THE Political Thread (All Political Discussion Here)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 886, 887, 888

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:02 pm    Post subject:

Neo-Nazi website posts list of liberals for readers to bully into suicide

Quote:
A prominent neo-Nazi website has published a list of anti-Donald Trump Twitter users to bully into suicide.

“You can troll these people and definitely get some of them to kill themselves,” said a post on The Daily Stormer, which is named after a Third Reich paper.

Its exhortation to violence came at the end of a post with embedded tweets of users afraid that Trump’s presidency could lead to danger against minorities, women and gay people.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:06 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Donald Trump, the new president-elect of the United States, once said he punched a teacher in the face when he was in the second grade. So did he?

Here’s what he wrote in his 1987 book, “The Art of the Deal“:

Quote:
Even in elementary school, I was a very assertive, aggressive kid. In the second grade I actually gave a teacher a black eye. I punched my music teacher because I didn’t think he knew anything about music and I almost got expelled. I’m not proud of that, but it’s clear evidence that even early on I had a tendency to stand up and make my opinions known in a forceful way. The difference now is that I like to use my brain instead of my fists.

I asked Trump spokespeople whether they had any comment on the passage from years ago, and what the president-elect would advise students today to do when they have a disagreement with a teacher. There was no response.

Given that Trump has repeatedly said things that weren’t true about a variety of topics, it seems fair to ask whether he really did punch a teacher.

Trump Claims To Have Punched a Teacher
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:08 pm    Post subject:

Haha aussiedude I like your thread.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:22 pm    Post subject:

YSong wrote:
Haha aussiedude I like your thread.

Thank You YSong. By building a wall between this and the Political Thread, we can 'Make the Political Thread Great Again!' We can drain the Swamp and give the Trump angst a place to land for a proper burial.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:25 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
I give this thread about 10 minutes

Nah. It's going to be Really Really Terrific. It'll be huge!

The best thread ever?
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:31 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
I give this thread about 10 minutes

Nah. It's going to be Really Really Terrific. It'll be huge!

The best thread ever?

Yes. Definitely. Don't know exactly how we're gonna do it yet, but people will really really like it. People are ready for a great thread and we're the only ones who can give it to them. Immigrant posters will be deported from the thread, and posters with fewer than a thousand posts will be stopped and frisked upon entry. It's gonna be fantastic!
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:44 pm    Post subject:

I merged this one.
I'll delete the next one and follow with a suspension.
Let's give it rest, please.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:31 pm    Post subject: Is it possible to have a political thread?

I mean, I didn't think there was a way to lock a catch all thread for political talk. I'm the last person to give thread advice, but won't it just leak into other threads? Can't we drop the emotions, ban who needs banned and move on to having a civilized discussion? Don't let an isolated incident be a reason to not have a thread.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:56 pm    Post subject:

Of course it is possible, we've had one for a long time now.

It's taking a week long break for emotions to cool down.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:03 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

That's kinda my point, didn't think even an election could actually hault it. I just guessed the mods just ban people that spew actual offensive content and none of us have to hear it, we just move on. We've lived through other elections before this. I just thought we were more tolerant than this. The fact that it hit a timeout then says a lot. God bless America.
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:08 pm    Post subject:

fansincemagic wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

That's kinda my point, didn't think even an election could actually hault it. I just guessed the mods just ban people that spew actual offensive content and none of us have to hear it, we just move on. We've lived through other elections before this. I just thought we were more tolerant than this. The fact that it hit a timeout then says a lot. God bless America.

Tensions are high and rather than enforcing each violation of the TOS, the thread was put on a time-out.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:19 pm    Post subject:

fansincemagic wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

That's kinda my point, didn't think even an election could actually hault it. I just guessed the mods just ban people that spew actual offensive content and none of us have to hear it, we just move on. We've lived through other elections before this.

Not like this one. That's not to say that we won't survive this one. We will. That's what we do in the country - survive and progress even if there are devastating setbacks along the way.

Quote:
I just thought we were more tolerant than this. The fact that it hit a timeout then says a lot. God bless America.

I'd prefer a timeout for the good minds on both sides of the issue who post here to reset and re-adjust to this next phase of American politics and re-engage the conversation than see people get banned - on either side.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:29 pm    Post subject:

LET IT GO Ice Princess

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:00 pm    Post subject: FaceBook Fake News Stories

LINK

This article bodes my opinion of what Michael Moore said about Dumbed Down America.

Donald Trump and his team were a lot smarter than they were given credit for.
Quote:

Honestly, people are definitely dumber. They just keep passing stuff around. Nobody fact-checks anything anymore — I mean, that’s how Trump got elected. He just said whatever he wanted, and people believed everything, and when the things he said turned out not to be true, people didn’t care because they’d already accepted it. It’s real scary. I’ve never seen anything like it.

These stories aren't limited to any particular forum. They lie about any and everything. At least you know the Onion is BS. Facebook is a little different. I also believe it reaches more people.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: FaceBook Fake News Stories

jodeke wrote:
LINK

This article bodes my opinion of what Michael Moore said about Dumbed Down America.

Quote:

Honestly, people are definitely dumber. They just keep passing stuff around. Nobody fact-checks anything anymore — I mean, that’s how Trump got elected. He just said whatever he wanted, and people believed everything, and when the things he said turned out not to be true, people didn’t care because they’d already accepted it. It’s real scary. I’ve never seen anything like it.

These stories aren't limited to any particular forum. They lie about any and everything. At least you know the Onion is BS. Facebook is a little different. I also believe it reaches more people.

How is Facebook different? It's a social media venue for people to share things from personal stories, jokes, photos and other things. Just because some people use it to post articles doesn't mean it's even remotely pretending to be a news source.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

LakerSanity

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: FaceBook Fake News Stories

jodeke wrote:
LINK

Quote:

Since obviously you can't help but re-engage in political talk while the political thread is under suspension, I'll just suspend you until the thread is re-opened.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 886, 887, 888
Page 888 of 888
Jump to: