Package Randall, Clarkson, and Deng....

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tilted Brim
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:43 am    Post subject: Package Randall, Clarkson, and Deng....

With the FA signing of KCP and the play of some of these rookies on the Summer League team I think it would be a fine time to package Randall, Clarkson, along with Dengs contract to make more room for whomever it is we're going for in free agency next year.

-Samuel L. Jackson & Wyclef Jean Duet 2009 ESPY'S
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Package Randall, Clarkson, and Deng....

Tilted Brim wrote:
With the FA signing of KCP and the play of some of these rookies on the Summer League team I think it would be a fine time to package Randall, Clarkson, along with Dengs contract to make more room for whomever it is we're going for in free agency next year.

Great idea, any thoughts on what team is dumb enough to take on these players $33 million dollars in contracts and give us quality players with expiring contracts?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject:

Randall who?
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:29 am    Post subject:

LOL, it's a great idea and I have to concur from the standpoint of the most recently acquired talent. I think the only team that would probably consider this type of move would be NY.
Here's why!

NY feels slighted due to Melo's inability to perform to expectations and they more than likely don't want to grant him his wish of going to a Championship contending team... In comes the Lakers!
Now we're not a contending team, but if you add Melo to the fold, he could provide the Vet leadership that we need as well as STAR POWER. He would suck up some of our cap for the following year, but we should still be able to get at least one Other Star to join him. With Randle gone from the starting lineup we could easily play Melo and BI on the floor together, because Melo is big enough to guard the 4 if needed and it might add a few more years to his career...

Ball+KCP+Melo+Ingram+Lopez,

I believe without a shadow of a doubt that's enough to make the playoffs in the Western Conference.

The Deal works for NY because they could wind up with 1 possibly two young talents if we threw in Clarkson, which Salary wise we wouldn't need to do. My deal would look something like this...

Deng+Brewer+Randle for Carmelo Anthony

Now's the time to grab him and sell him on the Next Year Option of adding High Caliber FAs. In all reality He and Brook make for a pretty formidable team especially with Ball, KCP and Ingram in the starting lineup. That's a formidable squad...
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject:

lakurluv wrote:
LOL, it's a great idea and I have to concur from the standpoint of the most recently acquired talent. I think the only team that would probably consider this type of move would be NY.
Here's why!

NY feels slighted due to Melo's inability to perform to expectations and they more than likely don't want to grant him his wish of going to a Championship contending team... In comes the Lakers!
Now we're not a contending team, but if you add Melo to the fold, he could provide the Vet leadership that we need as well as STAR POWER. He would suck up some of our cap for the following year, but we should still be able to get at least one Other Star to join him. With Randle gone from the starting lineup we could easily play Melo and BI on the floor together, because Melo is big enough to guard the 4 if needed and it might add a few more years to his career...

I believe without a shadow of a doubt that's enough to make the playoffs in the Western Conference.

The Deal works for NY because they could wind up with 1 possibly two young talents if we threw in Clarkson, which Salary wise we wouldn't need to do. My deal would look something like this...

Now's the time to grab him and sell him on the Next Year Option of adding High Caliber FAs. In all reality He and Brook make for a pretty formidable team especially with Ball, KCP and Ingram in the starting lineup. That's a formidable squad...

Why would Melo want to come here? He wants to go to Cleveland or Houston.
stag3
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject:

lakurluv wrote:
Here's why!

no way in hell the knicks take that garbage of deng/brewer/randle for melo

they get a serviceable player in randle, then 2 scrubs and a horrible contract?
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:28 pm    Post subject:

He's been here for years and some people still call him Randall?
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:

Well just be happy that you can boost your post total, correcting the poster every time they spell his name wrong!

Somehow you know who they are talking about, so why not let it go?
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:

Well just be happy that you can boost your post total, correcting the poster every time they spell his name wrong!

Somehow you know who they are talking about, so why not let it go?

This is my first post about it so really there's nothing to let go of. It's dumb and that's about it. If misspelling our players' names help people go to sleep at night then go for it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: