OFFICIAL DWIGHT HOWARD DISCUSSION (Put all postmortem analysis and links to articles here)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 842, 843, 844  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AshesToAshes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:41 am    Post subject:

If dwight really said this Mitch just needs to reply with..

We're the ones that got dwight already... and what do you think 2014 is all about? resigning meeks, duhon and ebanks?

It'd be pretty stupid if dwight thought of himself as the cherry on top and not the first domino that needs to fall in place.
misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject:

there's a big difference between re-sign and resign. just saying.. people always make that mistake.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject:

composite wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
So Dwight will go somewhere that isn't his first choice for less money if he doesn't get his way? I can't see that happening.

So the Lakers will let Dwight walk for nothing just to save $4 mil a year by keeping D'Antoni? I can't see that happening.

Dwight won't walk, the Laker FO is smarter than the average fan. And if he would walk over something like that, I don't want him.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject:

rock0100 wrote:
ucntgrd24 wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
Only way we bring in talent is a trade. Pau has played great lately and is the only asset we really have.

Would Houston trade us Parsons for Gasol if they knew Dwight would not go? Parsons is very good, but a player like Pau makes them a very well rounded team.

Honestly, this is going to be an interesting summer. I dont see what the Lakers can really do to make a team that Dwight can contend with.

Parsons makes like 1 million dollars lol where does the rest of the salary come from?

Small filler contract if needed. They have the cap room to absorb Paus contract.

Using that cap space on someone like Millsap and keeping Parsons makes more sense for them.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject:

clutchkobe wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
If I'm Dwight I take a good look at the decisions Jim Buss have made and I head straight for the exit, else he'd be in yet another situation like Orlando with bad decision after bad decision. Only way I would stay is if he would rectify his mistakes and hire the right coach.

So the decisions that Jim made that resulted in 2 titles and 3 Finals visits should scare Howard away? Is he afraid of winning?

are you jim buss agent? what moves did he make to get us two titles and 3 final visit.....remember at that time he said jerry buss made all the moves then.....the decisions i remember about jim buss are andrew bynum which was a good decision and rudy t....which was a bad one. was jim buss in charge?

Yes, Jim was in charge of player personnel. Mitch was the one who actually made the moves, not Jim or Jerry. They just signed off on them. No different than it is now, Mitch will make the moves and Jim will sign off on them. And Jerry was generally only involved in high dollar moves, so not much has changed at all. But I know that doesn't fit the agenda, so I am sure it will be ignored.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject:

calistrtballr wrote:
its all about Wiggins at this point

If I am going to throw my fortunes in one pie in the sky player it would be a proven one like Lebron.
thereal1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject:

Dwight isnt going anywhere. Name 1 player who has taken 30 million less for another situation.???? Dwight knows he will own LA as soon as Kobes contract is up. They will run with MDA at least one more year and bring in another defensive coach to run the defense(McMillan). This team with a few tweaks and being healthy will be fine.
where24happens
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject:

Let's not forget we finished the season 28-12. This team as is could've won 50 games easily if they were a little bit healthier, with the crappy bench included. If we get a little younger next year, and pray for some better outside shooting, and Kobe returns at least like 90% of his capability, we can be a good team still.
The-GM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject:

JoJo Dancer wrote:
The last time Jimbo said he went out and signed shooters we got stalwarts like Kapono and Troy Murphy.

And when they got here they both forgot how to shoot.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject:

where24happens wrote:
Let's not forget we finished the season 28-12. This team as is could've won 50 games easily if they were a little bit healthier, with the crappy bench included. If we get a little younger next year, and pray for some better outside shooting, and Kobe returns at least like 90% of his capability, we can be a good team still.

Without the injuries this was a 4 seed in the West at worst. But it is just easier for some to P&M about things than to look at what really happened.
malicious_intent
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject:

Gasol is gone....we went on a nice run when he was injured and d'antoni proved he can win without him.

Would minny do a gasol + Nash for love, Roy, ridnour?

Bring in Nate Robinson or devin Harris with the mmle

Last edited by malicious_intent on Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
soonjos
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject:

malicious_intent wrote:
Gasol is gone....we went on a nice run when he was injured and d'antoni proved he can win without him.

we need athletes. But would take love
malicious_intent
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject:

soonjos wrote:
malicious_intent wrote:

we need athletes. But would take love

We could get more athletes in the summer 2014 when we have cap room. I don't think Lebron is coming here tbh. Devin Harris or Nate rob would be an upgrade athletically. So would love over gasol
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject:

where24happens wrote:

a better attitude and urgency too was the reason for the strong finish. the passive-aggressive, "this coach sucks" mope-a-thon just wasn't sustainable.
Lakers 4 eva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject:

Lol at people still think Dwight will turn down money. No one has turned down that much money in the history of the NBA. Get over it. He won't be the first.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject:

sign and trade...
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: if im dwight i dont resign until i see what the lakers do about putting shooters around me and dantoni

clutchkobe wrote:
that means i probably will not sign until august or so. houston will wait. i tell f/o you put some pieces around me and kobe. fire dantoni and get a real defensive minded coach and i resign. hes been down this road, he is not going to just resign with a team who is showing they are going down the hill and not up. i cant wait to see if he helps out us laker fans. i think they are going to have to pay a large luxury tax whether they want to or not.

I don't see the Lakers allowing themselves to be held hostage by Dwight and doing whirlwind changes to appease him.

It's unlikely the Lakers would be able to revamp their roster by August given our cap situation anyway.

The more likely pitch is that the Lakers are a desirable location that have always committed to bringing in talent players. Besides, if Dwight decides to go to another team as a free agent, I don't see that he'll have some tailored-made situation as an alternative.

If I had to bet, my bet is both MDA and Dwight are here next year.
realking24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject:

I think Dwight is a max player no doubt. I think he is great in the right circumstance especially if we build around him and complement him. But, if he walks for nothing that would suck. Also him and Kobe showed signs but them two never worked like I pictured. I always wondered if Miami would trade Bosh for Howard. I think Howard overall might be the best player but in our system and the fit with Kobe Bosh might of been better. Who knows. I thought it would of all worked out so all your guesses are as good as mine.
malicious_intent
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject:

I've said it before and I will say it again...in order to get the most out of Howard he needs to be surrounded by 3 pt shooters. If not teams will do exactly what San Antonio is doing to us now ( collapse the paint). We need a legit stretch 4 and at least two perimeter player that can create thier own shots, run the pnr and knock down 3s
malicious_intent
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Love (pau + Nash)
Jarret jack
Nate Robinson
Devin Harris

And the mmle should get us at least one of these guys
realking24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject:

malicious_intent wrote:
Love (pau + Nash)
Jarret jack
Nate Robinson
Devin Harris

OMG is that even possible. I love Love no pun intended. I just don't see it happening . Jack is to expensive we won't be able to sign him. IMO Love is the best PF but he is Hurt way to often. Bosh and Aldrige is a close 2nd and 3rd. Blake is great in the reg season is great but playoff time he will be exposed.
Getting Love this year would be me hitting the lottery Jack pot. Just so unlikely.

Maybe when his contract is up and we have cap space we would have a great chance.
malicious_intent
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject:

realking24 wrote:
malicious_intent wrote:
Love (pau + Nash)
Jarret jack
Nate Robinson
Devin Harris

OMG is that even possible. I love Love no pun intended. I just don't see it happening . Jack is to expensive we won't be able to sign him. IMO Love is the best PF but he is Hurt way to often. Bosh and Aldrige is a close 2nd and 3rd. Blake is great in the reg season is great but playoff time he will be exposed.
Getting Love this year would be me hitting the lottery Jack pot. Just so unlikely.

Maybe when his contract is up and we have cap space we would have a great chance.

I think jack is right there in that 3-4 million dollar range. There were rumors that love would want out of minny earlier this season and I think pau + Nash offer would be hard to beat.
thereal1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject:

malicious_intent wrote:
realking24 wrote:
malicious_intent wrote:
Love (pau + Nash)
Jarret jack
Nate Robinson
Devin Harris

I think jack is right there in that 3-4 million dollar range. There were rumors that love would want out of minny earlier this season and I think pau + Nash offer would be hard to beat.

Minnie doesnt need Nash they have Rubio, so that deal aint going to happen because it makes no sense for Minnie.
malicious_intent
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject:

thereal1 wrote:
malicious_intent wrote:
realking24 wrote:
malicious_intent wrote:
Love (pau + Nash)
Jarret jack
Nate Robinson
Devin Harris

Minnie doesnt need Nash they have Rubio, so that deal aint going to happen because it makes no sense for Minnie.

You play Nash off ball the same way they do ridnour
thereal1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject:

Minnie does want Gasol. So I would do one of the following

1) Gasol for DWill, filler and their first rounder

2) Gasol and MWP for Dwill/Kirilenko and their first rounder

3) second option except no first rounder

Expect one of these trades if we deal with Minnie. Im praying for #2, so we can maybe draft Trey Burke, but we will be lucky if Minnie gives that pick.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 842, 843, 844  Next
Page 2 of 844
Jump to: