Warning - The Constant Negativity Will No Longer Be Tolerated
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> User Feedback / Report a Bug Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject:

Eindhoven wrote:
That's a great thing and I just regret this measure wasn't taken two years ago. I hope people don't confuse being critical with being negative and bear in mind one can just as annoying by being overly optimistic. Someone (player, coach, FO) can make the biggest (bleep) ever and there will be fools clapping. Especially when people accuse others of being "no true Lakers fans" simply because they have a different opinion or being critical.

a million times this
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:45 pm    Post subject:

(bleep) Thank You LG mods, you guys are awesome. Go Lakers
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:18 pm    Post subject:

Thank you!! LG has been my happy place for 10+ years, and the past few weeks have been really frustrating with the constant negativity, whining, and the like. Cheers to the cleanup!
GreekTrojan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:37 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
Eindhoven wrote:
That's a great thing and I just regret this measure wasn't taken two years ago. I hope people don't confuse being critical with being negative and bear in mind one can just as annoying by being overly optimistic. Someone (player, coach, FO) can make the biggest (bleep) ever and there will be fools clapping. Especially when people accuse others of being "no true Lakers fans" simply because they have a different opinion or being critical.

a million times this

This. Be reasonable with how you moderate this. I'll leave this board if it becomes an unabashed homer fest. Given my critical eval of Lonzo and previous estimations of poor Lakers records (which ended up being accurate), I'd hate to be chased off this board because I'm not with LG company line. I'm not worried really but just want to double down on it here.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject:

Thank you. There's been a lot of trolling from nonLaker fans who create accounts just to troll.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:00 pm    Post subject:

GreekTrojan wrote:
levon wrote:
Eindhoven wrote:

a million times this

This. Be reasonable with how you moderate this. I'll leave this board if it becomes an unabashed homer fest. Given my critical eval of Lonzo and previous estimations of poor Lakers records (which ended up being accurate), I'd hate to be chased off this board because I'm not with LG company line. I'm not worried really but just want to double down on it here.

Nah, they're just saying don't come in here and start talking a bunch of crap about someone without actually supporting it. You do actually provide something constructive.

What they're really targeting I think are the infamous one liners by folks that just attempt to tear down a player or the FO or other posters, or some of the posters who for some reason felt the need to just keep rehashing the same negative stuff over and over to everyone and never actually listening to what anyone had to say in response to the point of where you're looking at the poster wondering what their end game is....eg was it just to mark a certain thread as their territory to get the last word in by bashing everyone else's position as "not having logic" or whatever self aggrandizing rationale was placed. It was getting to the point where I really wished we just had an ignore function so I could just not ever accidentally see a glimpse of their exhausting posts.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:15 pm    Post subject:

If we can also cut back on the sensationalism.

BREAKING NEWS was the old meme, Now it's just bolded not funny headlines..it's still just a meme, like cool story bro, it's so serious....
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
GreekTrojan wrote:
levon wrote:
Eindhoven wrote:

a million times this

Nah, they're just saying don't come in here and start talking a bunch of crap about someone without actually supporting it. You do actually provide something constructive.

What they're really targeting I think are the infamous one liners by folks that just attempt to tear down a player or the FO or other posters, or some of the posters who for some reason felt the need to just keep rehashing the same negative stuff over and over to everyone and never actually listening to what anyone had to say in response to the point of where you're looking at the poster wondering what their end game is....eg was it just to mark a certain thread as their territory to get the last word in by bashing everyone else's position as "not having logic" or whatever self aggrandizing rationale was placed. It was getting to the point where I really wished we just had an ignore function so I could just not ever accidentally see a glimpse of their exhausting posts.

I think what they are saying is everyone should go back and read the terms of service. Follow the guidelines or leave.

It's Lakersground not Lakers/Reddit.
crackadon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Great move, everyone. Let's all work together to to be more positive and like the OP said, if someone has criticism, back it up with proof, rather than with cliches or insults.

Kudos, LG.

€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Many thanks! It's truly my belief that when the chips are down, and our players' energy is spent, the momentum is swung by one play. That play is reliant that everyone in P&G are in on it for us, for Greatness, for the 17th banner and on to 20...
Jellojigglin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:17 pm    Post subject:

As a long time poster I have noticed it too on the board. This is common with some of your most frequent posters on here too.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject:

double post, sorry.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject:

Eindhoven wrote:

When people have a reasonable argument and they don't go on and on. They should make their point, discuss it and move on. Some of these guys are just saying, so and so sucks, over and over and over and over.

Once your point is stated, quit harping on it to the rest of us who disagree with you. If I have heard your argument and you don't have my, or many others, in agreement, then stop talking about it all the time.

There are appropriate moments but they should be fewer and farther between.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:37 pm    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
DrDent wrote:
GreekTrojan wrote:
levon wrote:
Eindhoven wrote:
a million times this

I think what they are saying is everyone should go back and read the terms of service. Follow the guidelines or leave.

It's Lakersground not Lakers/Reddit.
Thanks for the Moderators' TLC

Agree that this forum is definitely not an "Reddit" area

Troll Bombs are unnecessary where substantive dialogue is desired
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:22 am    Post subject:

Got it.

Ball is protected

But we can have open season on Deng
lordtrapula
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:58 am    Post subject:

Thanks Mods!!!
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:31 am    Post subject:

999 wrote:
Got it.

Ball is protected

But we can have open season on Deng

And Jimbo
OnTheLakersBandWagon
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:57 am    Post subject:

Two negatives make a positive.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject:

Please keep using the report feature when you see violations of this warning. We are responding to them and they are helpful.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
Eindhoven wrote:

When people have a reasonable argument and they don't go on and on. They should make their point, discuss it and move on. Some of these guys are just saying, so and so sucks, over and over and over and over.

Once your point is stated, quit harping on it to the rest of us who disagree with you. If I have heard your argument and you don't have my, or many others, in agreement, then stop talking about it all the time.

I agree with you, but my point here is another one. It's more like:

"Man, what did Magic do? What a terrible decision! I disagree because of reasons A, B and C."

"Hey, you can't bash on Magic, he's a Laker legend, best PG of all times and he does no wrong. If you disagree with him, you're no Laker fan, go post on ClipperGround!"

A bit exaggerated, but we've all read something like this here, recently. That kind of behavior is much worse, IMO.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:32 pm    Post subject:

Eindhoven wrote:
Wino wrote:
Eindhoven wrote:

I agree with you, but my point here is another one. It's more like:

"Man, what did Magic do? What a terrible decision! I disagree because of reasons A, B and C."

"Hey, you can't bash on Magic, he's a Laker legend, best PG of all times and he does no wrong. If you disagree with him, you're no Laker fan, go post on ClipperGround!"

A bit exaggerated, but we've all read something like this here, recently. That kind of behavior is much worse, IMO.

Well, except it is more like Magic sucks, I have never liked him because of his posts on Twitter!! He is such a dumb-arse. The Lakers are doomed with him at the helm. If this is how bad his first week is going to be, imagine how bad he will be with even MORE time to mess things up!!!

So, yeah, these guys should quit bashing on Magic and give him more time. It's one thing to come out and say you are worried about some of his decisions but that is not what many of them are doing. They are coming out and definitively saying that his decisions are wrong and he sucks for making the choices he has made.

I think those types of hard core posts are made by people with their heads stuck where the sun don't shine!
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:56 pm    Post subject:

^I think you need to concern yourself with your own opinions and what you post here, and leave it to the mods to decide when someone has crossed the line. People can have negative opinions about any person (including Magic) or issue, but its about how those things are communicated. And if you have a problem with an opinion, which is articulated in a thoughtful/articulate way, then you can either address that opinion with respect or you can ignore. What you cannot do is say "those people have their heads tuck where the sun don't shine" simply because you disagree with them.

The point is not to censure opinions. The point is also not to give you or anyone an excuse to attack any group of posters or to pit posters against each other, but, if anything, the opposite. We want to foster an environment that raises the level of discussion in a pleasurable way which nurtures comradery and attracts thoughtful posters to this site rather than turning them off.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:14 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Please keep using the report feature when you see violations of this warning. We are responding to them and they are helpful.

#StayInYoLane
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject:

Thank you! Free agency thread was getting bad
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
^I think you need to concern yourself with your own opinions and what you post here, and leave it to the mods to decide when someone has crossed the line. People can have negative opinions about any person (including Magic) or issue, but its about how those things are communicated. And if you have a problem with an opinion, which is articulated in a thoughtful/articulate way, then you can either address that opinion with respect or you can ignore. What you cannot do is say "those people have their heads tuck where the sun don't shine" simply because you disagree with them.

The point is not to censure opinions. The point is also not to give you or anyone an excuse to attack any group of posters or to pit posters against each other, but, if anything, the opposite. We want to foster an environment that raises the level of discussion in a pleasurable way which nurtures comradery and attracts thoughtful posters to this site rather than turning them off.

Thoughtful/articulate posts? Last time I looked this is an Internet sports fan message board. Lofty goals but basically impossible to enforce I would say, without creating a semi official opinion that must be adhered to. We already see this type of group think without having management enforce it. As distasteful as many people find others repeatedly expressing opinions that disagree with their own, I would prefer a Mad Max type discussion rather than turning the entire site into a consensus opinion safe space.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> User Feedback / Report a Bug All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5
Jump to: