HORNETS -at- LAKERS -- 4/19 -- Thoughts and :-)) ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:

I wonder if McKie will see decent minutes versus Phoenix. Two weeks ago I would have thought it highly unlikely, as Phil likes to use guys who have worked together as a unit during the regular season. But with Kobe as PG on offense, McKie wouldn't be relied upon to do more than hit open shots... but on defense he could do a better job covering Nash than Sasha.

Don't know for sure. I do think it's a possibility.
LakersInFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject:

mike_dee23 wrote:
Smush has played much better defense for the past week... I saw him rotating and jumping on defense, something I hadn't seen all year...

I actually noticed that also. He was making a much more concerted effort at rotating to the open man when he got caught behind a pick, and closing out on the three point shooters. He even did noticably better job of actually getting down into a defensive stance and getting his hands up ... swiping at the ball in an attempt to make Nash cautious, instead of overcommitting to the steal.

Lo and behold if Smush aint' playin a little D.
"It’s like going to the Getty and standing in front of Van Gogh’s Irises while some schmuck next to you critiques individual brush strokes. Just shut up already. The more you talk, the more you embarrass yourself."
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
I wonder if McKie will see decent minutes versus Phoenix. Two weeks ago I would have thought it highly unlikely, as Phil likes to use guys who have worked together as a unit during the regular season. But with Kobe as PG on offense, McKie wouldn't be relied upon to do more than hit open shots... but on defense he could do a better job covering Nash than Sasha.
Don't know for sure. I do think it's a possibility.
Thanks for the response. As you've stated before, Phil will constantly be mixing and matching - with Jim Jackson/Aaron McKie/DGeorge/Luke/Kobe/Sasha/Smush available, he appears to have a full deck to deal with and/or alternatives when the situation present itself.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: