SUNS -at- LAKERS -- 10/31 -- Thoughts and :-)) ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject:

jmac78 wrote:
Awesome. I read your review after every game, DB! I have two comments.

1. I am happy to see Radman hustle and pass and just plain play ball, even if he can't shoot right now. I can totally see he's more than just a shooter. That's a happy surprise.

2. I'd like Odom to throw it down every now and then, instead of chipping layups all the time. That way, he doesn't expose the ball to being blocked to guys like Marion. I noticed he doesn't jump as high as he can, nor extend when laying it up. A couple of times there, I was yelling at him through the TV to JAM THAT SUCKA IN!

You have to work awful hard to find a flaw in 34, 16, 6
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
I just hope Phil and Kobe demand this kind of aggression out of him when 24 gets back.
Magic, on the TNT show, said that Kobe should be in LO's ear saying "That's What I Want From You Everynight!!"

Sir Charles stated that he was very surprised that LO hasn't scored 30+ points many times in the game cuz he has the game to do it every night.

Interesting Observation: The ESPN guy before Dan Patrick said that LO is an overly-hyped player that everybody tries to bring up. fyi: His other categories are 1) Superstars - where there are only 3-4 such as Kobe, DWade, Duncan & LeBron; 2) Stars with flaws in their game such as Nash, Shaq, Pierce, etc. and 4) Stiffs
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Cook's D was suprisingly good. He seems to have lost some of that weight and is moving much better on the defensive end. That being said, he's probably still a weak post man defender but if he can just defend the pick and roll and clog up the paint like he was last night - that's a big improvement from Brian. Who I like:
Wolf - respect your opinion of Cook. I think Cook's "D" was surprisingly better than what we normally get from him - which is very little. Having watched the game, the defensive plan was to sag and eliminate Nash's passing options to force him to shoot and/or have the Suns take contested shots on the perimeter - as oppose to wide-open looks. This made it easier for Cook to "Clog the Paint" with LO and Bynum and Vlad with a smaller team.

I really hope that Cook will find a way to be more of a presence in the paint with teams with legimate "bigs." Thomas, Diaw, Marion, etc. are not legimate "bigs" - though they play the PF/C positions

btw: the way that Vlad is playing should be an example of what Cookie should/can be doing?!?!
koolruningz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
koolruningz wrote:
Thanks DB. What a way to start the season.
I missed the 2nd and 3rd quarters on the radio (i had to take my eldest son to hoop practice) but i caught the end of the 4th and couldnt believe what i was hearing.
Lamar, what can you say about that performance? He just seems so much more confident and focused these days. Bynum is really making strides after an average SPL, now he is getting game time to learn what works and what doesnt and you can just see the confidence flowing through him.
I cant fully express how happy it made me to beat the Suns, especially being so riddled with injuries. They seem to have an arrogance that they reserve especially for the Lakers and it feels great to have sent them packing.

man you should've made your son stay home to watch that game. to show him "Now Thats how you play basketball"

If i'd had the luxury of watching the game then my wife would have been taking him to practice, but as i only had a radio feed i felt i could miss part of the game.
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject:

Great recap DB!!

Two questions:

1. Will PJ give LO the green light to stay aggressive when Kobe gets back?

or...

2. Will LO defer to Kobe and have inconsistency plague his season?

I always said that LO should have the offense ran through him. He was a mismatch wating to happen last night.
insidepresence
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject:

I think Kobe will let Lamar play his game. He was encouraging him a lot behind the bench, and they apparently grew close this summer. I wouldn't be suprised to see Lamar average 20/10 this year.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject:

really impressive win. Lamar Odom 34 pt game, Bynum aggressive offensively, both amazing. Lamar even went with his right hand a couple of times, shows he's more confident this season. And Bynum, that spin move was deceptively quick, and that awkward sky was effective nonetheless. Bynum even hit a cluth shot to beat the shotclock. His timing in defense needs to improve, but damn, that was a joy to watch.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject:

Texas_Pete wrote:
Great recap DB!!

Two questions:

or...

I always said that LO should have the offense ran through him. He was a mismatch wating to happen last night.

Lamar always had the green light, we wasn't just taking advantage of it last season (at least until the 2nd half of last season). It's up to Lamar, it's not because of Phil or Kobe, they all have their roles to fill in.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
coop-a-loop
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject:

Bynum was very impressive. His game reminded me of the opening night of Kobe's sophomore season against the Utah Jazz..a rookie who displayed flashes of brilliance in his first season out of high school, then played a great game in the openig game of his second season against a WC rival.

Bynum will be an All-Star someday. I do not know if he will be a superstar like Shaq, but he will be a stud. What impressed me so much about him is his court awareness and level of intelligence out there on the court...you gotta love all those passes he made to cutters and spot up shooters...how he slows things down, tries to read the defense, and anticipates the double teams. Kareem trained him well. At the age of 19, he already has a better sense of things than KWame Brown. You also got to love the kid's heart and competitive fire...it will more than make up for his perceived lack of athleticism.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
Texas_Pete wrote:
Great recap DB!!

Two questions:

or...

Lamar always had the green light, we wasn't just taking advantage of it last season (at least until the 2nd half of last season). It's up to Lamar, it's not because of Phil or Kobe, they all have their roles to fill in.

I agree. I think he's had the green light. A problem was trying to learn the Tri, and then finally getting moved into a position closer to the hoop instead of making swing passes at the top of the key.

But he definitely needs to maintain his aggressiveness when Kobe comes back. Keep imposing his will on the game, like Kobe does. Don't throttle back the aggressiveness.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject:

coop-a-loop wrote:
What impressed me so much about him is his court awareness and level of intelligence out there on the court...you gotta love all those passes he made to cutters and spot up shooters...how he slows things down, tries to read the defense, and anticipates the double teams.

Very impressive. I've always been impressed by his poise, since first seeing him. You see a lot of you bigs get jittery, but he looks to read the floor well. Once we all get on the same page, his reads and the team's reads will pick up the pace a bit. Sometimes they are off a few beats and it slows things down. Should be fun to watch as they grow.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: