Lakers Chanpionship DVD Release & Signing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LG Neighborhood Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
24KaratGold
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject:

Ozirus wrote:
I'm searching ebay for it for the right price since the delivery ups it a fair bit to get it sent here, can someone please tell me the recommended retail price for it there in the States, how much have you guys been paying for it?

Most websites (Circuit City, Best Buy, NBA) have it listed at $30, but I just got it from Best Buy store at $20
SP_Fever
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject:

k_vu wrote:
Ace626 wrote:
Anyone know where i can download/torrent this?

its on demonoid

do u have a non-demonoid link? I don't have a account there
Phil Jackson (June 17th, 2009):"What was our model of this team? The Ring, the ring, that was the model. Its not just this band of gold, its the circle that's made a bond between all of these players, a great love for one another, its a great feeling."
Kobe Style 971
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:51 pm    Post subject:

prisma8slg wrote:
mrhappi79 wrote:
Just got back from the screening and I must say two things.

First, Lamar Odom was a no-show. Although it was said he was going to be one of four Lakers present at the screening, he was not. Only Fisher, Farmar, and Walton showed up. They each talked for a bit on stage before they finally showed the championship dvd. No one mentioned LO, that he wasn't there, why he wasn't there or anything. I don't want to make too much of it, but he simply was not there for some reason.

The LA Times reported that Odom was there

Quote:
Odom joined teammates Derek Fisher, Luke Walton and Jordan Farmar at Club Nokia at LA Live for the screening of the championship video.

LINK

Yeah, he was there. Not sure if this has been posted, but there is an exclusive Lamar interview with ocregister.com from that night. Here's a link:

http://jakkedup.blogspot.com/2009/07/exclusive-lamar-odom-interview.html#comments

I think he wants to stay.
Ozirus
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:12 pm    Post subject:

24KaratGold wrote:
Ozirus wrote:
I'm searching ebay for it for the right price since the delivery ups it a fair bit to get it sent here, can someone please tell me the recommended retail price for it there in the States, how much have you guys been paying for it?

Most websites (Circuit City, Best Buy, NBA) have it listed at $30, but I just got it from Best Buy store at $20

Thanks for that. I've found it for $20 US + $8.99 shipping. Not looking too bad then. Just have to sit tight until it gets here.
Lamar's Bud
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject:

Just got home from the Derek Fisher signing. I got in line at 4:15 and there were a ton of people there already. Fortunately, there were MANY more that ended up behind me. After 2.5 hours, I FINALLY got up to the table. When I got up to him Fish said "How you doing?".

The real downer was that they would not let us take pictures up there with him. I wasn't expecting him to be signing things other than the DVD (and only 1 DVD per person) but I'm kind of bummed that I couldn't get a picture with him.

There were some photographers from KLAC there, maybe they caught me in some of their shots. There was even a dude in front of me who had this giant folding frame with a California license plate for all of the players. Some examples are "VUJACIC", "JPOWELL", etc. I couldn't see all of them but I'm pretty sure he had one for each player. He was hoping to get Fish to sign it. No dice.

All in all, it was worth the agonizing wait.
mrhappi79
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:54 am    Post subject:

Saw it for $17.99 at Target yesterday. Seemed like normal price, not on sale. So cheapest place yet.
24KaratGold
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:25 pm    Post subject:

I loved the DVD. It even had the 4th quarter of the closeout games against Denver and Houston.
Nahtanoj
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject:

Is it on Demonoid? Didn't see it.
ayaz3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:57 pm    Post subject:

24KaratGold wrote:
I loved the DVD. It even had the 4th quarter of the closeout games against Denver and Houston.

I wish it had more from games that were much more closer, or meaning full, such as Orlando game 5, or Game 4, game 2. Etc.
SportsLoco
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject:

ayaz3d wrote:
24KaratGold wrote:

I wish it had more from games that were much more closer, or meaning full, such as Orlando game 5, or Game 4, game 2. Etc.

Went out to Walmart and bought it this afternoon. Gotta say I loved the Lakers Roundtable the most. They did leave out the Fisher/Scola the Kobe/Artest battle and Shannon's dunk in Game 5 vs. Denver which turned the series in favor of the Lakers. I also thought the music was a little cheesy and kind of loud. I could barely hear the narrating of the players over the soundtrack, but overall I really enjoyed it. Great memories!!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LG Neighborhood All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: