Drummond

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:21 am    Post subject: Drummond

Pistons are reportedly still considering moving Jackson and Drummond.

http://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/pistons-gauging-trade-market-andre-drummond-reggie-jackson/374727

I really don't want Jackson on the team, although he would be a good PG coming off the bench, but I would strongly consider Drummond.

A couple years ago this guy was dominating the eastern conference and putting up All Start Numbers. I believe that Jackson stagnated his game a bit and he took a step back. However, he's still on ly 23/24 and has a ton of upside. He's super athletic and very strong down low. His defensive game leaves a lot to be desired, but you simply can't manufacture that size and strength nowadays in this league.

Detroit has an odd pic at number 12 in the draft. Even though the draft is relatively deep, there may not be anything the Lakers could get at the 12 spot.

Should we try to make a move for his services? Or do most of you consider him a wash?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:45 am    Post subject:

He is the antithesis of today's NBA. Can't shoot. Can't hit FTs. Useless on offense. Defensively can protect the rim, but not sure I'd be willing to give up any premium assets for him.
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:41 am    Post subject:

I mean this kid was an All Star in 2016 in that year he averaged 16PTS and 14RBS per game. This past season his averages were low, but still managed a double double. I do agree that he has no defensive game whatsoever, but is that something that can change.

So in your opinion is it safe to say to stay away from Traditional BIGS with Back to the Basket games, especially if they can't defend?

IMO nobody plays defense in the NBA not named Kawai Leonard. We know James Harden has never played defense not one NBA game his entire career, but that won't change his status as an ALL-Star player, nor the willingness for other teams to want his services should the become available. I believe the NBA has gotten away from traditional BIGS, but that doesn't mean that a team can't still benefit from having one.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
He is the antithesis of today's NBA. Can't shoot. Can't hit FTs. Useless on offense. Defensively can protect the rim, but not sure I'd be willing to give up any premium assets for him.

He's no where near reaching his ceiling. Sky is the limit for him if he goes to a team that develops him well, sooner the better

Can the lakers be that team? Not sure, but I'd definitely try to see if there's a trade deal both teams agree on

Btw he's not just useless on offense. He's got surprisingly good handles. The free throw shooting is a serious concern though. I guess it all depends on whether or not he's a hard worker that wants to get better, or is just looking for his payday

edit; after thinking about it some more and looking at the trade machine I don't really see any realistic trade. so let's forget about this
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject:

Pass on Drummond

The biggest issue with him isn't shooting or freethrows. It's his lack of effort, which makes his defense (and rebounding slightly) inconsistent. This compounds his weaknesses even further given he is completely reliant on his physical gifts.

Think along the lines of how we facepalm when Randle doesn't play hard every other game while hoping he changes someday. Drummond is similar in that regard only we'll be paying him 25 mil. There's a reason the pistons are making him available.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: