RIP LG member Lowest Merion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:51 pm    Post subject:

RIP
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:54 pm    Post subject:

Wow.

Rest in Peace. And it hurts to say that.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:03 pm    Post subject:

RIP
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:06 pm    Post subject:

Only knew him as a poster, but he was very smart, thoughtful dude. Rest in peace and god bless his loved ones in this difficult time for them.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:52 pm    Post subject:

RIP, LG brother.
cx44
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:50 am    Post subject:

RIP
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:52 am    Post subject:

Rest in peace.
Sportsmuze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:00 am    Post subject:

Top 10 poster for me for years...

We always agreed, which is why he was one of my favorites of course

I havn't been active on this site in a while, came back and saw this...

What a bummer,

RIP my friend
daytripper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:13 am    Post subject:

Condolences to his family and friends that may read this..
LM added alot to this forum over the years.
RobinInHood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:16 am    Post subject:

RIP <3
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:17 am    Post subject:

One of the coolest ever. Enjoy being infinite.
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:20 am    Post subject:

How sad and tragic. He contributed a lot to this community and will not be forgotten. Rest in peace.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:37 am    Post subject:

His location used to read, "In the Fade", and that's how it feels without him.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:52 am    Post subject:

Sucks - often had very nice posts. Wishing his family nothing but peace as they deal with their loss.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:13 pm    Post subject:

RIP Brother, this is sad news.

I wish we had a better way that people could reach out easier when they're struggling, I know how hard it is and you wish you could help other people who are also struggling, even if you've never met them in person.

To anyone else out there struggling, keep your head up, make sure you don't struggle alone. Much Love

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
dubaholic1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:21 pm    Post subject:

I've written and deleted my thoughts about 30 times since I've found out and I'm still (bleep) up about it so I'm just gonna leave it here as RIP my dude I will see you on the other side.
Rek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:42 pm    Post subject:

RIP and prayers to his family, especially his children.
pkflyers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:05 pm    Post subject:

Sad to see this, always liked his posts

RIP

Big Game James wrote:
I'm Kwame Brown and every one of my posts seem to be moved. I find this perplexing because I've never had a post move before!

http://tinyurl.com/snxt
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:27 am    Post subject:

Hyrum first reached out to me in 2013 to shoot the (bleep) about the Lakers, this forum and some of its infamous neurotics, music...life in general. Really casual things. He found me on social media. We chatted for hours on the night Kobe tore his achilles, and I got to know him a bit. I found him unusually comfortable opening up about things that he loved and hated, what things drove him at the moment, especially to someone who hadn't offered much on the record here other than a potpourri of banter and aimless sh__posting. I quickly figured out that he must have been a treasured friend to his friends. After that week, we caught each other online sporadically for some quick howdies, and over that next year our relationship consisted of months-long gaps between messages, with the occasional sharing of youtube music links, spontaneous attempts at arranging meetups to catch a game, a drink, or a sandwich (which I'm heartbroken to say never panned out), and him PMing me here on LG when his least favorite heels made pariahs of themselves. He'd often criticize me for things I'd posted that he found carelessly mean or stupid, but like a friend would do. He cherished his IRL encounters with friends he'd made on this site. Quite a bit of time passed with no communication between us, and then one day, he sent me a message regarding some bad news about his practice, fear for his childrens' welfare while he was between jobs, and some frustration about a nagging health problem--nothing heavy, just something he'd worried would become a "larger, less manageable problem" (his words). I gave him my phone number. He called me at work and we chatted for a good hour or so in the wee morning, not about these problems, but about joyful, silly things again. I've never had such a long, casual phone conversation with anyone--certainly not another male--who wasn't already a loved real-life relation. He was an easy person to speak to, because he had zero apprehensions about you knowing him in full. From this point on, our communication happened almost exclusively over the phone. He'd make time to ask how things were going with me; I seldom returned the honor. Before too long, he'd informed me that his nagging health problem was actually just one symptom of a rare, excruciating nerve disorder. He was in an exceptional and steadily worsening physical pain. Years shot by and we'd hardly talked. In this frame of time, the man messaged me some pieces of his writing and requests for medical advice, and I received a couple of amazon packaged books that he authored. I'll always regret that I neglected to open them until yesterday.
Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:16 am    Post subject:

Incredibly sad news. LM was a phenomenal poster and person. I was fortunate enough to converse with him on this site and get to know him offline as well.

This one hurts. RIP, H.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:57 am    Post subject:

Damn!!!!!
spflakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:36 am    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
Hyrum first reached out to me in 2013 to shoot the (bleep) about the Lakers, this forum and some of its infamous neurotics, music...life in general. Really casual things. He found me on social media. We chatted for hours on the night Kobe tore his achilles, and I got to know him a bit. I found him unusually comfortable opening up about things that he loved and hated, what things drove him at the moment, especially to someone who hadn't offered much on the record here other than a potpourri of banter and aimless sh__posting. I quickly figured out that he must have been a treasured friend to his friends. After that week, we caught each other online sporadically for some quick howdies, and over that next year our relationship consisted of months-long gaps between messages, with the occasional sharing of youtube music links, spontaneous attempts at arranging meetups to catch a game, a drink, or a sandwich (which I'm heartbroken to say never panned out), and him PMing me here on LG when his least favorite heels made pariahs of themselves. He'd often criticize me for things I'd posted that he found carelessly mean or stupid, but like a friend would do. He cherished his IRL encounters with friends he'd made on this site. Quite a bit of time passed with no communication between us, and then one day, he sent me a message regarding some bad news about his practice, fear for his childrens' welfare while he was between jobs, and some frustration about a nagging health problem--nothing heavy, just something he'd worried would become a "larger, less manageable problem" (his words). I gave him my phone number. He called me at work and we chatted for a good hour or so in the wee morning, not about these problems, but about joyful, silly things again. I've never had such a long, casual phone conversation with anyone--certainly not another male--who wasn't already a loved real-life relation. He was an easy person to speak to, because he had zero apprehensions about you knowing him in full. From this point on, our communication happened almost exclusively over the phone. He'd make time to ask how things were going with me; I seldom returned the honor. Before too long, he'd informed me that his nagging health problem was actually just one symptom of a rare, excruciating nerve disorder. He was in an exceptional and steadily worsening physical pain. Years shot by and we'd hardly talked. In this frame of time, the man messaged me some pieces of his writing and requests for medical advice, and I received a couple of amazon packaged books that he authored. I'll always regret that I neglected to open them until yesterday.

Thanks for sharing this, Huey. Really great testimony to what made Hyrum such a good dude.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:38 am    Post subject:

I didn't know him, but I will miss his posts and seeing his username/avi. From reading this thread it sounds like he was someone who has been through difficult experiences. As someone who is no stranger to the dark, I know what the struggle is like. If I've learned one thing it's that many of you have built a friendship off site, and that makes our love of the Purple & Gold a uniting gateway. I feel privileged to be a part of this community. To Hyrum's friends and family, I hope you can find your way through this difficult time.

RIP to an LG brother.
ThreePointBomber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:30 am    Post subject:

He always had good posts on here. Sad.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:25 pm    Post subject:

My condolences to those who knew him. As I read these testimonials, I appreciate the lives he’s touched. When all is said and done, how we treat each other, how we respect each others presence, and how we share our perspectives in life beyond spectators; those times are remembered and embraced by these boards - recorded for later generations to venture upon. In that respect, the man’s presence with us will live on. My hope is that his energy is found by those that need him the most; by family, by strangers, by those that suffer from the everyday demons. Rest and find peace, sir.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: