Where do you park? NEED YOUR HELP!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LG Neighborhood Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
masas
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:19 pm    Post subject:

Jellojigglin wrote:
$5.00 Cheap,Close and Safe

Last night I scoped out a great $5.00 parking lot on 888 S. Figueroa just north of L.A. Live and the Pantry across the street. This is a lot in the bottom of high rise Panamerica and the lot is safe, well lit and you enter and exit through the Panamerica lobby quickly.

Entrance to Parking
On West 9th between Figueroa and Flower.

Good Escape from Downtown
When you exit you can head North on Figueroa and take a quick left on West 8th Street to the Freeway. This puts you right on the 101 if you are headed south towards the 10 Freeway its perfect.

seconded

i think the cost ranges from 5~7 dollars...
but its the cheapest in the area (things halfblock~block closer cost 15 or so), and its one of the safest

pantry is right across the street and open 24hours, figueroa is well lit with a lot of bars/restaurants open late
kobeballin
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 1:09 pm    Post subject:

masas wrote:
Jellojigglin wrote:
$5.00 Cheap,Close and Safe

Last night I scoped out a great $5.00 parking lot on 888 S. Figueroa just north of L.A. Live and the Pantry across the street. This is a lot in the bottom of high rise Panamerica and the lot is safe, well lit and you enter and exit through the Panamerica lobby quickly.

Entrance to Parking
On West 9th between Figueroa and Flower.

Good Escape from Downtown
When you exit you can head North on Figueroa and take a quick left on West 8th Street to the Freeway. This puts you right on the 101 if you are headed south towards the 10 Freeway its perfect.

seconded

i think the cost ranges from 5~7 dollars...
but its the cheapest in the area (things halfblock~block closer cost 15 or so), and its one of the safest

pantry is right across the street and open 24hours, figueroa is well lit with a lot of bars/restaurants open late

thirded
Daniel0501
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:25 pm    Post subject:

There's a Shamrock lot on Blaine underneath the 110 that I usually park in. No more than $20 and never full.
RealOne
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:57 am    Post subject:

The Dagger wrote:
Mr Coon, can you add most secure parking regardless of price. Thanks.

LA Live Parking
Here is a Parking Map:
http://www.lalive.com/media/pdf/parkingmap.pdf

East Garage. Enter on Olympic. You can park under LA Live for $5 for the first two hours and it will be $5 for each half hour after that. Usually by the time I get out it's about $25. They even have valet service in a well-lit environment.
DtownJ
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:41 pm    Post subject: Free parking and jay walking

Meter parking is usually enforced til 6, 7, or 8pm and Saturdays. Check the meter and signs. The parking cops can crank tickets out swiftly and Villaraigosa love the revenue. Most of the good spots are snatched up early. A lot of fans street park on 11th or 12th streets and Hope, Grand, Olive, and Hill. Some of that area is relatively safe, but wander too far off and gets skid rowish. There are also plenty of pay-parking lots around that area. Meter parking is not enforced on Sundays. As long as you don't mind walking a bit, there are plenty of $5 parking all over. Paying anything more is awful.

Also familiarize yourself with proper cross walk rules. I haven't heard of game day citations, but best be careful. Jaywalking is $180 ticket.

http://laist.com/2010/11/29/jaywalking_isnt_a_crime_but_the_inf.php

I love living close to Staples Center. But game nights are especially tough trying to get home. As long as the Lakers keep winning rings, I don't mind!
Axl Rose
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:59 pm    Post subject:

I take the Metro Red Line to 7th and Fig and take a leisurely stroll to the arena. I figure I could use the exercise anyway. $1.50 each way. Sure beats paying for parking and dealing with postgame traffic.
DrWolf
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject:

What i normally do is since i come from the westside,

i take the 10 E and exit Maple, make a left on Maple and go east until you hit 11th street, you make a left and there are $5/10 lots as you get closer and there are also meters, meters would be better for night games or the 1230 games
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject:

DrWolf wrote:
What i normally do is since i come from the westside,

i take the 10 E and exit Maple, make a left on Maple and go east until you hit 11th street, you make a left and there are $5/10 lots as you get closer and there are also meters, meters would be better for night games or the 1230 games

I know you're new, but you're answering a question that was asked 2 years ago.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 7:21 pm    Post subject:

^
BleedGold
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:44 am    Post subject:

I thought I'd try and resuscitate this topic. A LOT has changed both with the team and downtown in general since this original post but I wanted to see if anyone has anything current to add.
Metro2Staples
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:09 pm    Post subject:

I'm new here, just saw this.

As my SN suggests, taking the Metro to Staples is the way to go! It lets out about 1/4 mile from the entrance to Staples.

From Santa Monica, it is one train which we call the Expo line, about a 30 minute ride. The trains come in from other areas as well, including Long Beach.

If you need to drive, try parking on 11th Street. If you get there much earlier in the day, there are usually some open parking meters to the East of Staples Center, about a 1/2 mile walk - will be the least expensive parking option.

The area to the West of Staples is not my favorite, but you may find parking over there, I just can't recommend that area.

hope this helps someone!
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:23 am    Post subject:

I am going to my 1st ever lakers game tonight. can someone help me with parking information.

I am going with family so need to be safe(young kids). I know nothing about los angeles so any help is greatly appreciated
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LG Neighborhood All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: