LaVar Ball Wants All 3 Sons to play for the Lakers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:00 am    Post subject:

la4win wrote:
I hear lakers have ball boy position open, maybe Liangelo can have shot in that.

Gelo seems dumb as rocks... not sure he could handle that position.
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:19 am    Post subject:

Can we have an official (bleep) Lavar Ball says thread?

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:36 am    Post subject:

LaVar needs to go away.....far far away. He is ruining all three of his kids lives. I mean, no chance the younger two go to college. They already broke NCAA rules by contacting overseas teams. LaVar is the biggest dumbass ever!! Let's just hope Lonzo can improve.

Really think the LaVar rants are going to be silenced soon. He has dug his own grave by being so incredibly arrogant and ignorant.

I knew this was going to be bad...but its really the end of the line for this dude. He needs to shut up and stay home and take care of his ailing wife.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:57 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
LaVar needs to go away.....far far away. He is ruining all three of his kids lives. I mean, no chance the younger two go to college. They already broke NCAA rules by contacting overseas teams. LaVar is the biggest dumbass ever!! Let's just hope Lonzo can improve.

Really think the LaVar rants are going to be silenced soon. He has dug his own grave by being so incredibly arrogant and ignorant.

I knew this was going to be bad...but its really the end of the line for this dude. He needs to shut up and stay home and take care of his ailing wife.

Traditionally, I would agree with you. However, we live in wild times now where things are really non-traditional. Politics, sports, education, etc. it’s all different now.

If you asked me right now who is more likely to succeed in getting their way, the NCAA or LaVar, I really couldn’t give you a confident answer. The way the NCAA does business is not likely to survive much longer. It could very well be that some guys follow Gelo/Melo and go to Europe or China instead off the NCAA system or the NCAA will eventually have no choice but to pay the student-athletes.

I don’t condone or agree with loud mouth, crazy LaVar all the time; but I don’t think his demise is coming anytime soon. He’s challenging the system and I see him as more of a nightmare to NCAA than them just being able to squash him. People might look back and be like BBB was the first to really challenge the system and now we have paid college athletes and athlete brands challenging the traditional Nike and Addidas giants.

Imo his boys have to be star players for this to work but it seems to be that’s not as important these days...will be interesting to see what happens a decade or so from now.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:03 am    Post subject:

Another Lavar Ball thread. Yay.
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:

He's got one son who was the #2 pick in the draft.

He's got another son who's currently the #7th ranked HS played in his class.

His other son got into UCLA.

He might be annoying, but hes done a decent job.

LaMelo's trajectory suggests he will be an NBA player.

Gelo will probably just be a career G-Leaguer.

They always said Gelo was only going to do one year at UCLA - even before the China stuff. So if hes suspended for most of the year, I get why him going to play overseas makes more sense.

If people are sick of Lavar, then dont pay attention. Dont comment on twitter about him. Dont comment in threads online about him. Its pretty easy.
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject:

What is the process for LaMelo to NBA again? I know someone posted it in another thread but couldn't find it.

He goes and plays overseas for a year and then a team can draft him and hold his rights while he plays exclusively for them in the G-League for two years and then hes elgible to play in the NBA?
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
Maybe that's Lavar's strategy. Tank his son's stock so far that the Lakers would be the only team willing to take them. I mean if they're talented I'd take them...

Give me LaMelo. He's a top 10 HS player in his class. Hes got a ton to work on, but so do all high school juniors lol.

Gelo will just be a career G-Leaguer. I honestly think he will get a chance on the South Bay Lakers though.

I think Lavar and Pelinka cut the same deal that Lavar and UCLA cut.
rogers49
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject:

Lavar confounded Lakers and NBA with YMCA.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:

Man if going to play professionally overseas is ruining a kid's life, then I don't know how to feel about kids from overseas? Do they all live ruined lives?
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

Man if going to play professionally overseas is ruining a kid's life, then I don't know how to feel about kids from overseas? Do they all live ruined lives?

hahaha..

I wish my parents 'ruined my life'.

** turns on his playstation **
HAL 9000
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject:

Lavar is like Pampers, self absorbed and full of $hit.
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

Traditionally, I would agree with you. However, we live in wild times now where things are really non-traditional. Politics, sports, education, etc. it’s all different now.

If you asked me right now who is more likely to succeed in getting their way, the NCAA or LaVar, I really couldn’t give you a confident answer. The way the NCAA does business is not likely to survive much longer. It could very well be that some guys follow Gelo/Melo and go to Europe or China instead off the NCAA system or the NCAA will eventually have no choice but to pay the student-athletes.

I don’t condone or agree with loud mouth, crazy LaVar all the time; but I don’t think his demise is coming anytime soon. He’s challenging the system and I see him as more of a nightmare to NCAA than them just being able to squash him. People might look back and be like BBB was the first to really challenge the system and now we have paid college athletes and athlete brands challenging the traditional Nike and Addidas giants.

Imo his boys have to be star players for this to work but it seems to be that’s not as important these days...will be interesting to see what happens a decade or so from now.

Exactly! Really good post. Lavar is turing the whole thing upside down, he is a disrupter, he is challenging the system and I love people like that.
Who needs NCAA in the age of social media, do you need to follow the traditional path when you got the eyeballs of the world on you?
Even if the Ball brothers play overseas they will be talked about more than any prospect in the US, they will have much larger appeal and be recognized more widely.

The hell with NCAA. LaMelo for example if he goes to play in China can make a loooot of money just with the contract he gets, his own shoe, endorsments etc etc etc. Basically LaMelo can be a multimillion dollar athlete before he even enters the NBA and he can do it all in a large market like China.

Guess what...just thinking ahead here...but if LaMelo gets all that done in China, Lavar can easily sign new blue chippers to the big baller brand and promise them the same. What do you think their parents are going to choose, a year of basketball in China and millions of dollars or NCAA? The hell with NCAA.

I am 100 % with LaVar here.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
DELETE.

Why?
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: LaVar Ball Wants All 3 Sons to play for the Lakers

King Nupe wrote:
Wino wrote:
http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-feed-lavar-ball-wants-all-threesons-in-la-should-team-allow-it/2017/12/06/

Man, you got to laugh at that. Because getting arrested for robbery in China is a good resume builder.

Shoplifting isnt robbery. Try reading a dictionary sometime.

Whatever dude, crawl back in your cave.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject: Re: LaVar Ball Wants All 3 Sons to play for the Lakers

adkindo wrote:
King Nupe wrote:
Try reading a dictionary sometime.

sounds boring

Apparently, when you are the awesome king of nupe, that is all you do. Then you troll the internet for people who making analogies that are stretching the truth.

Hey, you spellllllled that wrong!!!!!
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: LaVar Ball Wants All 3 Sons to play for the Lakers

King Nupe wrote:
Wino wrote:
http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-feed-lavar-ball-wants-all-threesons-in-la-should-team-allow-it/2017/12/06/

Man, you got to laugh at that. Because getting arrested for robbery in China is a good resume builder.

rob·ber·y
ˈräb(ə)rē/Submit
noun

the action of robbing a person or place.

"he was involved in drugs, violence, extortion, and robbery"

synonyms: burglary, theft, thievery, stealing, breaking and entering, housebreaking, larceny, shoplifting, purse-snatching; More
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject:

Can Gelo go back to China?

Thats where Ball brothers should play. Europe isnt a big enough market, many countries are somewhat rigid in their approach to basketball and emphasise fundementals too much and besides it could be somewhat hard not even so much because of the competition but because minutes might not be there for two kids.

Whereas China needs Ball brothers, Ball brothers need China. Competition isnt really that great, they will get the spotlight, the minutes and its a win win. They get to play bball, money and access to a huge market, Chinese basketball gets eyeballs. What an amazing promotion for Chinese basketball, everybody would watch it.. And the money is there.

Gelo can get involved in charity or something for PR purposes.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject:

Nope one Ball is enough. This guys mouth will most def keep the Lakers from going after another Ball
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject:

iimarshon wrote:
What is the process for LaMelo to NBA again? I know someone posted it in another thread but couldn't find it.

He goes and plays overseas for a year and then a team can draft him and hold his rights while he plays exclusively for them in the G-League for two years and then hes elgible to play in the NBA?

I think to be drafted as an international player you need to have spent three years under an international contract, not just one year. Unless they changed the rules, I don't believe he's eligible to be drafted early and stashed. So he'll be eligible to be drafted at the same time he's eligible to play in the NBA -- three years from now in 2020.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject:

LakersNewEra wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

Exactly! Really good post. Lavar is turing the whole thing upside down, he is a disrupter, he is challenging the system and I love people like that.
Who needs NCAA in the age of social media, do you need to follow the traditional path when you got the eyeballs of the world on you?
Even if the Ball brothers play overseas they will be talked about more than any prospect in the US, they will have much larger appeal and be recognized more widely.

The hell with NCAA. LaMelo for example if he goes to play in China can make a loooot of money just with the contract he gets, his own shoe, endorsments etc etc etc. Basically LaMelo can be a multimillion dollar athlete before he even enters the NBA and he can do it all in a large market like China.

Guess what...just thinking ahead here...but if LaMelo gets all that done in China, Lavar can easily sign new blue chippers to the big baller brand and promise them the same. What do you think their parents are going to choose, a year of basketball in China and millions of dollars or NCAA? The hell with NCAA.

I am 100 % with LaVar here.

You are certainly as disillusioned as he is.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: LaVar Ball Wants All 3 Sons to play for the Lakers

LongBeachPoly wrote:
King Nupe wrote:
Wino wrote:

rob·ber·y
ˈräb(ə)rē/Submit
noun

the action of robbing a person or place.

"he was involved in drugs, violence, extortion, and robbery"

synonyms: burglary, theft, thievery, stealing, breaking and entering, housebreaking, larceny, shoplifting, purse-snatching; More

Thanks for doing the work for me. I don't really even care. It's like that A-holes who disparage others for spelling something wrong on the web.

We all know who the pedantic douche is in this type of situation.

When you can't debate people on the points they are making, resort to calling them out on something unrelated like spelling or definition of meanings.
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject:

I think they go to France or Australia.
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject:

iimarshon wrote:
I think they go to France or Australia.

Bad choices.
Australia is too small of a market. France is somewhat politically instable with terrorism, its the kind of a place these days where you gotta think twice if you will go there and Ball brothers probably wouldnt create that much of a buzz.

In China however, especially given that Gelo already has a bit of history there lol...and it made waves cuz of Trump too..
In China the buzz would be yuuuuuuuuuge. And they could likely have much more leverage. LaVar likely couldnt demand European teams play his kids. He can easily negotiate that in China.

Australia makes sense I guess if youre looking for a place where they will be comfortable thats pretty much the same as LA in a lot of ways.
While China makes sense it is a huge culture shock. Australia isnt.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject:

LaVar Ball: LiAngelo, LaMelo sign with agent, will play overseas

Quote:
LaVar Ball told ESPN that his sons LiAngelo and LaMelo Ball have signed with agent Harrison Gaines, ending any speculation that LaMelo will play college basketball. The plan is now for both to play on the same team overseas.

LINK

UCLA Athletic Department
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: