Anthony Davis A Free Agent In 2020?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:54 pm    Post subject: Anthony Davis A Free Agent In 2020?

https://247sports.com/college/kentucky/Article/Kentucky-Wildcats-basketball-Anthony-Davis-buys-75-million-home-in-Los-Angeles-119574652/

So apparently, he just bought a house in LA, and AD can opt out of his contract in 2020. Same time that Loul Deng’s contract expires.

And he’s not exactly a happy camper about Rondo and Cousins being gone. Just saying.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:57 pm    Post subject:

The article linke almost gave me a heart attack until I saw it was $7.5 million.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:00 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
The article linke almost gave me a heart attack until I saw it was $7.5 million.

Yeah I noticed that when I posted it.
Here2Party
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:01 pm    Post subject:

Not sure if we will have max spot in 2020.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:07 pm    Post subject:

Here2Party wrote:

Depends on how we play our cards. Say if we got Leonard in 2019 and didn’t take on any salary after 2020. We would still have Lonzo on his rookie contract, Lebron, Leonard, Kuzma and Hart on cheep contracts, and Ingram as a RFA (I have no idea what his cap hold would be though).

As I said, desponds on how we play our cards.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:28 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Here2Party wrote:

Depends on how we play our cards. Say if we got Leonard in 2019 and didn’t take on any salary after 2020. We would still have Lonzo on his rookie contract, Lebron, Leonard, Kuzma and Hart on cheep contracts, and Ingram as a RFA (I have no idea what his cap hold would be though).

As I said, desponds on how we play our cards.

Well, if we have LBJ, Kawhi, and minimum contracts, we would have about 30 million in capspace. So we would have to trade for him.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:23 pm    Post subject:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24613165/new-orleans-pelicans-star-anthony-davis-parts-ways-long-agent

Quote:
New Orleans Pelicans star Anthony Davis has parted ways with longtime agent Thad Foucher, sources told ESPN.

To officially change agents, players are required to file paperwork with the players' union and then wait 15 days. Rich Paul of Klutch Sports, who represents LeBron James, among others, is a leading contender to represent Davis, sources said.

Davis has two years and $52 million left on his contract with the Pelicans, plus a $29 million player option for the 2020-21 season.

Is the puzzle fitting for you guys yet?
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:30 pm    Post subject:

Anthony Davis NEEDS to publicly say he wants OUT, right now.

Then start acting disgruntled, miss a few games, be late to a few practices..

Salaries fit just about perfect:

AD: $25.4mil

KCP+ZO+Ingram= $25.1

Lakers should even add a First Round Pick, that's four for 1

Do it Magic
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:57 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:

KCP+ZO+Ingram= $25.1

Do it Magic

I think that we would need to send them more than that. One of Kuzma/Hart at a minimum, and, I believe, at least two 1st round picks. If they don't have interest in KCP beyond this season, I think they might even be OK with Lance and Beasley in place of KCP (that would save them money in payroll for this year), as long as they got 3 of our 4 young core pieces and at least two 1st's. Just my .02, though.
tyler2481
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:53 am    Post subject:

Honestly as good as Kuzma has been, I believe the decision who to keep comes down to two people and that is either Lonzo or Ingram. They are so versatile and can provide much more. If I had to pull the trigger today for Davis I would offer Zo, Kuz & Hart and try my best to keep Ingram. I love hart but idk why people would be so happy to lose all our young core and just be left with him.
chekmatex4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:49 pm    Post subject:

Here2Party wrote:
Lakers won't have a a max spot by that point if they resign the players on their current rookie contracts (Ingram will be a RFA with a cap hold, Ball has a team option for $11m) and sign any other free agents.

Pelicans have not shown any inclination to move Davis this year and Davis has not made any negative comments about the team or wanting to move. If anything, he will be moved next summer.

We will be competing with the Celtics to come up with the best offer. I think Lakers will do Ingram, Ball, Kuzma, and however many picks (plus other players to make contracts match) to beat the Celtics offer.

unleasHell wrote:

KCP+ZO+Ingram= $25.1

Do it Magic
Even if Davis was disgruntled, no way Pelicans would accept that offer when they still have him under contract through 2019. Pelicans will hang onto him until next year to create a bidding war no matter how much he asks for a trade because he doesn't have the leverage.

Also, the quality of your 4 for 1 matters. KCP is just a filler to make contracts and I wouldn't even consider him a positive asset.

My prediction is that Lakers continue to stay on course to clear salary cap for 2019 free agents. I also think Lakers will strike out on Leonard and Durant. If Durant resigns with GSW, then GSW might let Klay walk to the Lakers. If Klay gives GSW a discount to resign, then Khris Middleton will get a strong offer from the Lakers. Then Lakers will pursue Anthony Davis or another All Star in a trade.
LeBron Stan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:43 pm    Post subject:

CJ Fogler
@cjzero
·
42m
Anthony Davis's shoulder injury and video of him leaving the arena from TNT

https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/1096242865871749121?s=21
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:01 am    Post subject: Re: Anthony Davis A Free Agent In 2020?

Megaton wrote:
https://247sports.com/college/kentucky/Article/Kentucky-Wildcats-basketball-Anthony-Davis-buys-75-million-home-in-Los-Angeles-119574652/

So apparently, he just bought a house in LA, and AD can opt out of his contract in 2020. Same time that Loul Deng’s contract expires.

And he’s not exactly a happy camper about Rondo and Cousins being gone. Just saying.

Well then, the Lakers should resign Rondo and sign Cousins this off season to get ready for AD...!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: