Maloof Throat Slash
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vandal08
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: Maloof Throat Slash

NBA TV telecast, your boy does the throat slash right into the camera. Wonder if he will be fined. Amazing. Nice win for the Queens but call me AFTER you actually WIN A SERIES against LA. Get a grip, Queens fan.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject:

It's really tacky for an owner of a team to be making a throat slashing gesture like that in front of a camera. And even more ridiculous when it's a regular season game. Can you imagine Buss making that gesture after the game 7 win against the Kings? I wonder if the Maloofs would have appreciated that?
gdballa03
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:03 am    Post subject: Re: Maloof Throat Slash

Vandal08 wrote:
NBA TV telecast, your boy does the throat slash right into the camera. Wonder if he will be fined. Amazing. Nice win for the Queens but call me AFTER you actually WIN A SERIES against LA. Get a grip, Queens fan.

No class, that's all it is...they get one win and they get all wet in their pants. Agree it was a nice win for them, but them Queens fans need to realize that on any given night, we can beat them too. Did you see how they started getting all excited cuz Kobe missed a free throw??? A damn freethrow???...it's like they just won a championship or something, which probably won't be happening anytime soon. March 22nd = payback.
AussieLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:22 am    Post subject:

Kings... I'm sure they'll put up a banner in the raters to comemorate this reg season win...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:24 am    Post subject: Re: Maloof Throat Slash

gdballa03 wrote:
Did you see how they started getting all excited cuz Kobe missed a free throw??? A damn freethrow???...it's like they just won a championship or something, which probably won't be happening anytime soon.

Kobe missed a tech! Standing O.

What the hell? In all the games I've seen, I don't think I've ever seen a reaction like that to a missed tech. Bizzaro.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:26 am    Post subject:

Kings fans are still sad they arent allowed too put up a " 2002 WCF apperance" banner...ha and mini me is the only hold over from that team as well, i think thats y he goes off, he tries too redeem that team every time he see;s us.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:33 am    Post subject: Re: Maloof Throat Slash

DancingBarry wrote:

What the hell? In all the games I've seen, I don't think I've ever seen a reaction like that to a missed tech. Bizzaro.

I laughed at that too. Kings fans are very weird. They think we have a rivalry now that we are battling them for the 8th seed.
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:48 am    Post subject:

of course if Buss did it, the laker ORG would have been fined. i guarentee it.
CabinCreek44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:34 am    Post subject:

The Magoof brothers have always lacked class. No surprise. They're idiots.
jmark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:28 am    Post subject:

CabinCreek44 wrote:
Word. Must have inherited their money. Good thing.....
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:33 am    Post subject:

Those idiots regularly applaud shots without realizing that the play was whistled dead.

I really hope they don't end up in Southern California. The Magoofs will move the team, it's just a matter of whether Stern will relent on Las Vegas.
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:35 am    Post subject:

This makes me think of when Sacramento won their first game in a playoff
series against us with our threepeat squad.

I think we had swept them out of the playoffs a year or two in a row
before that.

After that ONE win, they started FREEEEEEAKING out all over the court
like they'd just won the NBA Title or something.

Right then I remember turning to my friend and saying, "they're done
dude."

Sorry, you freak out that much over something that small and your mind
ain't right. You aren't focused on (or making yourself expect) bigger things.

That's where the Kings are right now with us.

The entire team, ownership and city of fans is SOOOOOOOO pressed for
our jocks ever since we owned them year-after-year.

They really would be better off just letting it go.

The whole "Laker-Kings" rivalry has for a LONG time only really been in
the mind of the Kings and their fans.

Hard to have a rivalry when one side is undefeated in playoff series on
the other.

That's not a rivalry, it's an "inferiority complex" - it's a one-step further
embodiment of how Sacramento residents already hate L.A. because they
feel they're an inferior city.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:35 am    Post subject:

That's fine... This is March, and not the last we will see of the Kings...
They caught us slightly undermanned. No biggie...
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:40 am    Post subject:

Well said... For the Queens, this is what it's all about... Pacific Division banners and making the playoffs. They imagine this great rivalry that doesn't exist. It's like the ugly girl sorority in college thinking that they're competing with the hotties.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:53 am    Post subject:

In fact I enjoy the fact that the Kings, there owners, the management, and above all the fans that are the Kings continue to be jerkoffs..

This way everytime we hand them there asses, and stop Bibby from dancing, and make Adleman do the "Rick stare" at the refs, along with that comical silence that comes over that arena is just beyond priceless...
Muad'Dib
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:06 am    Post subject:

jmark wrote:
CabinCreek44 wrote:
Word. Must have inherited their money. Good thing.....

Iirc, the Queens were a gift from Mommy and Daddy.
vvbandit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:07 am    Post subject:

They dont have much in Sacto so give them a break. These peoples lives revolve around the Kings who by most standards have had the worst playoff experiences for the last five or six years. They were beaten by us three years in a row which must have driven those people crazy. Then the year it looks like its going to be their chance and they lose to Dallas. The next year they lose to Minnesota in seven games, and last years Seattle experience was about as bad as it gets. They were out muscled by Jerome James IF i were a kings fan I would go crazy during the regular season as well b/c they know when the playoffs start that its going to be a horrible outcome. Let Maloof do his little throat slash it means nothing to us, but if someone from the Spurs did that we might get a little more upset b/c we actually have respect for their organization. Theyve beaten us in the playoffs and weve beat them, so there is a mutual respect and rivalry (even though we suck right now we will be back and Im sure the Spurs will still be there). Kings fan has nothing, he refuses to look back b/c of all the horrible memories so they try to live in the moment b/c what other option do they have. I guess you could compare their hatred with Laker fans of the early eighties when we couldnt get past the Celtics, but of course we beat them and the rivalry formed. The Kings are yet to beat us in anything substantial so dont worry too much about anything that goes on over there. Its fun for the fans to have somewhat of a rivalry game but I just cant bring myself to hate the Kings. What have they ever done to us to make us hate them? So lets forget about all the other BS and focus on our team. In all honesty Id rather be in the 8th spot than the 7th, b/c I can picture us stealing a game or maybe even two from the Spurs and definately giving Dallas a run for their money. We are still the eight seed and NOK and Utah arent scaring anybody at this point.
laballininsac
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: Maloof Throat Slash

gdballa03 wrote:
Vandal08 wrote:

No class, that's all it is...they get one win and they get all wet in their pants. Agree it was a nice win for them, but them Queens fans need to realize that on any given night, we can beat them too. Did you see how they started getting all excited cuz Kobe missed a free throw??? A damn freethrow???...it's like they just won a championship or something, which probably won't be happening anytime soon. March 22nd = payback.

And it's really classy to have the coach talk (bleep) about opposing teams towns and wife's. Give me a break. It just means the game is over.
laballininsac
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:46 am    Post subject:

vvbandit wrote:
They dont have much in Sacto so give them a break. These peoples lives revolve around the Kings who by most standards have had the worst playoff experiences for the last five or six years. They were beaten by us three years in a row which must have driven those people crazy. Then the year it looks like its going to be their chance and they lose to Dallas. The next year they lose to Minnesota in seven games, and last years Seattle experience was about as bad as it gets. They were out muscled by Jerome James IF i were a kings fan I would go crazy during the regular season as well b/c they know when the playoffs start that its going to be a horrible outcome. Let Maloof do his little throat slash it means nothing to us, but if someone from the Spurs did that we might get a little more upset b/c we actually have respect for their organization. Theyve beaten us in the playoffs and weve beat them, so there is a mutual respect and rivalry (even though we suck right now we will be back and Im sure the Spurs will still be there). Kings fan has nothing, he refuses to look back b/c of all the horrible memories so they try to live in the moment b/c what other option do they have. I guess you could compare their hatred with Laker fans of the early eighties when we couldnt get past the Celtics, but of course we beat them and the rivalry formed. The Kings are yet to beat us in anything substantial so dont worry too much about anything that goes on over there. Its fun for the fans to have somewhat of a rivalry game but I just cant bring myself to hate the Kings. What have they ever done to us to make us hate them? So lets forget about all the other BS and focus on our team. In all honesty Id rather be in the 8th spot than the 7th, b/c I can picture us stealing a game or maybe even two from the Spurs and definately giving Dallas a run for their money. We are still the eight seed and NOK and Utah arent scaring anybody at this point.

Us Kings fans remember the past, and respect our past teams. It's easy to win when you have the commissioner of the NBA pulling for you. The 2002 WCF should have never gone to 7 games. First 6 games had lopsided officiating. The last one was even, the kings fell short on free throws, but that game should have never have happened. IT's amazing the Kings got as far as they did with everything being fixed against them.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:50 am    Post subject:

laballininsac wrote:
vvbandit wrote:

Us Kings fans remember the past, and respect our past teams. It's easy to win when you have the commissioner of the NBA pulling for you. The 2002 WCF should have never gone to 7 games. First 6 games had lopsided officiating. The last one was even, the kings fell short on free throws, but that game should have never have happened. IT's amazing the Kings got as far as they did with everything being fixed against them.

If you didn't like watching the Queens choke Game 7, you don't like NBA basketball.
md8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject:

laballininsac wrote:
vvbandit wrote:

I guess you don't remember the bad calls against us in sac.

I just have a question for you. Why do u guys jump up and down like you've won something after every made basket, every miss by the opposing team, ect... I was at the game and its pretty comical seeing you guys celebrate so much over such small things. I guess thats how it is when you've never won anything. Wait I take that back....u do have a division championship
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject:

laballininsac wrote:

raffi
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:
It's really tacky for an owner of a team to be making a throat slashing gesture like that in front of a camera. And even more ridiculous when it's a regular season game. Can you imagine Buss making that gesture after the game 7 win against the Kings? I wonder if the Maloofs would have appreciated that?

I was there - he was too busy with the 2 hotties he had with him. He took the party to the locker room . . .

Best Laker Game E-V-E-R.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: Maloof Throat Slash

DancingBarry wrote:
gdballa03 wrote:
Did you see how they started getting all excited cuz Kobe missed a free throw??? A damn freethrow???...it's like they just won a championship or something, which probably won't be happening anytime soon.

DB you have to understand that sacramento has achieved nothing, won nothing, and will never win anything. you think artest is gonna stay in sac? they should enjoy it while they can.

they've been getting sodomized by the lakers for the past decade. every time they win against us its a big deal for them because they have nothing else to celebrate. sure its sad and pathetic...but what else can they do?
Mark_in_Tulsa
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject:

Didn't a pro athlete get reprimanded for doing that. It was either basket/base/football player that got busted by the league or team, I forget.

I know its a major no no in collage, but I'm pretty sure a pro did it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: