***Official 2014 Summer League Discussion Thread***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69, 70  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Summer League Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:12 pm    Post subject:

dao wrote:
Missed the game, only checked out the box score. Randle's efficiency continues to leave a lot to be desired.

he did miss a few shots over the top of defenders, DAO. but then he also missed a couple easy uncontested bunnies, too (uncharacteristically). for the 1st 3 quarters he wasnt giving much effort in the game.. IMO due to his conditioning. in the 4th quarter tho , he looked great , shot about 50% in the quarter and made like 4 buckets. had a really good 4th Q offensively. even you, not much of a Randle lover (?) would have been impressed.
3peat_pete
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:13 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LakersMDGurl wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
3peat_pete wrote:
Randle is a beast waiting to be unleashed!!!

better conditioning will unleash it!!!!!!
what a prospect he is

Yeah i was thinking the same thing.. he needs better conditioning. I think he is kinda fat, got that "man butt" thing in the behind lol....That gotta go, not attractive in a man...

it may not be attractive my friend but its an ASSet, i'll tell ya. seriously, helps on the court. especially for a physical guy in the paint

http://instagram.com/p/c27n1sRK5u/?modal=true he's certainly not fat, tho! hes just a beast with a naturally big rump. like Sr. Charles ; but muscles like Karl Malone

Amen. I dont get the fat comments. He actually looks slimmer than the picture links we put on here. Looks like he shed some bulk off. Notice that his arms are smaller with less definition compared to his IG pictures.

He is far from being fat.
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:25 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
dao wrote:
Missed the game, only checked out the box score. Randle's efficiency continues to leave a lot to be desired.

he did miss a few shots over the top of defenders, DAO. but then he also missed a couple easy uncontested bunnies, too (uncharacteristically). for the 1st 3 quarters he wasnt giving much effort in the game.. IMO due to his conditioning. in the 4th quarter tho , he looked great , shot about 50% in the quarter and made like 4 buckets. had a really good 4th Q offensively. even you, not much of a Randle lover (?) would have been impressed.
I'm trying to warm up to him. I'm concerned with his lack of a jumper, and I also wonder if he can score efficiently over length. His ball handling and quickness off the dribble is very strong, and I'm very impressed by his court awareness as a passer. He shows promise. But the poor efficiency thus far has to be concerning.
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:33 pm    Post subject:

dao wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
dao wrote:

I'm trying to warm up to him. I'm concerned with his lack of a jumper, and I also wonder if he can score efficiently over length. His ball handling and quickness off the dribble is very strong, and I'm very impressed by his court awareness as a passer. He shows promise. But the poor efficiency thus far has to be concerning.

dont select him to your fantasy league team then
mastersworddude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:45 pm    Post subject:

LakersMDGurl wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
3peat_pete wrote:

what a prospect he is

Yeah i was thinking the same thing.. he needs better conditioning. I think he is kinda fat, got that "man butt" thing in the behind lol....That gotta go, not attractive in a man...

lol. That's natural. He's always had it.
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:48 pm    Post subject:

I don't think it's solely a conditioning problem with Randle. He even said as much after the game. Poor conditioning was never really an issue at Kentucky. He always seemed to play with a tremendous motor.

I think the problem is that sometimes he's become disengaged with these SL games. I partially blame the coaching staff and his teammates for not getting him involved more, and more importantly, not putting him in the right spots to succeed. I don't mind him working on his face up game, but I certainly hope that come the regular season, we see Julius playing in the post more. That, to me, is his bread and butter.

Kiss my Converse.
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:52 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LakersMDGurl wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
3peat_pete wrote:

what a prospect he is

it may not be attractive my friend but its an ASSet, i'll tell ya. seriously, helps on the court. especially for a physical guy in the paint

http://instagram.com/p/c27n1sRK5u/?modal=true he's certainly not fat, tho! hes just a beast with a naturally big rump. like Sr. Charles ; but muscles like Karl Malone

Chuck having a big ass was actually really beneficial to his game. It was his rump that enabled him to move other bigs around for rebounds and buckets. His rotund butt compensated for his lack of size. I think Randle can also use his big bum to his advantage.

Ok, I'm done talking about male butts.

Kiss my Converse.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:57 pm    Post subject:

EchoZulu wrote:
I don't think it's solely a conditioning problem with Randle. He even said as much after the game. Poor conditioning was never really an issue at Kentucky. He always seemed to play with a tremendous motor.

I think the problem is that sometimes he's become disengaged with these SL games. I partially blame the coaching staff and his teammates for not getting him involved more, and more importantly, not putting him in the right spots to succeed. I don't mind him working on his face up game, but I certainly hope that come the regular season, we see Julius playing in the post more. That, to me, is his bread and butter.

i agree on the disinterested part, for sure. i saw the same in Aaron Gordon in his Orlando Summer League games.
a huge part of "motor" is a desire to win and also contribute. the other part is conditioning. none of those aspects lined up for Randle to have a great motor in his games this week.
dmills
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:16 pm    Post subject:

Basically SL seems to be glorified pick up games. Kinda hard to get any kind of rhythm if you're a big.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:31 pm    Post subject:

EchoZulu wrote:

With our current roster, I expect Randle's touches will be worse than this in the regular season. Randle was expected to start for us a week ago. Now with boozer, not so much.
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:36 pm    Post subject:

Lot of excuses for Randle already being trotted out. He's a lottery pick...he should have dominated summer league.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:40 pm    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:
Lot of excuses for Randle already being trotted out. He's a lottery pick...he should have dominated summer league.

Kevin Durant even sucked in his summer league man. and none of the #1-6 picks this year DOMINATED. they all had flashes. Randle had more flashes than 3 guys picked ahead of him.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:42 pm    Post subject:

dmills
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:47 pm    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:

LOL. Yeah, just Tierre Brown and Adam Morrison did one upon a time.
Al13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:53 pm    Post subject:

i have seen some highlights from randle now.....just a question has anyone ever seen him shoot ?
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:54 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
kray28_ wrote:

Kevin Durant even sucked in his summer league man. and none of the #1-6 picks this year DOMINATED. they all had flashes. Randle had more flashes than 3 guys picked ahead of him.

Seriously. He did just fine. All the nba tv announcers were praising him on every broadcast.
BennyLava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:55 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

"Lol! Mark Madsen is lying"

- Randle critics on LG
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:57 pm    Post subject:

kelisgreat24 wrote:
conditioning seem to big the biggest thing against Randle right now

fwiw Dante Exum from the game I saw live on Monday looked to have pretty bad conditioning as well.

I wouldn't look too much into it

Things will pick up.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:33 pm    Post subject:

Lavine another strong showing
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:02 pm    Post subject:

what do you guys think of Antoine Walker as a comparison for Doug Mcbuckets offensive game..?

Shabazz Muhammad -
look at how retro his game is! he's a post-up wing player! we dont see any of those any more. i'm interested to see if he'll be able to make that work in the NBA, wing players rarely get post touches today. its probly the only shot he has at becoming a solid NBA scoring option, tho.

Last edited by KeepItRealOrElse on Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
JoJo Dancer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:20 pm    Post subject:

cKPayasoLoco wrote:
Lavine another strong showing

Dude can ball.
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:41 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
what do you guys think of Antoine Walker as a comparison for Doug Mcbuckets offensive game..?

Shabazz Muhammad -
look at how retro his game is! he's a post-up wing player! we dont see any of those any more. i'm interested to see if he'll be able to make that work in the NBA, wing players rarely get post touches today. its probly the only shot he has at becoming a solid NBA scoring option, tho.

I'm a fan of Shabazz.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:50 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
kray28_ wrote:

Seriously. There is a long list of superstars that sucked in Summer League. But not nearly as long as the list of absolute scrubs who "dominated" Summer League. Not to mention the fact that none of the other lotto picks exactly tore it up this year, save for McDermott.

Randle played plenty well. He showed a ton of flashes, all of which impressed the hell out of me.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:22 pm    Post subject:

how great do you guys think the Greek Freak is gunna be?
just found out about this kid a couple months ago, LOL. im an idiot, and he's amazing. im all caught up on highlights, and now summer league action.
he's one of the dopest players in the world to me..
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:55 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
how great do you guys think the Greek Freak is gunna be?
just found out about this kid a couple months ago, LOL. im an idiot, and he's amazing. im all caught up on highlights, and now summer league action.
he's one of the dopest players in the world to me..

He needs a real jumpshot. Once he has that, then the game gets scary. His set shot limits his offensive versatility on the floor.

Everything is a set shot, or a hard drive to the hoop. Rarely anything inbetween.

Dude needs 2 strides from the 3-point line to the cup.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Summer League All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69, 70  Next
Page 68 of 70
Jump to: