Stand ups... but make it Best and Worst Stand up Comedians ever.

i got some for the worst... Dane Cook and Charlie Murphy
Best... of course, Eddie Murphy, George Carlin and Richard Pryor are up there.
but Robin Williams, Seinfeld are up there.

Some of my favorites that you dont always hear about are Jim Gaffigan, Russell Peters, Pablo Francisco and Gabriel Iglesias.


How could i forget Robin Williams?!


 
Author: k4lakers 
Posted: 06/26 6:02 AM 
 
Eddie Murphy
George Carlin
Richard Pryor
Sinbad


 
Author: Omar Little 
Posted: 06/26 5:45 PM 
 
k4lakers wrote:
Eddie Murphy
George Carlin
Richard Pryor
Sinbad


Sinbad? SINBAD??? You'd probably sit through a gallagher/carrot top double feature


 
Author: easybreeze 
Posted: 06/26 6:23 PM 
 
Kinda hard to come up with a top 5 for me. Not in any order.


D.L Hughley
Dave Chappelle
Robin Williams
Earthquake **
Richard Pryor

** Not well known , but is insane.


 
Author: TNLakersFanInLA 
Posted: 06/26 7:01 PM 
 
More important question... how come their aren't any new comedians that are any good.


 
Author: frijolero01 
Posted: 06/26 9:26 PM 
 
Carlin (R.I.P. Why couldn't it be Dane Cook instead?!)
Cosby
Pryor
Rock
Chapelle


 
Author: REPPIN 818 
Posted: 07/12 6:45 AM 
 
TNLakersFanInLA wrote:
More important question... how come their aren't any new comedians that are any good.


Dane Cook.








LOL!


 
Author: TNLakersFanInLA 
Posted: 07/12 7:19 AM 
 
REPPIN 818 wrote:
TNLakersFanInLA wrote:
More important question... how come their aren't any new comedians that are any good.


Dane Cook.



LOL!


Can't argue there


 
Author: marloveslakers24 
Posted: 07/12 7:36 AM 
 
Kat Williams.






hands down.


 
Author: Omar Little 
Posted: 07/13 6:24 AM 
 
marloveslakers24 wrote:
Kat Williams.






hands down.


The topic was about best ever. Kat williams doesn't even stand out in today's crop. In 15 years, no one wil know who he was...


 
Author: 36OFerrari 
Posted: 07/13 9:34 AM 
 
Carlin was one of my favs

dave Chappelle, Chris Rock, seinfield, larry david. There are a couple others without a doubt.

I do not like Mencia at all, his first show was decent but the guy ran out of material and thinks he is edgy when he's just being annoying, repeating the same stuff.


 
Author: Skate 
Posted: 07/14 4:04 AM 
 
TACH wrote:
In no specific order, here are my favs:

Eddie Murphy
Richard Pryor
George Carlin
Bill Hicks
Chris Rock (quote the truth Ocho, saw him at Radio City Music Hall)


I would just add Dave Chappelle and Robin Williams to that list.


 
Author: Gellollo 
Posted: 07/18 6:16 AM 
 
Mike Myers?


 
Author: mike_dee23 
Posted: 07/18 10:37 AM 
 
Dave Chappelle is absolutely HIlarious. I watched Raw for the first time in years the other day and didn't think much of it was that funny. Maybe it's just different tastes for a different era.


 
Author: TNLakersFanInLA 
Posted: 07/18 1:51 PM 
 
Why am I the only one who mentioned Bill Hicks...? Shame on you all.


 
Author: TACH 
Posted: 07/18 3:03 PM 
 
TNLakersFanInLA wrote:
Why am I the only one who mentioned Bill Hicks...? Shame on you all.


Hey, read my earlier post....


 
Author: TACH 
Posted: 07/18 3:05 PM 
 
skate wrote:
TACH wrote:
In no specific order, here are my favs:

Eddie Murphy
Richard Pryor
George Carlin
Bill Hicks
Chris Rock (quote the truth Ocho, saw him at Radio City Music Hall)


I would just add Dave Chappelle and Robin Williams to that list.


Definitely an over sight on my part... David should definitely be on my list...


 
Author: TNLakersFanInLA 
Posted: 07/18 3:05 PM 
 
TACH wrote:
TNLakersFanInLA wrote:
Why am I the only one who mentioned Bill Hicks...? Shame on you all.


Hey, read my earlier post....


Hahaha gotcha. At least someone here has their head on straight. Great minds think alike!

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next


LakersGround.net To Go | The Best Of...