Warning - The Constant Negativity Will No Longer Be Tolerated
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> User Feedback / Report a Bug Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:15 pm    Post subject:

I see diverse opinions all over the place, which is why threads keep going and going. There is no reason to believe that people cannot be held to a higher standard, which is also one of the reasons LG is one of the most successful boards out there... because traditionally we have done exactly what we are doing now. It's gotten out of control and we're reigning it in. Simple as that.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
rebirth
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject:

Jellojigglin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:48 pm    Post subject:

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject:

Jellojigglin wrote:
Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
- Eleanor Roosevelt

Good quote.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
^I think you need to concern yourself with your own opinions and what you post here, and leave it to the mods to decide when someone has crossed the line. People can have negative opinions about any person (including Magic) or issue, but its about how those things are communicated. And if you have a problem with an opinion, which is articulated in a thoughtful/articulate way, then you can either address that opinion with respect or you can ignore. What you cannot do is say "those people have their heads tuck where the sun don't shine" simply because you disagree with them.

The point is not to censure opinions. The point is also not to give you or anyone an excuse to attack any group of posters or to pit posters against each other, but, if anything, the opposite. We want to foster an environment that raises the level of discussion in a pleasurable way which nurtures comradery and attracts thoughtful posters to this site rather than turning them off.

Well, opinions without subtext, discourse and some open mindedness is the problem. People make outlandishly negative comments, which if done in moderation is fine, but when done ad-nauseum is annoying. You guys say you are reigning it in, I assume you are reigning in the ad-nauseum negative posts that are not interested in discourse. This is what I am talking about. If I am missing the point, then I am not sure what you guys are saying or doing here.

I don't care if people don't like Magic or Rob or Luke or Jeannie, or who ever. I don't care if they don't like the direction the Lakers are trying to head in right now. I do have a problem with it when they state their opinions with an edge that is mean, has a "know it all" feeling to it or is done too often. For instance, I really hated Jim and I still encouraged everyone to give him his chance. It took a lot of errors before I started saying the Lakers should move on from him. Nobody is right or wrong, it's all opinion.

Not arguing, I think you all do a great job running this site, but some of the posts do drive me crazy and I just have to move on when they go that way. I have found more and more that I have to move on from. On the other hand, there is still a ton of great information and discussion here, I really do understand the difficulty of moderating a group like this. I did it for over 10 years on another site myself, which is probably why I get a little surly with some people sometimes. I burn out on the stupidity and have become less PC over it.
Boybees
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:49 pm    Post subject:

Thanks, I have been posting on this forum since 2001 - I'm a diehard, lifelong Lakers fan. The quality of the forum has declined dramatically over the years. I hope this intervention restores it to what it once was.
D's Advocate
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:55 pm    Post subject:

great move.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number Reply with quote
lakerMark
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:51 am    Post subject:

Best post in 3 years thank you go Lakers!!! I loved this site back in the days when Eric Pincus was here.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:33 am    Post subject:

A little dose of KCP should hopefully quell the rebellion a bit.
JH from Hemet
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:11 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
A little dose of KCP should hopefully quell the rebellion a bit.

You would think

Just saw a post that called that signing like a 5 game swing

I mean....come on man
MojoRisin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject:

now if you can fix all the "official" threads.
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
^I think you need to concern yourself with your own opinions and what you post here, and leave it to the mods to decide when someone has crossed the line. People can have negative opinions about any person (including Magic) or issue, but its about how those things are communicated. And if you have a problem with an opinion, which is articulated in a thoughtful/articulate way, then you can either address that opinion with respect or you can ignore. What you cannot do is say "those people have their heads tuck where the sun don't shine" simply because you disagree with them.

The point is not to censure opinions. The point is also not to give you or anyone an excuse to attack any group of posters or to pit posters against each other, but, if anything, the opposite. We want to foster an environment that raises the level of discussion in a pleasurable way which nurtures comradery and attracts thoughtful posters to this site rather than turning them off.

Thoughtful/articulate posts? Last time I looked this is an Internet sports fan message board. Lofty goals but basically impossible to enforce I would say, without creating a semi official opinion that must be adhered to. We already see this type of group think without having management enforce it. As distasteful as many people find others repeatedly expressing opinions that disagree with their own, I would prefer a Mad Max type discussion rather than turning the entire site into a consensus opinion safe space.

I came her and stayed here versus other well known Lakers sites for the thoughtful and articulate posts and posters. Coaches giving great breakdowns of offenses and defensive schemes, cap knowledge, etc..... I've been extra deep with my kids sports the last few years and Fios didn't carry the games so I have been away a bit. When i came back and saw the way posters were hating on each other and being extra ignorant on the posts that carried no fact or reasoning, it was a turn off.

Just this morning I was thinking of looking at some of those other sites and figured I would see what LG had to say about the Caldwell Pope pick up. Saw this topic and took a big sigh of relief.

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject:

Addicus wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Thoughtful/articulate posts? Last time I looked this is an Internet sports fan message board. Lofty goals but basically impossible to enforce I would say, without creating a semi official opinion that must be adhered to. We already see this type of group think without having management enforce it. As distasteful as many people find others repeatedly expressing opinions that disagree with their own, I would prefer a Mad Max type discussion rather than turning the entire site into a consensus opinion safe space.

I came her and stayed here versus other well known Lakers sites for the thoughtful and articulate posts and posters. Coaches giving great breakdowns of offenses and defensive schemes, cap knowledge, etc..... I've been extra deep with my kids sports the last few years and Fios didn't carry the games so I have been away a bit. When i came back and saw the way posters were hating on each other and being extra ignorant on the posts that carried no fact or reasoning, it was a turn off.

Just this morning I was thinking of looking at some of those other sites and figured I would see what LG had to say about the Caldwell Pope pick up. Saw this topic and took a big sigh of relief.

Happy KCP Day to you then. :rainbow:
Eleanor's Box
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:48 am    Post subject:

[DELETED]
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject:

Eleanor's Box wrote:
[DELETED]

short lived premiere posting...
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
Eleanor's Box wrote:
[DELETED]

short lived premiere posting...

Epic
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject:

The comments here betray a lack of insight as to some posters own conduct. There are several high volume posters who consistently comment in a condescending manner. In some cases, one needs to look no further than their signature lines to fully appreciate their contempt for others.
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject:

kevin61 wrote:
The comments here betray a lack of insight as to some posters own conduct. There are several high volume posters who consistently comment in a condescending manner. In some cases, one needs to look no further than their signature lines to fully appreciate their contempt for others.

I agree.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject:

kevin61 wrote:

Thhhyyyght!
oldlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:10 am    Post subject:

Honest discussion is great and difference of opinion helps to have a good debate.

Now that Jim is gone it should be easy to be positive.

The options the Lakers have going forward are really amazing and their are some many possible twists and turns yet we seems the be these constant recurring themes like Randle or Lopez is only here for a year that may not be true.

Intelligent insight and debate should be celebrated but the constant belittling of our plays should be banned. Focus on the guys you like and be open to guys improving. Swaggy P won many over with his good play last year but I was okay with people calling out his immature behavior.
crazylakerfan001
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject:

who is the senior mod and who do I complain to if I was biasly banned while people who did the same exact thing and I complained about did not. I feel like I have been picked on by a mod while others doing the same exact thing got away with it.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:09 pm    Post subject:

crazylakerfan001 wrote:
who is the senior mod and who do I complain to if I was biasly banned while people who did the same exact thing and I complained about did not. I feel like I have been picked on by a mod while others doing the same exact thing got away with it.

DancingBarry owns the site, LarryCoon is probably the most senior next to him.
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject:

Every 5th post of mine will be "Buck Foston" and I ain't giving no explanations!!
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject:

Wanted to say that things have been much approved lately. Ball is very much a big reason for that, but, regardless, everyone has been nicer to each other and we're seeing less and less of the negative posts and/or personal attacks we're trying to avoid. Keep it up!

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:55 pm    Post subject:

Thanks LS and Omar. Sorry I was a pest this week. Keep up the good work.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> User Feedback / Report a Bug All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5
Jump to: