Lakers in the News 2/12/14: Kobe Bryant Wants L.A. to Hold Onto Pau Gasol
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers In the News This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:21 pm    Post subject:

paymonM wrote:
""When Bryant's extension was announced, Bryant made it crystal clear he'd been told by Lakers management that not only would the team be able to re-sign Gasol this summer despite Bryant's huge numbers, but also be able to add an impact free agent," Aldridge noted. "

so this incompetent FO had to make concessions for Kobe to accept the max contract???

Like Mitch said, we have certainly dug a deep hole

I don't think (at least I hope not) that Kobe's quote says anything about the "negotiations" that took place between him and the FO. There's no way he needs convincing to say yes to $48M, and there's no way the FO would concoct such a foolish plan that involves signing him to such a big deal, keeping Pau, AND getting another major free agent. The contract was for loyalty and Kobe's name selling out Staples for the next two years, nothing else. The FO MUST have known that Kobe's extenson wouldn't allow us to re-sign Pau at a reasonable price for both sides and stay competitive at the same time - Mitch isn't an idiot, he's been said to be great with the numbers game.
Cup-of-noodles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:26 am    Post subject:

unless something better comes along?
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:48 am    Post subject:

Could someone please post here also some injury reports? I have a hard time finding any news. But I'd be most curious when can we expect our players back on the court.

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers In the News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: