Quasi-Official BOOGIE COUSINS Thread (Charges Dropped)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zubolo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:43 am    Post subject: Quasi-Official BOOGIE COUSINS Thread (Charges Dropped)

I know a lot of you are not high on him but for the right price and for about 2-3 years, would you consider him? There seems to be a lot of rumors suggesting that he is one of our more likely options should we strike out on some of the top guys.

Some may question his defense but I see him doing a decent job of staying in front of guards, taking charges and with his health improving over the summer, I expect him to go back to averaging around 1.5 steals and 1.5 blocks as he did in previous seasons. Don't forget that he is entering his prime and will likely be gaining some championship experience.

With that said, is it realistic to sign Demarcus to a contract of about $18m per year for 2 years maybe 3, with the third year being a player option? Judging from what happened last off-season, I saw clear indicators that he wanted to become a Laker and was willing to take a signifcant pay cut to do so.

Which teams do you see offering him the full max, given that there are a lot of strong centers out there? Dallas?

Let's say we have about $38m-$40m in cap space this off-season and strike out on Kawhi, KD and Kyrie, I would consider the following:
1. Offer $18m-$20m to Boogie for 2-3 years
2. Offer $10-$12m for 2-3 years to one of the following guys in the following order: Danny Green, Aminu, Ariza
3. Offer $10-$12m to Darren Collison, if he rejects, I will offer about $7m to Beverly and if he rejects, I will see if we can land Seth Curry ($5m?)
4. Offer Room Exception to Javale
5. Extend Caruso IMMEDIATELY!!

With the Warriors likely being weakened with the Exodus of Durant, if Lebron can come back with a vengeance and if our young guys collectively take another step and remain relatively healthy, I think we have as good a chance as any in competing in the west. I am also assuming the coach we get is solid (no Jason Kidd please!!).

C - Cousins/McGee/Wagner
F - Lebron/Kuzma
F - Ingram/Lottery pick/Bullock (vet min?)
G - Danny Green/Josh Hart/Bonga
G - Ball/Collison/Caruso

NB: Mods, if there is already a Boogie Cousins thread, feel free to merge
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:58 am    Post subject: Re: The Case for Boogie Cousins

Zubolo wrote:
I know a lot of you are not high on him but for the right price and for about 2-3 years, would you consider him? There seems to be a lot of rumors suggesting that he is one of our more likely options should we strike out on some of the top guys.

Some may question his defense but I see him doing a decent job of staying in front of guards, taking charges and with his health improving over the summer, I expect him to go back to averaging around 1.5 steals and 1.5 blocks as he did in previous seasons. Don't forget that he is entering his prime and will likely be gaining some championship experience.

With that said, is it realistic to sign Demarcus to a contract of about $18m per year for 2 years maybe 3, with the third year being a player option? Judging from what happened last off-season, I saw clear indicators that he wanted to become a Laker and was willing to take a signifcant pay cut to do so.

Which teams do you see offering him the full max, given that there are a lot of strong centers out there? Dallas?

Let's say we have about $38m-$40m in cap space this off-season and strike out on Kawhi, KD and Kyrie, I would consider the following:
2. Offer $10-$12m for 2-3 years to one of the following guys in the following order: Danny Green, Aminu, Ariza
3. Offer $10-$12m to Darren Collison, if he rejects, I will offer about $7m to Beverly and if he rejects, I will see if we can land Seth Curry ($5m?)

With the Warriors likely being weakened with the Exodus of Durant, if Lebron can come back with a vengeance and if our young guys collectively take another step and remain relatively healthy, I think we have as good a chance as any in competing in the west. I am also assuming the coach we get is solid (no Jason Kidd please!!).

C - Cousins/McGee/Wagner
F - Lebron/Kuzma
G - Ball/Collison/Caruso

It wouldn't surprise me if we end up with Cousins. However, I don't expect us to get Bullock, McGee, and Collison as backups, especially for the low salaries that you're expecting. Bullock, for example, is going to be looking for starters minutes and at least 10 million a year. Collison and McGee had great seasons and can start for lots of teams.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:55 am    Post subject:

I have a feeling we're going to end up with Boogie and Jimmy Butler.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:24 am    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
I have a feeling we're going to end up with Boogie and Jimmy Butler.

We don’t have that much cap space
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:53 am    Post subject:

If Cousins is willing to come here on a discount then we can add him and still get a B level FA, also we have no idea rather we will renounce our lottery pick to gain additional cap space.
Zubolo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:41 am    Post subject:

So how much would Boogie realistically command in the open market and which team will have the cap space and the need at center to offer him something close to the max? The only team I can think of is Dallas potentially but maybe they might have a greater need at the point guard position.
Zubolo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: The Case for Boogie Cousins

activeverb wrote:
Zubolo wrote:

C - Cousins/McGee/Wagner
F - Lebron/Kuzma
G - Ball/Collison/Caruso

It wouldn't surprise me if we end up with Cousins. However, I don't expect us to get Bullock, McGee, and Collison as backups, especially for the low salaries that you're expecting. Bullock, for example, is going to be looking for starters minutes and at least 10 million a year. Collison and McGee had great seasons and can start for lots of teams.

I am not sure any GM in their right mind will be offering Bullock that kinda money. Then again, there are not a lot of GM's who have a 'right mind'.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:33 pm    Post subject:

a long tall guy that is quick off his feet and blocks shots like Gobert or Giannis to grow with the franchise at a minimal salary...
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:55 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
a long tall guy that is quick off his feet and blocks shots like Gobert or Giannis to grow with the franchise at a minimal salary...

Oh, like Mitchell Robinson 😔
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: The Case for Boogie Cousins

Zubolo wrote:

I am not sure any GM in their right mind will be offering Bullock that kinda money. Then again, there are not a lot of GM's who have a 'right mind'.

I know it seems that way, but the MLE next season (which is the NBA average salary) will climb to $9 million a year.

Over the past two years, Bullock has been one of the top 3-point shooters in the league and a solid defender. He'll genegate a lot of interest; he's going to start for some team; and money will be his prime motivation.

The minimum I see him making is 3 years, for $7-8 million per a year. I could easily see Detroit offering him $10 million a year.

But he won't be a backup, and he won't be signing for anything close to the vet's minimum
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:08 pm    Post subject:

mcg cousins and lbj down low would be nice
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: The Case for Boogie Cousins

activeverb wrote:
Zubolo wrote:

I know it seems that way, but the MLE next season (which is the NBA average salary) will climb to $9 million a year.

Over the past two years, Bullock has been one of the top 3-point shooters in the league and a solid defender. He'll genegate a lot of interest; he's going to start for some team; and money will be his prime motivation.

The minimum I see him making is 3 years, for $7-8 million per a year. I could easily see Detroit offering him $10 million a year.

But he won't be a backup, and he won't be signing for anything close to the vet's minimum

I think that the Warriors would sign him in a heartbeat
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:22 pm    Post subject:

Zubolo wrote:
So how much would Boogie realistically command in the open market and which team will have the cap space and the need at center to offer him something close to the max? The only team I can think of is Dallas potentially but maybe they might have a greater need at the point guard position.

The Hawks.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:17 pm    Post subject:

samnizam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:41 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:

Why because you are not interested.....
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:44 pm    Post subject:

samnizam wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

The only case for keeping Boogie is that we want to piss more money down the toilet
Zubolo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:00 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Zubolo wrote:

The Hawks.

True. Thought about them as well but not sure if Cousins is the best fit given where they are in the player development process. I live in Atlanta and follow the team quite a bit. Not sure Cousins is the ideal fit chemistry-wise but you never know.
Zubolo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: The Case for Boogie Cousins

activeverb wrote:
Zubolo wrote:

I only throw Reggie Bullocks out there because I am thinking of a vet 3 and D guy. There are multiple others I have in mind that should be considered fro the vet min: Justin Holiday, G Temple, P Connaughton, D Carolle.. at least one of these guys should be possible
quartzcharm
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:47 pm    Post subject:

If Maginka insists on signing him at all, hopefully they only give him a 1 year deal.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:40 pm    Post subject:

There’s no case if he can’t shoot 3s anymore
captain jack
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:31 pm    Post subject:

samnizam wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Hey pjiddy you have choices, go to another thread that’s more appealing.
captain jack
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:36 pm    Post subject:

samnizam wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Hey pjiddy you have choices, go to another thread that’s more appealing.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:38 pm    Post subject:

If it's not a curious case of growing younger, leaner, faster, then nah, I pass on Boogie.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:41 pm    Post subject:

I didn't like the healthy Boogie I sure as hell don't want a post-Achilles Boogie.
tony
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:43 pm    Post subject:

The games I've seen of Boogie makes me think this injury is going to end his career as a #1 option (or even #2). Dude looks like he can barely get past anyone and on defense it looks even worse.

GSW is definitely making him/his stats look better than it really isl
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 1 of 69
Jump to: