BLAZERS -at- LAKERS - 4/14 - Thoughts and :-)) ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:51 am    Post subject:

50 points
triple double
20/9

in the same game by 3 different dudes.

Thats a championship team
mm708
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject:

one of the best games of the season.
jmark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:04 am    Post subject:

Great game. Lets take it to the Suns!
jeremysnow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:10 am    Post subject:

Well time for me to predict next season's won-lost record, knowing full well of kobe & lamar's exploits with Team USA (which in my opinion, a negative, since kobe burns the candle on both ends).

also, teams will be setting up defenses for kobe, inclusive of hard fouls.

and to a few of you, it might come across as a low ball estimate.

however, I'm factoring in possible injuries to key players and the lakers will not surprise anyone.

with that in mind, here's my annual prediction:

Quote:

56 wins and 26 losses.

make it to the WC Semis. losing in seven games.

imo, this is a positive step in the progression going beyond round one.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject:

Klone_dd wrote:
Right now, LO, Kwame, Luke seem to fully understand. When you add Kobe (who exceeds what's expected), you've got 4 of 5 starters playing their best ball as we rumble into the playoffs.
Accurate statement. Kobe/PJ realized this and are constantly in Smush's ear to keep his head into the game. Though Smush has displayed more talent and skills than Sasha, Sasha does bring consistent tenacity and defensive pressure that has bugged guards such Mike Bibby and others. What is needed with our anticipated series with the Suns is to slow down Nash's ability to have a flying start to attack the defense - note: Smush was resting on the defensive side of the court during the last Suns game.

Regarding Jim Jackson/Aaron McKie - they are both playoff-tested veterans that will hopefully be able to play the BShaw/Ron Harper type of roles on the 2nd Team. They both have the length and the ability to produce - also, PJ just stated that he has confidence in having Jim Jackson on the court
RYZ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject:

Thanks, DB.

Aside from all that was nice about watching last night's game, one thing rather perplexes me: Why in the world, after runnig underneath screens against good jumpshooter after good jumpshooter, does Smush suddenly elect to stitch himself to the shorts of possibly the worst shooting PG in the league in Telfair? Odd indeed.

And that non-call on the 'discontinued dribble-held so long it becomes a double dribble' committed by Kobe in the first quarter was positively the most egregious of all time. But I would've been furious if I saw a non-call like that go against the Lakers.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject:

RYZ wrote:

Aside from all that was nice about watching last night's game, one thing rather perplexes me: Why in the world, after runnig underneath screens against good jumpshooter after good jumpshooter, does Smush suddenly elect to stitch himself to the shorts of possibly the worst shooting PG in the league in Telfair? Odd indeed.

I think we might have been prepping for the Suns game. We'll see.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:39 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
RYZ wrote:

I think we might have been prepping for the Suns game. We'll see.

Prepping for Nash (who may not play) and the postseason. The coaching staff knows that defense at the point is a major weakness, and have been willing to sit Smush to show him that his minutes will be awarded to Sasha, who at least makes a major effort.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: