Best brand of flat screen? Please help
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tottenham
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject:

This month's Consumer Reports does flat panels and they rave above this particular Panasonic model.

50 Inch Plasma

Panasonic TH-50PZ7OOU 1080P
Panasonic TH-50PX75U 720P

42 Inch Plasma

Panasonic Th-42PX77U

The consumer reports magazine also like Samsung and Sony but much else.....
Tottenham
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject:

jamas33 wrote:
Sears is running a special? Hope you have a Costco card. Best place to get Plasma or LCD. 90 day return and prices that compete with anything out there. Sony Bravia 46 LCD 1080p for about 2399.99

That is the baby I want right there.......
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject:

^Isn't that a little high for a 46" lcd television? For that type of money 50" plasma.

Best flat screens: Samsung is the best. Pioneer, panasonic, and phillips after that.

Not to buy: LG. Terrible. I have had alot of problems with my LG plasma, and have read alot of consumer reports that correlate with my problems. One more problem and BB has to replace my tv. I can't wait.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject:

oldschool32 wrote:
^Isn't that a little high for a 46" lcd television? For that type of money 50" plasma.

Best flat screens: Samsung is the best. Pioneer, panasonic, and phillips after that.

Not to buy: LG. Terrible. I have had alot of problems with my LG plasma, and have read alot of consumer reports that correlate with my problems. One more problem and BB has to replace my tv. I can't wait.

Would a shoe thrown through the screen constitute a problem they have to fix?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject:

Sony LCD's have a history of backlight issues (bleeding, uniformity). Not sure if the new XBR4/5 fixes that.

Sharp LCD's have a bad history of banding.

Samsung LCD have the best record recently for not having serious issues.

The 65 series has plasma like black levels.

The 71 series takes what the 65 series has and adds even better blacks and 120hz processing.

The 81 series adds local dimming to the 71 series.

The Pioneer 80 series have the flat out best picture right now, no comparison. Great blacks and color accuracy.

Panasonic plasmas have great black levels but got beat this year by the Pio 80 series. They also have a tendency to push reds and greens.

Samsung plasmas don't have quite as good of black levels as the Panny (but you would have to have them side by side to notice) but have better color accuracy and more picture controls.

720p vs 1080p. The difference depends on the size of the screen and your seating distance.

Seating distance chart

Check Fry's local ads, usually have the best prices and sometimes you can get BB and CC to price match.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject:

encina1 wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:

Would a shoe thrown through the screen constitute a problem they have to fix?

I'll add that to my list of ideas.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> The Best Of... All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: