Top 10 Sports Matchups You'd Want To See
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject:

^^ Dude, you and I both know Mike is not the most stable person... his mental issue have been documented even before he moved out the Catskill to train with Cuss.

Teddy Atlas Interview with Charlie Rose from 1996
NOTE: The interview is 20 minutes long, not 57 minutes

Quote:
Before the infamous second Tyson-Holyfield fight at a party, Atlas stood up and claimed that if Tyson knew he was behind he would start fouling Holyfield to get disqualified. Later in the fight when Tyson bit Holyfield's left ear, leading to the disqualification, Atlas admitted he was not shocked.

And why did Teddy know this, because he knew Tyson! And don't give me 'but I'm talking about his prime' garbage.... Teddy knew Tyson was weak minded... a mental midget, going all the way back to his day with Tyson in the Catskills....

Please watch with an open mind and remember this guy worked with Tyson, side by side... to the point where he had to threat Tyson's life (which is why Cuss got rid of him).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Bballguru5000
Star Player
Star Player

Location: Born and Raised in Los Angeles, now living in Manhattan, NY.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: Top 10 Sports Matchups You'd Want To See

LuxuryBrown wrote:

No, you missed my point: They're all capable of landing punches because they're trained to punch, so no punch thrown or landed would be lucky.

Like I said, you took my "lucky punch" reference too literally. I didn't mean it to mean a boxer would just blindly start swinging and hoping to connect with a hard blow. But at any time, a boxer can catch another off guard with a hard blow to knock them down. No one was immuned to this in their career, save for a few fighters.

LuxuryBrown wrote:

And maybe Ali wouldn't be "scared" but he'd certainly be very worried and concerned with Mike Tyson's speed, power, and ferociousness. See, this is another example of people thinking Ali never feared no one. Ever. People act like Ali would just run up to Mike and just knock him out because "He never feared any boxer ever". Don't let the boastful ways and antics of Ali trick you into thinking he was never worried or cautious of anyone.

If Ali was fighting in Tyson's prime era, he'd be VERY MUCH AWARE of what Tyson's capable of doing and he would be VERY MUCH WORRIED about getting hit by Tyson. Ali's no fool. He said he was very much worried about Foreman's power It's the myth of Ali that has some people thinking he didn't fear any fighter.

I never said Ali wouldn't be worried. It doesn't take a sports psychologist to see that Ali was very worried before the bell for round one versus Foreman. It's apparent on his face.
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject:

TACH wrote:
^^ Dude, you and I both know Mike is not the most stable person... his mental issue have been documented even before he moved out the Catskill to train with Cuss.

Quote:
Before the infamous second Tyson-Holyfield fight at a party, Atlas stood up and claimed that if Tyson knew he was behind he would start fouling Holyfield to get disqualified. Later in the fight when Tyson bit Holyfield's left ear, leading to the disqualification, Atlas admitted he was not shocked.

And why did Teddy know this, because he knew Tyson! And don't give me 'but I'm talking about his prime' garbage.... Teddy knew Tyson was weak minded... a mental midget, going all the way back to his day with Tyson in the Catskills....

Please watch with an open mind and remember this guy worked with Tyson, side by side... to the point where he had to threat Tyson's life (which is why Cuss got rid of him).

Again: Tach, name the fight during his prime when he proved to be a "mental midget".
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:08 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Like I said, you took my "lucky punch" reference too literally. I didn't mean it to mean a boxer would just blindly start swinging and hoping to connect with a hard blow. But at any time, a boxer can catch another off guard with a hard blow to knock them down

And again, which is why I said there are no lucky punches because ALL boxers are trained to punch.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:19 pm    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
TACH wrote:

Quote:

Again: Tach, name the fight during his prime when he proved to be a "mental midget".

No need to show you a fight, you just heard it from his former trainer's mouth...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject:

wouldn't the Buster fight qualify?

A prime Tyson under preparing and being over confident to the point that he got knocked out by a scrub?

And of course biting a man's ear because he was getting his ass kicked.

A prime Tyson was a beast but he lost nearly every big fight.
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject:

TACH wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
TACH wrote:

Quote:

No need to show you a fight, you just heard it from his former trainer's mouth...

And the reason why you can't show me a fight is because he was never a mental midget in his prime in any of his fights. Fact. Case closed.
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
wouldn't the Buster fight qualify?

A prime Tyson under preparing and being over confident to the point that he got knocked out by a scrub?

And of course biting a man's ear because he was getting his ass kicked.

A prime Tyson was a beast but he lost nearly every big fight.

Then if you're gonna call "undertraining" an example of being a "mental midget" then a ton of fighters would qualify, especially Lennox Lewis. So undertraining isn't an example of being a mental midget.

The ear biting - after his prime.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
TACH wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
TACH wrote:

Quote:

And the reason why you can't show me a fight is because he was never a mental midget in his prime in any of his fights. Fact. Case closed.
No, you just choose the believe what you want to believe.

Case close? Again, your are just ignoring the facts. His own trainer said Mike has mental issues. HIS OWN TRAINER WHO TRAINED HIM DURING HIS 'PRIME' said this, yet you chose to ignore it. Like I said, if Ali fought Tyson in his 'PRIME' he would would break down Tyson mentally, then physically.

And in regard to Tyson 'PRIME'... being that it only last 5 years (age 25), should tell you something as well (86-91), right.... but you refuse to listen to anybody in this situation (Ring Magazine is bias towards Ali when they say Ali would beat Tyson; LB knows better than his own trainer that basically said he was a mental midget). BTW, Ali 'Prime' was from '62 to '77.

Quote:
The details of the accident on Sunday, Sept. 4—and all that led up to it—were spelled out first in the New York Daily News and have since been independently corroborated. Tyson, preparing for a scheduled Oct. 22 title fight with Frank Bruno in London, had just completed his roadwork for the day when he phoned his wife's Manhattan apartment. They had been arguing for weeks. She wanted to be in the city to see the U.S. Open tennis championships. He felt out of place with the cosmopolitan tennis crowd and wanted her back in the mountains. He begged her repeatedly to return. Then, on Thursday, he threatened to kill her. The next day he warned Robin that he would kill her, then take his own life. As if to lend weight to the threats, Tyson ordered two shotguns delivered to his Catskill camp. Unless Givens came back, he reportedly told her on Sunday afternoon, "I'm going to go out and kill myself. I'm going to crash my car." Then Tyson got into his wife's silver BMW, took aim at a large horse chestnut and stamped on the gas pedal.

Yup, no metal issues there....

Quote:
Quickly, Givens and Roper arranged for a private room at Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center in Manhattan, where Tyson could be treated by Dr. Henry L. McCurtis, a prominent psychiatrist. Mother and daughter had been pressing Tyson to seek help from McCurtis for several weeks. He had always refused, and when the psychiatrist arrived with a neurologist, he accorded them a harsh welcome: "Tyson told them to get out or he'd kill them," according to a source who was in the room at the time.

Hmmm ummm... words and actions of a sane man....

Quote:
Last June, after knocking out Michael Spinks in Atlantic City, Tyson took a 10-day vacation in the Bahamas, staying at a Paradise Island hotel owned by Donald Trump. There was a fight in which Tyson reportedly hit both his wife and a woman tennis professional. Security guards were summoned and dismissed the matter as a "domestic dispute." Givens, says a source close to the incident, was left with a black eye and a swollen jaw. Since then, Tyson has reportedly boasted of learning to strike Givens with the side of his hand, leaving no visible bruise.

Again, actions of a sane man....

Quote:
Back in September 1980, Tyson was enrolled in the eighth grade at Catskill High School. One day he went into the lunchroom at 10 a.m. and demanded to be fed. When he was refused, he started flinging cartons of milk against the wall. Another time, he assaulted a teacher. Then, in the fall of 1982, when Mike was 16, he allegedly "took liberties with someone's physical body," as Atlas puts it. The "body," according to two sources, belonged to a teenage girl. (prologue to what was to come)

I guess he was just misunderstood, and not having mental issues... hell don't we all throw milk cartons against the wall in school at 10am in morning because we are hungry...

All those incident happened before 1989...

And what Buster did to him, in his 'prime', was never done to Ali in his 'prime', and Ali didn't fight bums like Tyson... Ali didn't duck anybody, like Tyson.

But hey, believe what you want, the rest of us will believe what we want.
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject:

TACH wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
TACH wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
TACH wrote:

Quote:

Case close? Again, your are just ignoring the facts. His own trainer said Mike has mental issues. HIS OWN TRAINER WHO TRAINED HIM DURING HIS 'PRIME' said this, yet you chose to ignore it. Like I said, if Ali fought Tyson in his 'PRIME' he would would break down Tyson mentally, then physically.

And in regard to Tyson 'PRIME'... being that it only last 5 years (age 25), should tell you something as well (86-91), right.... but you refuse to listen to anybody in this situation (Ring Magazine is bias towards Ali when they say Ali would beat Tyson; LB knows better than his own trainer that basically said he was a mental midget). BTW, Ali 'Prime' was from '62 to '77.

Quote:
The details of the accident on Sunday, Sept. 4—and all that led up to it—were spelled out first in the New York Daily News and have since been independently corroborated. Tyson, preparing for a scheduled Oct. 22 title fight with Frank Bruno in London, had just completed his roadwork for the day when he phoned his wife's Manhattan apartment. They had been arguing for weeks. She wanted to be in the city to see the U.S. Open tennis championships. He felt out of place with the cosmopolitan tennis crowd and wanted her back in the mountains. He begged her repeatedly to return. Then, on Thursday, he threatened to kill her. The next day he warned Robin that he would kill her, then take his own life. As if to lend weight to the threats, Tyson ordered two shotguns delivered to his Catskill camp. Unless Givens came back, he reportedly told her on Sunday afternoon, "I'm going to go out and kill myself. I'm going to crash my car." Then Tyson got into his wife's silver BMW, took aim at a large horse chestnut and stamped on the gas pedal.

Quote:
Quickly, Givens and Roper arranged for a private room at Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center in Manhattan, where Tyson could be treated by Dr. Henry L. McCurtis, a prominent psychiatrist. Mother and daughter had been pressing Tyson to seek help from McCurtis for several weeks. He had always refused, and when the psychiatrist arrived with a neurologist, he accorded them a harsh welcome: "Tyson told them to get out or he'd kill them," according to a source who was in the room at the time.

Quote:
Last June, after knocking out Michael Spinks in Atlantic City, Tyson took a 10-day vacation in the Bahamas, staying at a Paradise Island hotel owned by Donald Trump. There was a fight in which Tyson reportedly hit both his wife and a woman tennis professional. Security guards were summoned and dismissed the matter as a "domestic dispute." Givens, says a source close to the incident, was left with a black eye and a swollen jaw. Since then, Tyson has reportedly boasted of learning to strike Givens with the side of his hand, leaving no visible bruise.

Quote:
Back in September 1980, Tyson was enrolled in the eighth grade at Catskill High School. One day he went into the lunchroom at 10 a.m. and demanded to be fed. When he was refused, he started flinging cartons of milk against the wall. Another time, he assaulted a teacher. Then, in the fall of 1982, when Mike was 16, he allegedly "took liberties with someone's physical body," as Atlas puts it. The "body," according to two sources, belonged to a teenage girl. (prologue to what was to come)

I guess he was just misunderstood, and not having mental issues... hell don't we all throw milk cartons against the wall in school at 10am in morning because we are hungry...

And what Buster did to him, in his 'prime', was never done to Ali in his 'prime', and Ali didn't fight bums like Tyson... Ali didn't duck anybody, like Tyson.

C'mon, dawg. Stop all the stalling. Name a fight during his prime where he displayed signs of being a "mental midget". How hard is that? OH! I know why - THERE ISN'T ANY!

THAT'S why you don't want to answer the question, bruh. Just admit it and we can move on from it, no need to post how much of a troubled person he is. We ALL know that. But during his prime fighting years, you have absolutely zero proof that he was a mental midget. None. Zero. Nada. Zilch.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject:

^^Because he fought a bunch of nobody's in his prime... Who was Tyson greatest challenged (beside Buster Douglas ) in his prime? And when he did fight someone of note, it completely showed... but of course that was 'outside of his 5 year prime' (which is a joke in itself being that he fought up until 2005, some 29 years, yet his prime is 5 year , give me a break).

Again, why do I need to show you a fight when I have his trainer saying! His actual trainer.

So nobody is stalling, you just don't want to except that your boy would lost in a fight to Ali, the experts say, his former trainer says it, most on this board says...

Mike has been and always will be a mental midget. You can either except that or keeping lying to yourself, the choice is yours. Either way, Ali beats Tyson.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
TACH wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
TACH wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
TACH wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

C'mon, dawg. Stop all the stalling. Name a fight during his prime where he displayed signs of being a "mental midget". How hard is that? OH! I know why - THERE ISN'T ANY!

THAT'S why you don't want to answer the question, bruh. Just admit it and we can move on from it, no need to post how much of a troubled person he is. We ALL know that. But during his prime fighting years, you have absolutely zero proof that he was a mental midget. None. Zero. Nada. Zilch.

At least Mike knew how to quit when he was getting his ass beat
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Again, why do I need to show you a fight

Don't worry, bruh...I already know WHY you refuse to man up on that one, so we're cool.
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
At least Mike knew how to quit when he was getting his ass beat

And to that, at least Mike knew when he had "undertrained" for a fight as well .
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:15 am    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
Quote:
Again, why do I need to show you a fight

Don't worry, bruh...I already know WHY you refuse to man up on that one, so we're cool.

Man up? I only produce the man's trainer that said the same exact thing that I and many other have posted... but because you will not admit that Tyson was a mental midget. Mind you this is the same trainer that predicted if Tyson fallen behind against Holyfield Tyson would some how get himself disqualified. Now unless Atlas is the real Ms. Cleo, how the hell do you think he came to the conclusion prior to the fight? Hmmm... I wonder? Can you anwser that question? Why did Tyson duck Lewis in his 'prime'? Dare, I say he was more that 'worried', that he was scared?

Face it, your boy faced zero competition and when it was time fight some, he got his ass kicked.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:08 am    Post subject:

TACH wrote:
Why did Tyson duck Lewis in his 'prime'? Dare, I say he was more that 'worried', that he was scared?

with good reason. when he finally did face Lewis he ended up with a face that looked like ground beef.
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:20 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
TACH wrote:
Why did Tyson duck Lewis in his 'prime'? Dare, I say he was more that 'worried', that he was scared?

with good reason. when he finally did face Lewis he ended up with a face that looked like ground beef.

There's no way you can possibly compare 2002 Tyson to Prime Tyson. Not even the same boxer, let alone the same person. His "fight" was gone. His skills were greatly diminished. He was beyond headcase. A shell of his former self.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:35 am    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
ocho wrote:
TACH wrote:

There's no way you can possibly compare 2002 Tyson to Prime Tyson. Not even the same boxer, let alone the same person. His "fight" was gone. His skills were greatly diminished. He was beyond headcase. A shell of his former self.

IMO Mike wouldn't have been able to handle Lewis' long jab much better in his prime. What years do you consider his prime btw?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:45 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
ocho wrote:
TACH wrote:

IMO Mike wouldn't have been able to handle Lewis' long jab much better in his prime. What years do you consider his prime btw?

He couldn't handle a post-prime Holyfield in his prime...
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
LuxuryBrown wrote:
ocho wrote:
TACH wrote:

And IMO, Lewis wouldn't be able to handle Mike's aggressiveness, power and speed. Mike fought and beat guys with reach/jab. Mike would just go through the jab and apply a bum-rush on his opponent. The only person I saw really use their jab to affect a prime Mike Tyson was Buster. And I see Mike's prime from 86-91. After he got locked up, his skill, desire, and mind began to diminish.
Bballguru5000
Star Player
Star Player

Location: Born and Raised in Los Angeles, now living in Manhattan, NY.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject:

I guess this would now be slightly OT, since the focus is now Ali vs. Mike.

But how about this race:

Secretariat vs. Man-o-War on the Belmont 2 mile oval.

While Secretariat was a great horse, I'm not sure he was even the best of his decade, as Spectacular Bid had a much more impressive career. But for the sake of a marquee event, we'll go with Secretariat vs. Man-o-War.

Usain Bolt vs. Michael Johnson at 200m
85 Lakers vs. 96 Bulls

(while many think our '87 team was better, I'm under the opinion that our '85 title team was slightly better. The regular season record doesn't fully reflect our dominance and depth in '85)
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> The Best Of... All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: