News 'n Views - Apr 2016: Luke Walton gives Lakers fans someone to believe in
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers In the News This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:00 am    Post subject:

After Game Videos - Celtics at Lakers
by lakersnation.com

Kobe Bryant's Favorite Championship (2010 Vs. Boston)

Byron Scott To Team: 'How Many Of You Have Been In A Real Fist Fight?'

Larry Nance Jr. On Byron Scott's Fist Fight Analogy

D'Angelo Russell On Boston Celtics: 'I Want To Keep The Rivalry Going'
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:01 am    Post subject:

Kobe Bryant had one last punch left for the Boston Celtics
by Harrison Faigen - silverscreenandroll.com

The Mamba went Leprechaun hunting one last time

Kobe Bryant has made no secret of his disdain for the Boston Celtics. Ever since he stood alone in the team showers, the cacophony of cheers from both the Celtics and their supporters filling the visitor's locker room at the Garden after the Los Angeles Lakers fell in the 2008 Finals, Bryant has taken extra pride in matchups against them.

Thwarting the Celtics in the 2010 Finals combined with the departures of all significant members of those crews and age has likely lessened Bryant's hatred for the green and white. The fact that the Celtics are fighting for a playoff spot while the Lakers sit at the bottom of the standings with Bryant just days from retirement could also be reasons for Kobe to go a little easier in his last go-around with Boston.

Kobe has also shown a tendency to laugh and joke around with opponents throughout his farewell tour, but Lakers head coach Byron Scott said that was not the case on Sunday night:

Kobe was "dead serious" all night, Byron said. No laughing or joking in final game vs. Boston. "He understands this series," Byron said.

Bryant has also often taken home games off this season as he attempts to preserve himself for road farewells and his final game in Los Angeles, but it sounds like the time for that is over as he comes to the end of his final season:

Continued....
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:02 am    Post subject:

TDIKH: April 4, 2003
by nba.com

With 3.3 seconds left and down by one, the Lakers knew who to give the ball to.

Robert Horry inbounded to Kobe Bryant, who almost gave it back to his teammate cutting to the rim. Instead, Bryant simply rose up from 21 feet away and buried the game-winning buzzer-beater.

“After I missed (Horry), I just had to pull the ball back, regroup, check the clock, make sure I had enough time, and then operate,” Bryant told reporters after the Lakers’ 102-101 win.

Everything had been going Memphis’ way, as it ended the third quarter with a half-court shot to take an 89-66 lead.

But the Lakers weren’t buried yet.

After whittling the Grizzlies’ lead down to 94-77, the Lakers exploded for a 21-4 run to tie it up at 98 with 1:39 left.

After the teams exchanged free throws, Bryant was set up for his heroic, last-second bucket over Shane Battier.

“(He) just hit a good shot,” Battier said. “I tip my hat to him and move on to the next city. I thought we did a pretty good job of containing him for 47 minutes and 58 seconds.”

The fourth quarter scored 36-12 in favor of Los Angeles, which was led by 10 points from Bryant. He finished the night with 21 points, seven rebounds and six assists.

Meanwhile, Shaquille O’Neal hauled in 33 point and 19 rebound — 14 of which came on the offensive glass — to thwart Memphis’ Jason Williams (18 points, 12 assists) and Pau Gasol (18 points, 11 rebounds).

Continued....
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:04 am    Post subject:

On Kobe Bryant’s 20-year journey, these TV crew members appreciate the ride
by Tom Hoffarth - dailynews.com

There was that time a few years ago, at the Townsend Hotel near Detroit, when Kobe Bryant rallied everyone together for a Thanksgiving Day meal.

All the TV guys included.

The Lakers’ star wasn’t happy that the team decided against organizing a holiday party in the middle of a long road trip. This was an annual ritual, a time to be together, have a meal, hang out, and watch NFL games.

This time, Bryant even kicked it up a notch by bringing some ping-pong tables into the ballroom. Then he started a tournament.

Mark Shah and Antony Hurd are on the record claiming to have defeated the future Basketball Hall of Famer.

“He was so competitive, but you could tell maybe it was the first time he had really played,” said Shah, the Time Warner Cable SportsNet producer on Lakers’ games. “He’d play again and again, trying to figure out how to get better. He wanted to master this thing. We knew he was always competitive, but he was also motivating everyone else. It was a side of him we didn’t always get to see.”

“I have a picture of me playing against him,” said Hurd, the TWCSN audio booth veteran. “And I did beat him. Maybe you can’t print that.”

Continued....
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Nice job lakersfreak
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:40 pm    Post subject:

Cha*n wrote:
Nice job lakersfreak

I had a good teacher
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:09 am    Post subject:

Which Young Lakers Player Can Carry The Torch Post-Kobe?
by Trevor Lane - lakersnation.com

The Kobe Era is almost over. Los Angeles Lakers guard Kobe Bryant is retiring in a week, and the most popular team in the league needs to find an heir apparent to pass the torch to if they want to keep their ravenous fan base tuning in. Filling the Black Mamba’s sneakers will be a Herculean task, leading many to wonder whether the current roster has anyone capable of bearing the weight.

Bryant himself recently weighed in on the issue. When he was asked if any of his teammates have what it takes to lead the Lakers, he responded, “No. If you have to ask that question, the answer is already there. Torches never get passed. You have to earn that.”

Blunt as always, most took Kobe’s comments to be something of a shot at his struggling supporting cast. However, it’s hard to argue with his logic, as no Laker has definitively taken the reins this season.

Head Coach Byron Scott echoed those sentiments. When asked whether Jordan Clarkson, Julius Randle or D’Angelo Russell could be the team’s next star, he said “It’s going to take a hell of a lot of work. All three of those guys have talent, no doubt about it… But they have to spend a whole lot of time on that end of the floor and a whole lot of time in the film room.”

Perhaps even more damning, Scott asserted that “it would be nice” if the Lakers could find their next leader in free agency rather than depend on the development of young players.

Unfortunately, most star players these days don’t hit free agency until their late 20’s, and as such they don’t have time to waste seasons while the Lakers gradually get back to contention. For the past three summers, the Lakers have struck out on the big stars they have pursued, and that trend won’t likely change until the team proves they can win.

No, in spite of Scott’s hopes for an Alpha free agent, the Lakers best bet for finding a star to lead them back to the promised land is through the development of their young talent. They have three intriguing young talents in Clarkson, Randle, and Russell, but which of them have the best chance of carrying the torch?

Let’s dig in.

Continued....
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:10 am    Post subject:

Randle Readies for Final Week, Offseason
by Joey Ramirez - nba.com

After playing a total of 14 minutes last year, Julius Randle has added value to the lessons learned in his first full season.

The 21-year-old ranks 10th in the NBA in rebounds (10.2) and 14th in 34 double-doubles, but he is more focused on the growth he has made.

“I definitely learned a lot, but there’s no greater teacher than experience,” Randle said during his Lakers Voices session on Monday.

With Randle’s childhood hero, Kobe Bryant, retiring in only six games, he and his fellow young Lakers — specifically D’Angelo Russell and Jordan Clarkson — are hoping to provide a turnaround for this franchise, which will miss the playoffs for the third straight year.

“We know there are steps we have to take to get better individually and collectively,” Randle said. “I think we’re doing the necessary things to get there. From the beginning of the season to now, I feel like we’ve made a lot of progress.”

For Randle, more progress means immediately getting back to work when the season ends.

“I know when the season ends you’re supposed to take some time (off) to let your body heal, but I’m kind of feeling like I’m ready to get back to it and get to work,” Randle said. “I guess that’s kind of the perk of being 21.”

But before it reaches this point, Randle and co. will say goodbye to the man who has led the Lakers for the past two decades.

Continued....
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:13 am    Post subject:

A goodbye to Kobe Bryant, from one outsider to another
by Daman Rangoola - silverscreenandroll.com

How Kobe Bryant's inspired me beyond being a sports fan

I.I've always been an outsider. The only Sikh guy with a turban and a beard at my middle school, in my high school, in my Economics class at UCLA, in my MBA program at UC Irvine, in most of the rooms I walk in, at airports. It's just me. I'm used to the stares, I don't even notice them any more. There's very few people I relate to at this level, very few people I can talk to about it in this way. I'm at the stage in my life where I have embraced being the outsider, and to tell you the truth -- I don't think I can function any other way. This wasn't always the case, not even close.

You see, sports are more than a form of entertainment to me. Sports have been been my defense mechanism to combat social anxiety that plagued me as a young guy with no other way to fit in. I was able to force myself into conversations that I wasn't a part of after I overheard some kids talking about a sports topic that I knew something about. Sports were the reason that I went from the front of the bus talking to nobody, just looking out a window (if I was born 10 years later, I guess I'd just be staring at my phone) to the loud guy in the back talking about the Lakers or whomever else we were talking about. This took years, and because I moved to the U.S. from the strange land of Canada in 1998, it took me a while to truly learn American sports, specifically the NBA.

While I picked up the basics of the NBA and followed the Lakers casually, I didn't become a die-hard fan until the 2003-2004 season. I was at an age (17) where I started to understand more of the nuances of the game, and I started to follow more of the news about the team and the league as a whole. Not a bad season to really get into the Lakers, right? The Kobe case drama, Shaq/Kobe drama, Gary Payton and Karl Malone joined the team, it was a crazy year. I got so invested in the daily "made for Hollywood" nature of the team and more importantly looked forward to being the person who would be able to talk about it with the cool kids at school the next day. The one thing that always drew me to Kobe over the rest of the other Lakers was the fact that he seemed to be on his own -- much to his own doing, for sure -- and while I was sad with the way the season ended, I became a die-hard Kobe fan.

Continued....
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:14 am    Post subject:

Kobe Bryant Says Bill Russell Mentored Him About Managing Teammates
by Ramneet Singh - lakersnation.com

The Los Angeles Lakers and Boston Celtics are bitter rivals that date back to the days of the Bill Russell-led Celtics teams squaring off against Jerry West and the Lakers. The most recent incarnation saw Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol lead the Lakers against the Celtics Big 3 of Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, and Ray Allen.

With decades of hatred between the two franchises, there is no love lost on either side. Nonetheless, Kobe actually credits a Celtics legend for all that he taught him about leadership. Following the Lakers’ 107-100 loss to Boston on Sunday night, Bryant talked about what Bill Russell has meant to his career.

Kobe mentioned how the great center helped him understand how to deal with teammates and what it takes to get everyone on the same page, via L.A. Daily News’ Mark Medina.

Kobe praised Bill Russell's mentorship on how to manage his teammates and understanding team dynamics

Kobe is well-known for being extremely tough on teammates and eventually had to learn how to bring them closer together and get the most out of them. There are very few who were better at that than Russell who not only was a leader for those Celtics teams but was also a player/coach.

Continued....
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:16 am    Post subject:

Hall of Fame to induct former Laker Shaquille O'Neal, who 'dominated the game'
by Bill Oram - ocregister.com

Lakers great Shaquille O’Neal will be inducted to the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame this summer.

O’Neal and Allen Iverson headlined the 2016 class, which will be inducted later this summer in Springfield, Mass. Chicago Bulls owner Jerry Reinsdorf, WNBA star Sheryl Swoopes, former Rockets center Yao Ming and Michigan State coach Tom Izzo are among 10-member class of inductees.

Lakers coach Byron Scott, who played with O’Neal in 1996-97, said the 2000 NBA MVP and three-time Finals MVP “changed the way people looked at post players.” At 7-foot-1, 325 pounds, O’Neal “dominated the game.”

“I think that if he had Kareem (Abdul-Jabbar’s) attitude, he probably would have killed somebody,” Scott said.

The Lakers announced earlier this season plans to unveil a statue of O’Neal at Staples Center. The big man will join Abdul-Jabbar, Magic Johnson and Jerry West as former Lakers immortalized in bronze.

Continued....
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:09 am    Post subject:

lakersfreak wrote:
Cha*n wrote:
Nice job lakersfreak

I had a good teacher

Are you saying you do this 4 Cha*n?
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:31 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
lakersfreak wrote:
Cha*n wrote:
Nice job lakersfreak

I had a good teacher

I think he does it for all of us. I'll help or sub if you need lakersfreak. I know what a pain it is sometimes.
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Cha*n wrote:
24 wrote:
lakersfreak wrote:
Cha*n wrote:
Nice job lakersfreak

I had a good teacher

I think he does it for all of us. I'll help or sub if you need lakersfreak. I know what a pain it is sometimes.

Ch*n for the win

If I recall correctly Ch*n needed a break so I pitched in.

Thx for the offer, if I am become unavailable I will let you know
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Clippers Video Tribute to Kobe
by lakersnation.com
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:53 pm    Post subject:

TDIKH: April 5, 1999
by nba.com

With an old teammate putting on a show for the other team, Kobe Bryant and co. did all they could to withstand Nick Van Exel’s career-high 41 points.

While the former Laker dazzled by shooting 14-of-26 with eight rebounds and nine assists, Los Angeles withstood the onslaught for a 117-104 win over Denver.

Bryant led the way, matching Glen Rice’s team-high 26 points. However, Bryant’s efficiency was higher than any other’s on the floor that night, shooting 8-of-12 while hitting all four of his shots from 3-point range.

“He played a really efficient basketball game tonight,” head coach Kurt Rambis told reporters. “No turnovers — I absolutely loved that.”

Danny Fortson added 21 points and 12 rebounds for the Nuggets. He and Van Exel hit back-to-back 3-pointers to cut the Lakers’ lead to 100-96 with about five minutes left, but L.A. knocked down three straight shots to push its advantage back to double figures.

In addition to Bryant and Rice, the Lakers’ big men also got the job done, as Shaquille O’Neal scored 20 points, while Dennis Rodman piled up 17 rebounds.

In fact, the entire team was clicking offensively. L.A. shot 50.6 percent from the field while handing out 33 assists.

Continued....
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:55 pm    Post subject:

Kobe Bryant Talks Chris Paul Trade Before Final Meeting With Clippers
by Eric Yee - lakeshowlife.com

Even superstars, Chris Paul and Kobe Bryant, still think about what should have been a Lakers’ superteam in 2011

By now we all know the series of unfortunate events that unfolded in the 2011-2012 season: the Los Angeles Lakers essentially traded Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom for Chris Paul, then 30 minutes later, David Stern happened and it was all downhill from there.

The relationships between Gasol, Odom and the Lakers were never the same. Los Angeles lost out on the player who was meant to succeed the great Kobe Bryant. The Purple and Gold’s destiny for a Kobe Bryant-Chris Paul-Dwight Howard super team disappeared in an instant.

While we can sit here all day and discuss what could have, or rather should have been, it is interesting to hear Kobe and CP3’s take on the subject five years removed.

According to ESPN’s Baxter Holmes, their 2011 conversations revolved around one thing: winning titles.

Bryant said the phone call lasted about 20-30 minutes, and they weren’t talking about how many games they planned to win together.

“You know me. My dream isn’t to win games,” Bryant recalled to ESPN this week. “It’s like, ‘How many of these titles are we going to win [together]?’ Because if we don’t win, we’re a failure.”

Kobe also dished on the idea about Paul and him not working well together, even subtly firing a shot at old teammate, Shaquille O’Neal.

Continued....
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Kobe Programming on TWC SportsNet
by nba.com

As we approach the final game of Kobe Bryant's impressive career, Time Warner Cable SportsNet will be airing all of your favorite content around The Mamba. Don't miss a minute of the action as we reminisce through Top 10 Plays, Timeless Laker games, and more!

Time Warner Cable SportsNet Schedule:

Code:
DAY   PROGRAM   TIME (PT)
Monday, April 4th   Timeless Lakers: Mavericks at Lakers from 12/20/2005   8:00pm
Tuesday, April 5th   Block of Kobe Programming   3:00pm
Wednesday, April 6th   Block of Kobe Programming   3:00pm
Thursday, April 7th   Block of Kobe Programming   3:00pm
Lakers Top 10: STAPLES Center Moments   10:00pm
2001 Los Angeles Lakers NBA Champions   11:00pm
Friday, April 8th   Timeless Lakers: Lakers at Knicks from 2/2/2009   2:00pm
2002 Los Angeles Lakers NBA Champions   8:00pm
Saturday, April 9th   Timeless Lakers: Lakers at Kings - 2001 West Semifinals, Game 4   9:00pm
Sunday, April 10th   Timeless Lakers: Raptors at Lakers from 1/22/2006   6:00pm
Monday, April 11th   Block of Kobe Programming   3:00pm
Timeless Lakers: Lakers at Magic - 2009 NBA Finals, Game 5   9:00pm
Tuesday, April 12th   Block of Kobe Programming   3:00pm
2010 Los Angeles Lakers NBA Champions   8:00pm
Wednesday, April 13th   Backstage: Lakers - Kobe Bryant   12:30pm
Kobe Bryant 1-on-1   1:00pm
Lakers Top 10: Kobe Clutch Shots   1:30pm
Lakers Top 10: Kobe 50+ Point Games   2:30pm
Lakers Top 10: Kobe Bryant Moments   3:30pm
Kobe Bryant 1-on-1   4:30pm
Backstage: Lakers, Week 30   5:00pm
Access SportsNet: Countdown to Kobe's Final Game (Live)   5:30pm
Utah Jazz at Lakers   7:30pm
Access SportsNet: Lakers Postgame (Live)   10:00pm
Farewell to Kobe   11:30pm
Thursday, April 14th   Block of Kobe Programming   3:00pm
Farewell to Kobe   8:00pm

Continued....
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:08 am    Post subject:

Byron Scott 'Bothers the hell out of me' that Lakers struggling in Kobe's last games
by Baxter Holmes - espn.go.com

The Clippers opened Tuesday's game against the Lakers on a 20-2 run, led by as much as 28 and rolled to a 103-81 win at Staples Center.

It marked the Lakers' 61st loss of the season, tying for the most losses in franchise history with last season's team, which posted a 21-61 record.

Lakers coach Byron Scott expressed frustration with the way his team is playing considering these are the final games for Kobe Bryant, who has five games left and is retiring this summer after a 20-season NBA career.

"It bothers me that his last five, six, seven, eight games are going to be with the way we're playing as a team," Scott said. "That bothers me, because you're talking about a champion. That bothers me, because he is a champion. And I hate to see him go out this way. Unfortunately this is the way it's going to be.

"It bothers the hell out of me that somebody who's given 20 years to this league and has played through broken fingers, come back from the Achilles, come back from the shoulder surgery, and he still goes out there and gives it everything he has, that bothers me."

Continued....
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:09 am    Post subject:

After Game Videos - Lakers at Clippers
by lakersnation.com

Lakers Young Core Struggling To Get The Message?

Jordan Clarkson's X-Rays Negative On His Leg

Kobe Bryant On Chris Paul, Clipper Darrell & Warriors Streak
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:11 am    Post subject:

Lou Williams and Brandon Bass to Sit Out Final 6 Games of the Season
by Eric Yee - lakeshowllife.com

Lakers’ head coach, Byron Scott, is finally giving fans exactly what they wanted from the start of the season

After 76 games and 60 losses, Lakers’ head coach, Byron Scott, has finally decided that it is time to stop trying to “win games” and instead do exactly what fans expected would happen from the get go: let the young Lakers have ample chances to develop and prepare for life without Kobe Bryant.

Many thought this decision would have come after All-Star Break when the Lakers’ front office revealed that the second half of the season would determine Scott’s future as head coach but despite making drastic changes, he left much to be desired.

For example, while he finally let D’Angelo Russell have the reigns, reinserting him into the starting line up and allowing him to finish contests, other players like Tarik Black were left on the bench in favor of Ryan Kelly.

However, with just six games left in the season, in what seems to be a last ditch effort to secure Black’s services for next season and more so, his own job, Scott has finally decided to sit veterans Brandon Bass and Lou Williams, “to develop the kids.”

Byron Scott plans to sit Brandon Bass and Lou Williams the rest of the way, depending on schedule - to develop the kids

Continued....
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:52 am    Post subject:

lakersfreak wrote:
Byron Scott 'Bothers the hell out of me' that Lakers struggling in Kobe's last games

The Clippers opened Tuesday's game against the Lakers on a 20-2 run, led by as much as 28 and rolled to a 103-81 win at Staples Center.

It marked the Lakers' 61st loss of the season, tying for the most losses in franchise history with last season's team, which posted a 21-61 record.

Lakers coach Byron Scott expressed frustration with the way his team is playing considering these are the final games for Kobe Bryant, who has five games left and is retiring this summer after a 20-season NBA career.

"It bothers me that his last five, six, seven, eight games are going to be with the way we're playing as a team," Scott said. "That bothers me, because you're talking about a champion. That bothers me, because he is a champion. And I hate to see him go out this way. Unfortunately this is the way it's going to be.

"It bothers the hell out of me that somebody who's given 20 years to this league and has played through broken fingers, come back from the Achilles, come back from the shoulder surgery, and he still goes out there and gives it everything he has, that bothers me."

Continued....

Know what bothers the hell out of me Byron... The fact that the two guys making a combined 40 million are our worst two players statistically.
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:14 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
lakersfreak wrote:

Continued....

Know what bothers the hell out of me Byron... The fact that the two guys making a combined 40 million are our worst two players statistically.

It bothers me that Byron is being given a free ride even with this lousy record because of Kobe. This team is NO where near being the 16 -win team they are. But oh wait, Byron is the best tank coach ever. I hope he is out of here they day Kobe retires!!!!!!
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:48 pm    Post subject:

Byron Scott admits he could have been better at communicating with Lakers' young players
by Harrison Faigen - silverscreenandroll.com

Understatement of the year candidate

Less than 24 hours after calling the play of his younger players "soft and passive," Los Angeles Lakers head coach Byron Scott admitted the way he's communicated with the team's young players has been an issue.

"With our young guys, could I have probably done a better job [communicating]? Probably so," Scott told Bill Oram of the O.C. Register before the Lakers hosted the Los Angeles Clippers on Thursday night. Scott has repeatedly called out his younger players for their lack of effort, or most often for "not being ready to play," following the Lakers' many losses so far this season.

The approach hasn't worked, with the team losing 61 games to guarantee at least a tie for the worst record in franchise history, a tie they can only achieve if they win their final five games.

The futility has seemingly given Scott some perspective, and the head coach was self-critical of his coaching on Wednesday:

Byron on job he's done this seasons self-assessing: "I'm very critical of myself. I think I could have done better. I can do better."

Scott also blamed the times we live in for the ineffectiveness of his communication with the Lakers' young core:

Continued....
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:48 pm    Post subject:

TDIKH: April 6, 2007
by nba.com

With two minutes left, Kobe Bryant took the game into his own hands.

The star Laker broke a 103-point tie by hitting a 20-foot bucket, as he scored seven of the Lakers’ final nine points in their 112-109 victory in Seattle.

Bryant finished the night with 46 points on 13-of-27 shooting, while punishing the SuperSonics at the foul line where he hit a 19-of-24 clip.

The Lakers fell behind by eight at halftime before Bryant turned it around by exploding for 20 points in the third quarter alone.

He also added six assists, five rebounds and three steals, while Lamar Odom scored 20 points (9-of-11) with seven assists.

While Seattle enjoyed a 50-31 rebounding advantage and were led by Chris Wilcox’s career-high 32 points and 18 rebounds, the Lakers were simply too efficient by shooting 50.6 percent.

Continued....
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers In the News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10
Jump to: