Celebrating Kobe [let's keep the negative stuff out of this one, Ok?...the staff]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:06 am    Post subject:

In the game w/Mike Brown, I believe that's when we beat Cleveland (coach by Byron Scott ) by 55. Kobe sat in the 4th, and the equipment trainer tossed my son his game used wrist band. Yes, I'm bragging.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:36 am    Post subject:

Guy has come a long way since that scrawny lil' pipsqueak that wore shades to his press conference oh so many years ago.

My lil' baby is all grown up!

!...
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:37 am    Post subject:

Still can't believe his his middle name is "Bean". No wonder he has a huge chip on his shoulder.

!...
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:44 pm    Post subject:

With all the highlight reel moments and great games, this is one of my favorite Kobe moments. At the press conference after the 81 point game, talking about his daughter Natalia who was just a toddler wanting her bath. All that intensity GT mentioned from when Kobe plays melted into just daddy-love.

Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:08 pm    Post subject:

He is my God
laserboy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:01 pm    Post subject:

What an incredible career he's had. 18 years of history in the making, and it's not over yet. Kobe is an inspiration and a living example of greatness through hard work and dedication. There's no other sport as competitive and exciting as basketball, and to me there's no other player who embodies that spirit more than Kobe!
KobefanMVP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:22 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
I used to get seats in the row directly behind the Laker bench once a season, and one of my favorite Kobe memories involves my wife, who isn't a sports fan. She's someone who's also very attuned to body language and non-verbal cues.

We're in these seats, and the Lakers run out of the tunnel for warmups. She's only sort of paying attention, then she whips her head up, and stares at Kobe, who got her attention out of the corner of her eye. I'll never forget what she said.

"He reminds me of a great white shark."

I thought that was so (bleep) perfect. Being close to him while he's on the court is an INCREDIBLE experience. She hit the nail on the head, in terms of what it feels like, and she's not even a sports fan. Never seen that degree of intensity emanating from a human being before.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h231/massinfusion/IMG_6990.jpg

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h231/massinfusion/IMG_6995.jpg

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h231/massinfusion/IMG_7069.jpg

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h231/massinfusion/KobeCoach1.jpg

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h231/massinfusion/KobeCoach4.jpg

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h231/massinfusion/Kobe2.jpg

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h231/massinfusion/KobeShaw.jpg

thank you for posting the pics and especially the quote your wife gave upon seeing him for the first time. That's impressive that she was able to give a pretty perfect metaphor for him given that fact that like you said she saw him for the first time.
KobefanMVP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:28 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
With all the highlight reel moments and great games, this is one of my favorite Kobe moments. At the press conference after the 81 point game, talking about his daughter Natalia who was just a toddler wanting her bath. All that intensity GT mentioned from when Kobe plays melted into just daddy-love.

So true

It's really something that after having such an incredible night, scoring the 2nd most in NBA history Kobe gets more pleasure and happiness out of his daughters antics than what he just accomplished. Instead of basking in the glory and wanting to talk more about the night, "You ready to go, okay, let's go" Pretty cool.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:48 pm    Post subject:

Great white shark is the best description of him I've ever heard. Kobe's an Alpha predator and like great whites, not someone who takes the school of fish mentality. Nice description.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:41 pm    Post subject:

Did anyone else see/notice the two separate instances in the Spurs game in which he made defenders fall down? At 36 after popping a leg and taking a year off.

First one happens with ~1:45 left in the 2nd Q. The crowd marvels with an audible oooooh.

2nd one is at 3:07 left in the 3rd. The defense traps Kobe in the top corner and he breaks free, but not without shaking Manu in such a way that he's crawling on all fours like a Patagonian goat.

And lets not forget this:

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakersInFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:48 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:

This is the greatest Kobe moment of all time, and will always be my favorite memory of Kobe Bryant.
"It’s like going to the Getty and standing in front of Van Gogh’s Irises while some schmuck next to you critiques individual brush strokes. Just shut up already. The more you talk, the more you embarrass yourself."
tw-lakbfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:58 pm    Post subject:

A Laker championship season full of Kobe's great moments will be the most enjoyable.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:59 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
Did anyone else see/notice the two separate instances in the Spurs game in which he made defenders fall down? At 36 after popping a leg and taking a year off.

First one happens with ~1:45 left in the 2nd Q. The crowd marvels with an audible oooooh.

2nd one is at 3:07 left in the 3rd. The defense traps Kobe in the top corner and he breaks free, but not without shaking Manu in such a way that he's crawling on all fours like a Patagonian goat.

And lets not forget this:

That is my favorite take off the dribble Kobe play of all time. I've been looking for it! Thanks!
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:25 pm    Post subject:

The greatest shot I've ever seen was one I got to see in person. It's the greatest shot I've ever seen because it wasn't a matter of luck. Impeccable footwork and court awareness. He does a front pivot, runs into the secondary defender, and without skipping a beat, he does a front pivot off of his back foot, and lands his feet in perfect shooting form. It happened in his second highest scoring game of all time, dropping 65 points in an incredible comeback against the Trailblazers.

I can't tell you how hard this is. 99.99% of the time, a guy will under pivot on that second pivot, with his left foot landing far short of where it should be. Here? Absolutely perfect, and nothing lucky about it, and he drains it over a contesting big. Unreal. The shot's at the 5:00 mark.

lakeshow83
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:01 am    Post subject:

I still remember the 00-01 finals shaq fouls out in OT #8 scores 8 straight to win. I knew then we were watching one of the greatest to ever lace em up. Then watching #24 carry 3 hof'er the second half of the 2012-13 season. The 2 3's against a double team to beat the raptors, the kb24 mixtape show he put on in his first trip to barclay's, and lastly with his Achilles totally ruptured watching kobe limp to the free throw line on his own with tears forming in his eyes and draining two free throws to help seal a must win. I cried when magic's # was retired and probably will when #24 joins the rafters. Thank you for all the memories. 24 the GOAT!!!!
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:24 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
As much as I P&M about Kobe, I have for the most part greatly enjoyed watching him. I believe he will go down as the hardest working and most dedicated NBA player, possibly athlete all-time. His skills and talent are legendary; if I could have one player to be a NBA repository it would be Kobe since he is an NBA encyclopedia. I salute his career. I do wish him the best and hope he can get ring #6 (somehow) and maybe 7. Don't misconstrue my statistical predictions and disappointment in his Extension as hatred of the guy. He is the living embodiment of the Lakers so I do have tremendous respect for him.

Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:28 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Watching him vs. Duncan put things into perspective. Duncan's been just another very good player for about 6 years now. Our expectations of what Kobe should be at this point are unrealistic, and can obscure the appreciation we should have for him. The fact that we expect him to be a superstar in his 19th year is actually quite an unintentional testament to him.

Could not agree more with you.

When "Duncan" won his 5th and people started talking about him as the player of his decade ... it was like when Shaq (and then Kobe) watched as other players were routinely awarded MVP's when they were the best and most valuable ... I rolled my eyes.

After an Achilles tear and knee injury that was supposed to leave him as 40th best, the dude is still at-or-near the top scoring spot, still dropping 30, all while it's obvious he doesn't have the same legs and lungs that made him so impossible to stop.

Mamba kills.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:41 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
The greatest shot I've ever seen was one I got to see in person. It's the greatest shot I've ever seen because it wasn't a matter of luck. Impeccable footwork and court awareness. He does a front pivot, runs into the secondary defender, and without skipping a beat, he does a front pivot off of his back foot, and lands his feet in perfect shooting form. It happened in his second highest scoring game of all time, dropping 65 points in an incredible comeback against the Trailblazers.

I can't tell you how hard this is. 99.99% of the time, a guy will under pivot on that second pivot, with his left foot landing far short of where it should be. Here? Absolutely perfect, and nothing lucky about it, and he drains it over a contesting big. Unreal. The shot's at the 5:00 mark.

Nice vid ... forgot this was his 2nd highest point total for his career.

Awesome you were there ... almost as awesome as me being there for 81
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:56 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

Greatest footwork in the history of the game. I just laugh when people say MJ had better footwork. Drugs are a powerful thing.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:14 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
As much as I P&M about Kobe, I have for the most part greatly enjoyed watching him. I believe he will go down as the hardest working and most dedicated NBA player, possibly athlete all-time. His skills and talent are legendary; if I could have one player to be a NBA repository it would be Kobe since he is an NBA encyclopedia. I salute his career. I do wish him the best and hope he can get ring #6 (somehow) and maybe 7. Don't misconstrue my statistical predictions and disappointment in his Extension as hatred of the guy. He is the living embodiment of the Lakers so I do have tremendous respect for him.

You've been a fan of everything he's done? there are things that my fave player all time (Magic) has done too that I didn't like.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:57 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Nice vid ... forgot this was his 2nd highest point total for his career.

Awesome you were there ... almost as awesome as me being there for 81

Were you there for 81?!?!?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:13 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Watching him vs. Duncan put things into perspective. Duncan's been just another very good player for about 6 years now. Our expectations of what Kobe should be at this point are unrealistic, and can obscure the appreciation we should have for him. The fact that we expect him to be a superstar in his 19th year is actually quite an unintentional testament to him.

Could not agree more with you.

When "Duncan" won his 5th and people started talking about him as the player of his decade ... it was like when Shaq (and then Kobe) watched as other players were routinely awarded MVP's when they were the best and most valuable ... I rolled my eyes.

After an Achilles tear and knee injury that was supposed to leave him as 40th best, the dude is still at-or-near the top scoring spot, still dropping 30, all while it's obvious he doesn't have the same legs and lungs that made him so impossible to stop.

Mamba kills.

Duncan has the advantage of that size, which never goes away. So he can get his shots without needing to elevate. And pop was smart to move him away from the post and let him operate in space as s hooter and roll man.
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:53 pm    Post subject:

Kobe effin' Bryant!!!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:55 pm    Post subject:

Hope he sticks around long enough to pass Malone.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
PhoenixForce
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:02 pm    Post subject:

GOAT
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6
Jump to: