LAKERS -at- WARRIORS -- 11/1 -- Thoughts and :-)) ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nudizl_Forshizl
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:41 am    Post subject:

nice recap per usual, DB

btw, what happened to baron? he looked great to start the game, then he just totally self destructed in the 2nd half. isn't that kinda his MO?
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:46 am    Post subject:

Dorray wrote:
ocho wrote:
i think this time off for kobe is a blessing in disguise.

let the kids get confident.
let the kids get playing time.
let the coaches see what the kids can do.

who's next to have a career night?!

I agree. I'm actually kind of worried about what is going to happen once Kobe gets back into the lineup. Lots of questions...is Odom going to stay agressive and consistent? Can the new guys adjust to Kobe's style? Will guys get more open looks with Kobe on the floor? Or will they choke under pressure and pass back to Kobe for a fadeaway three with 2 seconds on the shotclock? Will the rookies get less PT? I'm not sure how well the team will gel at first with #24 back. I think after a dozen games everyone will be on the same page and we will be even better (of course).

Don't worry at all- as I have stated several times Kobe is going to come back to the line-up where he left off in the sun's series... he is going to be in Uber-Facilitator mode. Mark my words Kobe is sooooooo happy that he has some players who can finish playing with him again- he will bend over backwards to feed the ball to them.

Kobe only goes into 81 point mode when he feels that is the only way they will score enough to win the game- that has how it has been for the last two seasons. Now Mitch has finally gotten some players around Kobe that he can have confidence in. Kobe knows the triangle better than any one on the team so while his knee is still weak he will be acting like a coach out there on the floor. This team will be very strong when he gets back, I can't wait!
Spirit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:57 am    Post subject:

Dancing Madsen wrote:
Dorray wrote:
ocho wrote:

I agree. I'm actually kind of worried about what is going to happen once Kobe gets back into the lineup. Lots of questions...is Odom going to stay agressive and consistent? Can the new guys adjust to Kobe's style? Will guys get more open looks with Kobe on the floor? Or will they choke under pressure and pass back to Kobe for a fadeaway three with 2 seconds on the shotclock? Will the rookies get less PT? I'm not sure how well the team will gel at first with #24 back. I think after a dozen games everyone will be on the same page and we will be even better (of course).

Don't worry at all- as I have stated several times Kobe is going to come back to the line-up where he left off in the sun's series... he is going to be in Uber-Facilitator mode. Mark my words Kobe is sooooooo happy that he has some players who can finish playing with him again- he will bend over backwards to feed the ball to them.

Kobe only goes into 81 point mode when he feels that is the only way they will score enough to win the game- that has how it has been for the last two seasons. Now Mitch has finally gotten some players around Kobe that he can have confidence in. Kobe knows the triangle better than any one on the team so while his knee is still weak he will be acting like a coach out there on the floor. This team will be very strong when he gets back, I can't wait!

------

Yep. I think Kobe will accept, even relish, such a role. Remember when he got injured back in 2001? The team was rolling while he was out, and everyone was worried about whether Kobe would ruin the chemistry once he returned? Well, Kobe fit in real nicely once he returned, and that team turned into a playoff juggernaut! Here's hoping it's deja vu all over again!
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject:

Great job, DB.
RYZ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:13 am    Post subject:

Thanks, DB.

Regarding Sasha and his lack of PT, I have to say: I like that Rambis isn't infatuated with him... as Phil seems to be. When the starting lineups were announced before the opener, I thought, "WTH, did Phil even watch the preseason games?"

In any event, I'm sure Sasha will gradually fall out of favor in due time, and it sure is nice starting off 2-0 without Kobe. Oh, and Mo Evans is definitely looking like Mitch's finest non-draft move yet... law of averages I suppose.
Film235
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject:

Thanks again DB, fantastic recap as usual!!! I'm really loving our lineup here. A healthy Ronny, a talented Bynum, a pistol of a PG in Farmar, and an injured sharpshooter who does whatever it takes to score and create opportunity for his teammates. The Lakers could really have something here. I'm excited to see how they match-up against other NBA elite teams.

Go Lakers!!!
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject:

Walton was just great this game. He always seemed to be in the middle of things. As usual, whenever he was around, good things just seem to happen.
cirehawk
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:41 am    Post subject:

I truly believe that once we win the championship, right away we will begin to see posts from people already worrying about something for the next year. It's time to be excited folks. We are building something good here. Anyone who thinks that Kobe doesn't know how to fit in with the team concept has bought into the media hype and have not watched Kobe too closely in his career. Kobe is a winner and a competitor. Does he make mistakes at times because of that competitiveness? Yes. But he does what it takes to win. Kobe will fit in just fine.

If we hit a stretch where we are playing bad, then I would expect complaints or criticisms (constructive hopefully). But for now, can't we just enjoy the excitement of this team and how good they will be when we get the best player back; and not create problems before they exist?
Klone_dd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject:

I'm having fun watching these games. The energy, enthusiasm and togetherness of this team is very evident.

Ronny is probably the leader of the energy & enthusiasm pack. I really like how heady a player he is. He doesn't just outwork you, but he also outthinks you. Another Phil-coached intelligent player.

Lamar is a totally different player so far. No more indecision, no more deferring to the detriment of his own game. Hopefully, this continues when Kobe returns. I'm very impressed with the way he closed out this game. After GS cuts the lead to 9, LO returns for a layup, def rebound, def rebound, 3 pt play, assist (3 ptr), assist (dunk). Lights out.

Everyone else not named Sasha contributed.

The zone GS threw out disrupted the Lakers a bit. They need to do a better job recognizing the seams earlier.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject:

Dorray wrote:
ocho wrote:

^^me Too. Its kind of how the lakers looked when shaq used to go down. they would stall at first then realize No snaqs. so then they would learn how to play as a team where everyone got involved. then the winning streak. then snaq gets back. and they lose. because he was so dominate you had to give him the ball and the PT. but that messed with the team's Cohesion.

Same could happen if Bryant comes back and starts playing 40+minutes.

The way i see it. and I know its early and we haven't played any real defensive type of opponents as of yet. but the way i see it. Bryant needs to come in, just being one of the guys. and I'm serious about that. no iso plays, unless its in the post. and even then he has to take turns with others, given them chances to post up. since everyone is doing it.

When its Bryant time, late in the 4th in a comeback, or a tight game. Then go right ahead and do the kobe. but for the rest of the game. be just one of the guys. get off the ball so much, let the guards, walton and odom handle it. And do not look off Bynum ala sasha style.

quiet as kept, he could play like Ray allen and it would be just perfect. especially since Rads hand is hurt. we still need that serious 3 point threat. what would happen with the team playing this kind of non-stagnant team ball and kobe was sitting out on the perimeter? teams wouldn't know if they should zone us or not. because that would leave bryant free for a wide open jumper, dont want to do that.

at this rate, we wouldn't have to worry about kobe being kobe physically. or knee getting sore again on back to backs. because he wouldn't play ridiculous minutes night in and night out. in addition he wouldn't be doing all the work.
I'm The Dan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject:

Dancing Madsen wrote:
Dorray wrote:
ocho wrote:

I really hope so. Kobe is the best player in the league right. He's standing head-and-shoulders over everyone. If he can find a way to blend into the offense and get everyone involved alah the Phoenix series, dude would be head-and-jock above everyone.

Any chance he plays friday?
Rick12322
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Thanks DB, as always I enjoy reading your informative and colorful reports.

We're seeing the Lakers Master plan unveil before our eyes, and it's looking good! We are just seeing glimpses of this teams future!

Bynum is going to need a couple more years to get the nba conditioning and endurance needed for consistent Defensive effort. I could see when he got tired against the Suns, he resorted to standing around and watching rebounds go by. I saw some of this in this BTB game also, like the fatigue carried over. We need to realize that and be patient with his development. He's going to be really special.

This Lakers team is deep and versatile, it's going to be a fun year.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject:

Farmar put up a nice effort against fellow UCLA alum Davis. The fouls called on Bynum were really questionable and prevented him for being able to contribute like he did last game. I don't think he has a conditioning issue since he was still hustling at the 4th like he did in the 1st. With Ronny and Bynum actively contributing, I think Kwame and Mihm have to cut down on their own mistakes (fumbling passes and quick fouls) if they want to have any PT.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject:

RYZ wrote:
Thanks, DB.

Regarding Sasha and his lack of PT, I have to say: I like that Rambis isn't infatuated with him... as Phil seems to be. When the starting lineups were announced before the opener, I thought, "WTH, did Phil even watch the preseason games?"

In any event, I'm sure Sasha will gradually fall out of favor in due time, and it sure is nice starting off 2-0 without Kobe. Oh, and Mo Evans is definitely looking like Mitch's finest non-draft move yet... law of averages I suppose.

What are you talking about? Sasha was actually excellent in preseason. It's in the regular season that he instantly sucked.
Bergamotichek
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject:

Alpha wrote:
thanks as usual deeb! been anxiously waiting for your report

You know... if you add a "w"... its dweeb.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject:

Oh, yeah, well if you just take off the "J" in "JD" and add a "WEEB" it also spells dweeb. So there.
coop-a-loop
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject:

good read.

The team is playing well. I just hope the chemistry works out when KObe comes back and the rest of the Lakers, especially Lamar, stay aggresive.

I think it will work out. This team learned alot from the success they had late last season and the Phoenix series.
Wolverine
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:29 am    Post subject:

JD wrote:
You know... if you add a "w"... its dweeb.

DancingBarry wrote:
Oh, yeah, well if you just take off the "J" in "JD" and add a "WEEB" it also spells dweeb. So there.

Uh oh, Mod vs. Mod!

Fight! Fight! Fight!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: