Why Do Certain Links Get Deleted?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> User Feedback / Report a Bug Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: Why Do Certain Links Get Deleted?

On a few seperate occassions, I've seen links to articles be taken down because they have a negative view of the Lakers in some way, shape, or form. There isn't any vulgar content or something that isn't suitable for the "all ages" theme of the board, it just simply states a view of the team that we may not share. I don't understand this.

The reason I personally come to LG is because it's the best collection of information regarding the Lakers ANYWHERE, and instead of having to go to multiple sites for Laker news, I can just come here and it's surely been discussed in the first three pages. Deleting these links detracts from that.

The only opinions of value should not just be the ones that we agree with.

Just my two cents.
Mr. LakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject:

I like it like that, again why feed traffic to tools who have nothing better to do then trash the Lakers?
Bergamotichek
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject:

As I responded to you in the thread with the deleted link...

You know who wrote the article. You know how to use Google and your web browser, right?

I knew about Vescey's crap article before it was written and I also know the motivation behind the jackass that Vescey is using as a source. We are not going to be a direct supplier of traffic to crap like that.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject:

JD wrote:
As I responded to you in the thread with the deleted link...

You know who wrote the article. You know how to use Google and your web browser, right?

I knew about Vescey's crap article before it was written and I also know the motivation behind the jackass that Vescey is using as a source. We are not going to be a direct supplier of traffic to crap like that.

In response to your rhetorical question...yes, I do know how to use Google. As I said, I appreciate LG because it is a consolidation of almost all Laker related news, which is immeasurably more convenient and time efficient than doing Google searches instead.

My question was directed toward the mentality in general, not just the Vecsey article. I disagree with your point of view that you guys should delete Laker related articles by national writers because you don't feel that the article has value. But it doesn't matter what I think, it's your site, not mine. I asked a question, and you answered it. Thank you for doing so, even if some unwarranted condescention was mixed in.
Bergamotichek
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject:

We didn't delete any article. The text of the post was left in its entirety. The ONLY thing deleted was the link, providing a direct source of traffic, to an obvious Laker hating (Kobe is a Laker) article.

And unwarranted condescension? Dude... grow some thicker skin.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> User Feedback / Report a Bug All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: